Worldle - Daily Geography Game

Stefanie

Just adding a me three. My visual intelligence scores are always the lowest on the “what types of intelligence do you have” quizzes, and I really struggle with just seeing the shapes of countries without their neighbors, features, etc.

E.g., even on today’s, which I eventually got, it took a bit of guessing. If I had seen it in context of its neighbors, I’d have gotten it right away.

I’m very good at find x on a map - whether city, state, country, lake, mountain range, whatever. Ask me to determine a country just from a shape, forget it (with obvious exceptions).
It took me three tries today.

Jenny

From the Bloc
It's definitely the shapes with no other info thing. The last few have been a lot easier (I mean France, come on), and I'm still doing it every day, but I'm terrible at it.

@Louis might be onto something because another game I play regularly is Jigsaw Soduku - I'm playing the hardest level and getting it done but I do struggle at times with being able to look at a group of numbers and immediately know which one or ones is missing, which is holding me back from taking it to the next level of not just solving it, but solving it fast.

Also thinking that many of my favourite puzzles have more than one way to solve them. One solution, but different ways to get there. I love the Acrostic in the Sunday NY Times for example, and even a good crossword has a few ways to attack it. Worldle has none of that, well the distance clues but they aren't even that accurate. Other than telling me the solution is on an entirely different continent lol.

Lilia A

Wow, today's rounds were good, apparently

#Worldle #197 3/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #166 3/6
🟥🟥🟩
🟩🟩🟩

🌎 Aug 6, 2022 🌍
🔥 7 | Avg. Guesses: 7.7
🟥🟩 = 2

#globle

I was on to something with worldle and flagle, but totally got lucky with globle.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #198 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #167 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟥

#globle 🌎 Aug 7, 2022 🌍
🔥 31 | Avg. Guesses: 4.87
🟨🟧🟥🟩 = 4
I contemplated this country for my second guess but thought it was just a little too far. LOL, I am actually traveling there in under three weeks.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #201 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #170 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟥🟩
I feel like this flag should be boycotted.

#globle 🌎 Aug 10, 2022 🌍
🔥 34 | Avg. Guesses: 4.82
🟥🟥🟥🟩 = 4

At this point, I'm confusing the recent answers to the various games and guessing wrong for globle because I feel like the country has already come up.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #202 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #171 2/6
🟩🟩🟥
🟩🟩🟩
Okay, I did consult a reference once I saw the background.

#globle 🌎 Aug 11, 2022 🌍
🔥 35 | Avg. Guesses: 4.83
⬜🟧🟥🟧🟩 = 5
Lots of flailing around in the vicinity.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #205 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #174 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟥🟩

#globle 🌎 Aug 14, 2022 🌍
🔥 38 | Avg. Guesses: 4.74
🟥🟥🟩 = 3
Again, I feel like this was the answer within the last week. I should start keeping a spreadsheet.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #206 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #175 4/6
🟥🟩🟩
🟥🟥🟩
There were too many similar flags in the right vicinity.

#globle 🌎 Aug 15, 2022 🌍
🔥 39 | Avg. Guesses: 4.74
🟥🟧🟥🟥🟩 = 5

Lilia A

Today's Worldle is quite easy to recognize (and even if I hadn't, it was always my default sacrificial first guess so now I need a different one, probably in the same location).
#Worldle #208 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #177 5/6
🟥🟥🟩
🟥🟥🟩

🌎 Aug 17, 2022 🌍
🔥 18 | Avg. Guesses: 6.95
🟥🟥🟥🟥🟩 = 5

#globle
I've been getting better at globle lately. And now that I've said that, watch me having to take 24 guesses in tomorrow's game lol

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #208 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Flagle #177 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟥🟩

#globle 🌎 Aug 17, 2022 🌍
🔥 41 | Avg. Guesses: 4.71
🟥🟥🟥🟥🟩 = 5

@Lilia, I think we must have made exactly the same guesses for globle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information