140th Westminister Kennel Club Dog Show - Feb. 15-16

Japanfan

I always root for the "common" breeds that never seem to win.

Ditto. Little dogs seem to get the edge, though I was thrilled with Josh the Newfoundland won some years ago.

Mostly I've stopped watching - though I don't get Animal Planet, so it's not an option.

maureenfarone

Thanks for the reminder. I never watch the entire competition, but love to tune in when I have a minute. Even though the dachshunds are my personal favorites, I love to see all the breeds.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I had death in my soul when the affenpinscher won. :drama: Not a huge fan of the toys although the King Charles are cute.

Susan1

Ditto. Little dogs seem to get the edge, though I was thrilled with Josh the Newfoundland won some years ago.

Mostly I've stopped watching - though I don't get Animal Planet, so it's not an option.
The Westminster show (the biggie) is on CNBC.

Artemis@BC

I always root for the "common" breeds that never seem to win.

I always root for any dogs that look like actual dogs you might see in real life and that don't have to be all groomed and fluffed.

Oh, and any breed that doesn't "require" cropping or docking. When will the AKC get with the program on that and ban the practice as it has been for years in Europe?

Regardless though, I'm just happy I get to watch "normally" on TV this year instead of a computer screen, since Animal Planet (who carries the show in Canada) has a free preview on this month. Perfect timing!

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
Go Skye Terriers! (I own Pembrokes, but no way is one going to win Herding. In any case if/when I get a show pup it will be either a Skye or a Sussex Spaniel.)

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
My mom turned up her nose at the borzoi. She knew a pair of borzois in Ukraine that were used in the Russian War & Peace movie. She says those were better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information