Worldle - Daily Geography Game

Amy L

Good Geography day today. I haven't posted anything in the past few days because I had some dismal results :lol:

#Worldle #186 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #155 2/6
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩
🟩🟩🟩

🌎 Jul 26, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 2 | Avg. Guesses: 9.92
⬜🟨🟩 = 3

#globle

Stefanie

I'm trying to figure out why I'm so incredibly bad at this game! Geography was always my thing, I love maps, been reading them since I was a small child, have several hanging on my walls, it was sorta a thing my father and I shared. In his last year when I talked to him on the phone nearly every day, I always had Google maps open because we'd end up talking about places one or both of us had been, routes he took, usual geographic features, news stories around the world, all of it.

And then today I don't even get the country he was born in :(
Same here re: geography, maps, etc., and I am not very good at this game. For me, it's because I'm not used to seeing the shape of the country on its own/standing out by itself, but I can obviously point it out/name it when it's amongst its neighbouring countries if you gave me a map. But then, I could easily identify countries like Ireland, Italy, France, Spain, Poland, Germany, etc. if I saw them by themselves. I'm not as good with the African countries by themselves or the Pacific islands.

gkelly

I admit that I often cheat at these games by consulting maps especially for West Africa and island groups. I figure I'll learn through the process of playing and looking at maps, and as I continue I'll need to consult less and less often.

screech

Woohoo!
#Worldle #187 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

So-so result on Globle

🌎 Jul 27, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 3 | Avg. Guesses: 11.86
⬜⬜πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯
🟩 = 9

And no luck with today's Flagle

My favourite geography things to do are on Sporcle, as annoying as their ads are. My favourite is the one where you have to name all the countries in the world. I'll go back and do it again every few months - I think my best is around 175 of 197.

Last edited:

Amy L

#Worldle #187 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #156 2/6
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩
🟩🟩🟩

🌎 Jul 27, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 3 | Avg. Guesses: 9.92
⬜⬜⬜πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟧🟧🟧
πŸŸ₯🟩 = 10

#globle

Looks like I'm destined to be trash at Globle. My instinct seems to choose the exact wrong direction every time.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #188 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #157 5/6
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩
πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯
Okay, I thought I was well-educated, but I have never heard of this place and needed the dead giveaway section revealed.

#globle 🌎 Jul 28, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 21 | Avg. Guesses: 5.33
🟩 = 1
On the other hand, my random guess country that I always start with was today's country.

UMBS Go Blue

Π‘Π»Π°Π²Π° Π£ΠΊΡ€Π°Ρ—Π½Ρ–!
#Worldle #191 1/6 (100%) - was waiting for this one to show up some day :lol:
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #160 3/6 - umm... it's not really a country... lucked out only by guessing something nearby
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩

🌎 Jul 31, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 33 | Avg. Guesses: 6.33
🟨πŸŸ₯🟩 = 3
#globle

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #192 3/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜➑️
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬œβ¬œβ¬†οΈ
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰
I definitely should have done better.

#Flagle #161 2/6
🟩πŸŸ₯🟩
🟩🟩🟩

#globle 🌎 Aug 1, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 25 | Avg. Guesses: 5.16
πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟩 = 4

Cachoo

Same here, but of course today's was an easy one and I got that in one guess.
Yes we need a break. I like when I get it in one guess and I have absolutely no clue. I think Ghana sounds good and then it is Ghana. That RARELY happens.

UMBS Go Blue

Π‘Π»Π°Π²Π° Π£ΠΊΡ€Π°Ρ—Π½Ρ–!
#Worldle #194 1/6 (100%) - could throw off some people, just ignore some parts that could be distracting, folks... ;)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #163 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸ₯🟩🟩

🌎 Aug 3, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 36 | Avg. Guesses: 6.08
🟨🟨🟩 = 3
#globle

screech

#Worldle #195 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#globle
🌎 Aug 4, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 1 | Avg. Guesses: 11.17
⬜⬜🟧πŸŸ₯🟧🟩 = 6

I did not get Flagle today.

alexikeguchi

#Worldle #196 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #165 2/6
🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸ₯🟩🟩

#globle 🌎 Aug 5, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 29 | Avg. Guesses: 5
🟨🟩 = 2
My first guess was ~7000k off, leaving a lot of possibilities, but I guessed the right continent because I felt like it hadn't come up in a while.

screech

My best day in a while.

#Worldle #196 1/6 (100%)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŽ‰

#Flagle #165 3/6
🟩🟩πŸŸ₯
🟩🟩πŸŸ₯

#globle 🌎 Aug 5, 2022 🌍
πŸ”₯ 2 | Avg. Guesses: 10.84
🟨⬜⬜🟧🟩 = 5

Once I got the continent right, I knew the general area it had to be, but I'm terrible about knowing which countries are where. It was a random guess for my final one and I'm lucky (and surprised) I guessed right.

D

Deleted member 221

I'm trying to figure out why I'm so incredibly bad at this game! Geography was always my thing, I love maps, been reading them since I was a small child, have several hanging on my walls, it was sorta a thing my father and I shared.

Same here re: geography, maps, etc., and I am not very good at this game. For me, it's because I'm not used to seeing the shape of the country on its own/standing out by itself, but I can obviously point it out/name it when it's amongst its neighbouring countries if you gave me a map. islands.

Just adding a me three. My visual intelligence scores are always the lowest on the β€œwhat types of intelligence do you have” quizzes, and I really struggle with just seeing the shapes of countries without their neighbors, features, etc.

E.g., even on today’s, which I eventually got, it took a bit of guessing. If I had seen it in context of its neighbors, I’d have gotten it right away.

I’m very good at find x on a map - whether city, state, country, lake, mountain range, whatever. Ask me to determine a country just from a shape, forget it (with obvious exceptions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information