Chantastic....the return of Patrick

Scrufflet

I want to see how the program can improve from Skate Canada. I'll watch it three times at TEB, three times at the Grand Prix Final, three times at Nationals, three times at 4CC (I can dream) and three times at Worlds. Remember, you have to pace yourself throughout the season. You don't want to peak too early. :D
Yes Peter, please pace your watching! Don't peak too early!

Corianna

Where do you stream from?

If I may butt in...
I pay - $12 US - a month to stream from TV Teka. There are no hassles and no commercials. I find it easier and safer than the free streams but you'll find the free streams listed in FSU on the day. Also Hot Blades Hot Passion - an Italian site which is respectable despite the name, lists where the streams will be.

clarie

I haven't watched yesterday's short yet, but when I checked the standings, I assumed he had popped a jump. However, I noticed the haterz were out in full force in the forum. I hope he has a wonderful long and moves up to the podium at least. That long program is a masterpiece of skating skills IMO, but hope he can land the jumps as well this time.

Really

I need a new title
Given that TEB has now been cancelled in light of the horrific events in Paris last night, that's not going to happen.

Sylvia

TBD
Excerpt from Jean-Christophe Berlot's interview at TEB that I found interesting:
Chan: Coming out of Skate Canada, Kathy and I knew that we needed to do something with the short program music, skating wise or choreography wise. We definitely needed to take some things away, or add some time to the program. It was two minutes, 46 seconds, so we could add four more seconds. But how do you add four seconds without making it sound like you've added four seconds?

I'm rather fussy with music. We went back to (Chan's music director) Hugo [Chouinard], and he did a fantastic job. It worked right away with the new cuts, and everything felt better. All of a sudden, I could breathe. Today I did the new version, and I'm sure no one noticed that something had changed.

Icenetwork: What changed specifically?

Chan: We added two seconds after the quad and two seconds after the lutz. Before that, I was fighting against my music. You're breathing harder to catch up. Now, I don't have to battle anymore. Even if I take my time, I'm on time.

Corianna

CBC just mentioned that Jason Brown had withdrawn from NHK- which will clinch the sixth spot in the GPF for Patrick, if my Math is right, as that leaves Hanyu, Kovtun and Boy Jing three spots to claim, and also assuming that the ISU sticks with the Short Programme scores. Patrick wins the tie break for all the 22 pointers because of his gold at Skate Canada.

luckiest1

Really nice CBC interview with Patrick this past weekend:
Sport can help overcome tragedy

He seems very certain he'll be at GPF and it looks like he's right. Even if they do put a 7th spot in for the TEB athletes, it's likely it won't be him who needs it.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Once Rippon did not win Rostelecom Cup, Chan was guaranteed at least sixth seeding. He's currently 3rd with 7 points for RC. Only three Men can pass him mathematically at NHK. There are different sets of which three, but there are only three.

The inconsistent Kovtun and Murakami are the Men from TEB who are most likely to benefit if additional skaters are added. Aaron has a shot at ending in 8th if the NHK results are scrambled enough.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I'd been interested in knowing who the fourth Man at TEB who could knock Chan down to 7th is. I'm not seeing it.

bbkenn

So does Patrick even have a chance after that monster score at NHK for Hanyu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information