Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

On My Own

I love competition-era Yuzu but I also love pro-era Yuzu so much. He's trying new things he cannot do in competition and it is very interesting to see his continuous growth. ^^
I'm happy for him that he seems to have found something he likes. Can't say I'm exactly a fan, and I've not watched the solo shows. But he's rightly a legend, and the word "clownshow" comes more and more to mind with the "top level skating" nowadays. At least I'll be happy for retired skaters that they're not a part of it anymore lol.

Wynter

I'm happy for him that he seems to have found something he likes. Can't say I'm exactly a fan, and I've not watched the solo shows. But he's rightly a legend, and the word "clownshow" comes more and more to mind with the "top level skating" nowadays. At least I'll be happy for retired skaters that they're not a part of it anymore lol.

I am happy for him and myself because I can now ignore competition in peace and focus all my attention on him. I went to Japan to watch his Yokohama show and, his skating aside, it is one of the best ice shows I have ever attended.

Last edited:

Wynter

DVD and Bluray announcement for Prologue and GIFT, offering complete performance and multiple angles videos as bonus:

Prologue (Release Date: 19 July 2024)
DVD: 6,000 Yen
Bluray: 7,000 yen

GIFT (Release Date: 20 August 2024)
DVD: 6,000 yen
Bluray: 7,000 yen
There will also a limited edition box with a hoodie at 16,000 yen (DVD) and 17,000 yen (Bluray), sold via lottery.

Wynter

The GQ Magazine is released today. GUCCI Ginza Gallery will hold another Yuzuru photo exhibition from 22 May 2024.

GMbqneOWwAAo4xQ
GMbqneMXwAATZZg

There is also an article, translated here:

Fairuza

I have just watched a 3-hour long Asahi broadcast of RE_PRAY with quite a few behind-the-scene footage. Oh my. Did that increase my respect towards him!
Something to watch again and again. Fascinating stuff. Can it be made into a movie and shown in cinemas?

Wynter

I have just watched a 3-hour long Asahi broadcast of RE_PRAY with quite a few behind-the-scene footage. Oh my. Did that increase my respect towards him!
Something to watch again and again. Fascinating stuff. Can it be made into a movie and shown in cinemas?

I hope some fans will record the show and share the recording. Lots of interesting stuff were shared and I am very grateful to TV Asahi for broadcasting the program. Or, perhaps he will include the broadcast when he released the DVD?

Yuzu's practicing during the intermission alone is quite mindblowing to me. I always think he gets some rest in between. :eek: He's not joking when he said he trained even harder during his pro era.

LGeorgin shared some snippets and translations:

Sun_Set also shared some clips

Wynter

Last edited:

On My Own

I was watching Shoma's Loco because of his retirement, and of course, I stumbled on this video on the recommended:

Still the best men's figure skate ever. You can start a "slay count" for the next decade :lol:

Fiero425

I was watching Shoma's Loco because of his retirement, and of course, I stumbled on this video on the recommended:

Still the best men's figure skate ever. You can start a "slay count" for the next decade :lol:

Lucky Yuzu's top competition was at a disadvantage; ONO due to his mutual respect for his teammate & the recklessness of Patrick Chan who had him beat if he had just stayed on his feet during normal jumping passes or footwork! I was so shocked when Hanyu missed a couple quads early only to have Patrick assist in choking away his opportunity to win at the Olympics & Worlds! :scream: :wall::40beers::rolleyes::love:

Fiero425

:confused: What does this mean?

Any athlete can have too much respect or reverence for other competitors! Heaven knows someone like Sasha Cohen was more gifted as a figure skating ballerina, but she had trouble beating Michelle Kwan! Same w/ Tara Lipinski, but she overcame those nerves 3 times to take 1 US Nat'l, a World, & a GPF before retiring at 16 years old! Uno is Yuzu's junior and somehow the "older brother" or "sister" always seems to win! JMHO! :scream: :wall::40beers::rolleyes::love:

Last edited:

On My Own

Any athlete can have too much respect or reverence for other competitors! Heaven knows someone like Sasha Cohen was more gifted as a figure skating ballerina, but she had trouble beating Michelle Kwan! Same w/ Tara Lipinski, but she overcame those nerves 3 times to take 1 US Nat'l, a World, & a GPF before retiring at 16 years old! Ono is Yuzu's junior and somehow the "older brother" or "sister" always seems to win! JMHO! :scream: :wall::40beers::rolleyes::love:
His name's Uno, and for this to at all be true, he'd have to have never beaten Hanyu. Yet he did...

Anyway, it doesn't matter how "well" Uno would have skated at those worlds without this "handicap”. Despite the missing combo in the SP, Hanyu deserved that title. That would hold even if Uno had been fully clean at worlds, in my books.

Wynter

The thing I love the most from this program is not the clean performance or the way Yuzu performed it, but the way Yuzu and his team cut and weave the two songs together into the amazing song known as Hope and Legacy.

I wish more skaters have that skill.

On My Own

The thing I love the most from this program is not the clean performance or the way Yuzu performed it, but the way Yuzu and his team cut and weave the two songs together into the amazing song known as Hope and Legacy.

I wish more skaters have that skill.
I actually do agree that this is a beautiful music edit! One of my favourites ever in figure skating, and a very memorable one.

Wynter

Yuzuru's new interview with Quadruple Axel. The interview timing is after Notte Stellata (11 March 2024):

He compared his solo ice show performances with the marathon and relay run.
He's discussing the differences between his competition days vs professional days performances.
More detailed information on RE_PRAY show.

An interesting interview.

There's also an interview with MIKIKO (Director for GIFT and RE_PRAY). They have quite a similar idealism, so it is not surprising they can work together so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information