Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

peibeck

Simply looking
I know adrenaline and all, but after a whole season of practice, it's a bit disheartening to see these skaters dying with exhaustion at the end of their program like it's their first time out on the ice all year. :lol:

skatingguy

decently
Milania VAANANEN / Filippo CLERICI 🇫🇮
Personal Best: 111.36
Season Best: 111.36
Current Rank: 19
Music: Young and Beautiful by Lana del Rey
Help by Hurts
Coach: Luca Demattè, Ondrej Hotarek, Rosanna Murante

Skate together since 2023 & debut at WCh. 2024 National Champions. Placed 14th at 2024 ECh. Ranked 8th at GP Espoo and won Golden Spin in 2023. He is originally from Italy and they train in Bergamo.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I think he might be. He looks a bit out of shape and he was really spent at the end. I wondered If the back somersault choreo was even going to happen, because he put so little effort.
Yeah their lifts often aren’t comfortable to watch but even the simpler moves were worrying tonight. I thought he wasn’t going to duck in time on one dismount 🫣

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Fascinating how they approach their throws. The first double was done with no preparation and I understood it because of it being a double, and I was so sure mid-air that the loop towards the end was another double because it had ZERO setup. And yet, they pulled off a good triple.

peibeck

Simply looking
Vaananen/Clerici: Not the most difficulty, but I see potential with these two. Lifts are done, but not very stable. Hopefully he gets the rest he needs to recover from his back injury.

skatingguy

decently
Milania VAANANEN / Filippo CLERICI 🇫🇮
Coach: Luca Dematte, Ondrej Hotarek, Rosanna Murante
Music: Young and Beautiful, Help

Triple Twist 2
3S
3T+SEQ+A - Milania stumbled out of the first jump, and they didn't complete the sequence
Throw 2F
Reverse Lasso Lift 3
Back Outside Death Spiral 2
Choreo Sequence

Throw 3Lo - pitched forward
Axel Lasso Lift 3
Hand/Hip Lift 3
Pair Combo Spin 3

A bit of struggle on some of the elements, but the goal for this team was to skate the free skate, and they've achieved that. Hopefully we'll see more from them in the future leading to a Finish entry in the team event in 2026.

100.62 = 2nd Place
156.02 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information