73rd Golden Globe Awards

Artemis@BC

I'm surprised no one has already started a thread for this.

I rarely watch award shows (the only exception being the Tonys), but will watch tonight for one reason: Ricky Gervais. I love him and his unapologetic* sense of irreverent humour, and I can't wait to see who and what he skewers tonight.

(Not really unapologetic -- he's already apologized in advance for what he might say! LOL)

Oh yeah and there will be some pretty gowns and people winning stuff too.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'll give gervas a chance to be funny, but I didn't find his last hosting performance to be anything but whiny and dismal for someone who could be so much more.

peibeck

Simply looking
Kate Hudson looks horrible, that dress looks so cheap. I can't believe Michael Kors designed it.

peibeck

Simply looking
Kate Winslet wins supporting actress in a movie for "Steve Jobs"

Maura Tierney wins supporting actress in TV series, miniseries, movie made for television for "The Affair"

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
What's with Channing Tatum's hair? It's like Hitler Youth meets Gary Oldman from The Fifth Element.

The Golden Globes always get awkward...but this one did it in record time.

peibeck

Simply looking
Rachel Bloom wins Best Actress- TV comedy for "Crazy Ex Girlfriend"

"Mozart in the Jungle" wins Best TV Comedy series (I've never even heard of this show). :shuffle:

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
"Wolf Hall"" wins best miniseries or motion picture made for TV.

Bryce Dallas Howard wins worst dressed. :p

quartz

scratching at the light
I know very few of these people, I just want to see the dresses. That emerald green dress was a bit low cut. The other girl in orange was very shiny. Is that the newest makeup trend??

peibeck

Simply looking
My future ex-husband Oscar Issac wins best performance by an actor in a miniseries or movie made for TV for "Show Me a Hero."

ilovepaydays

This is just making me realize all the TV shows and movies I haven't been checking out.

Does anyone know if Mr. Robot is a good show? I have been wanting to see Concussion, Spotlight, Steve Jobs, The Big Short, and The Revenant in theaters but I haven't gotten a chance to do it yet.

quartz

scratching at the light
She's designing a plus-sized line. That's in the collection. Cause what plus-sized woman doesn't want to wear a shiny garbage bag?
I am plus sized. I am now afraid to check out the rest of her "collection"! :D

peibeck

Simply looking
Jon Hamm wins Best Actor - drama TV series for "Mad Men"

"The Hateful Eight" wins best motion picture score

Christian Slater wins best supporting actor, TV series, miniseries or made for TV motion picture for "Mr. Robot."

peibeck

Simply looking
Matt Damon wins Best Actor Motion Picture Comedy for "The Martian." (Can't wait for Gervais to again ridicule it for being classified as a comedy.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information