Votes: 54 75.0%
  • Sotnitkova

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • about equal

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

sylvestercat

Banned Member
I think it is Osmond. Her jumps are just as big but much better quality overall (air, flow, rotational quality, landing quality). Both women have strong spins, both have good but not great footwork, Osmond has prettier spirals while Sotnikova has really ugly ones, and Osmond has much better artistry and speed. Both have consistency issues. I know Sotnitkova has an Olympic Gold but if Kaetlyn had a Games on home ice with as much money as the Russians payed for Sotnikova's gold she would likely win the Olympic Gold too under the same circumstances.

sylvestercat

Banned Member
I also like the way Osmond uses the music better. She is so lyrical and versatile, and can make any kind of music come to life. Sotnikova skates to only classical music.

fracturedleg

Banned Member
Osmond is far more talented and complete. She is superior in every aspect- bigger and better quality jumps, stronger spins, stronger basics, more musical, more polished and elegant. Sotnikova's only possible edge is footwork and the layback spin. Osmond also has a true lutz and not a flutz and doesnt underrotate the harder jumps.

fracturedleg

Banned Member
Sotnikova was also very talented with big jumps, but she had edges troubles that Osmond doesn't have.
Osmond has better basics...

Osmond has bigger jumps, and much higher quality ones overall. Sotnikova just has height, sloppy rotational quality, landings, and overall execution otherwise. It was crazy her jumps had more GOE than Yu Na Kim's far higher quality ones in Sochi. Osmond has classic overall jumps, amazing height and distance, but combined with beautiful air positions, excellent cylinder rotation, ad flowing soft landings with great control.

Jammers

I don't think you can even compare the two skaters to be honest. Adelina was done competing at 16 while Kaetlyn is now 22 and it wasn't until she was about 20 that she even started being a medal threat while Adelina while not a world beater did make the GPF at 16 and won a European silver medal right before the Olympics.

KimGOAT

Banned Member
Osmond was a big medal contender in 2013. Had she skated a clean long program at Worlds she would have won the silver medal. Even with falls and big errors she beat Sotnikova there though. She wasnt a medal contender at the 2014 Games only since she had been injured all year. Still her short program in the Team Event was better than Sotnikova's in the individual. I know it scored 10 points lower but the judging at those Games was corrupt all around and means nothing. Osmond's short in the Team Event which got a 64 deserved a 70-71, while Sotnikova's in the individual which got a 74 deserved roughly a 68. Both did the same combo, triple toe-triple toe, and Osmond had equal or higher quality in almost every jump, element, and performance skills.

judgejudy27

Osmond since she has more achievements. She has an Olympic Gold and Olympic Silver (after later today), World silver while Sotnikova has no World medal, Grand Prix final medal while Sotnikova doesnt have, 2 Skate Canada wins while Sotnikova has not a grand prix.

Meoima

Osmond has bigger jumps, and much higher quality ones overall. Sotnikova just has height, sloppy rotational quality, landings, and overall execution otherwise. It was crazy her jumps had more GOE than Yu Na Kim's far higher quality ones in Sochi. Osmond has classic overall jumps, amazing height and distance, but combined with beautiful air positions, excellent cylinder rotation, ad flowing soft landings with great control.
Osmond has a Flutz. And her air position is scary as ever.

KimGOAT

Banned Member
Osmond does have a flutz indeed but it isn't as bad as Sotnikova`s flutz, and while both have consistency issues on jumps Osmond isn't a chronic underrotater like Sotnikova. Even with the skates of her life in Sochi, Sotnikova had numerous underrotated jumps, they just weren't called because...well it is obvious why they weren't called, LOL!

KimGOAT

Banned Member
Osmond will be an Olympic Champion later tonight. In the Team Event yes but I would give a fully recognized Olympic Gold in the Team Event as much or more value than the most controversial Olympic singles Gold in history. Just as I would give Julia Lipnitskayas Olympic Gold in Sochi as much or probably more value than her teammate. And with an Olympic Gold and Olympic Silver and possibly another Olympic medal later tonight, Osmond easily bests Sotnikova in achievements at the Olympics and everywhere else. I would never trade my Olympic medals if I were Osmond for a mere 1 Olympic medal that caused so such a fury of rage and controversy I was scared to ever compete outside my own country ever again.

And dont be so sure on Medvedeva. Zagitova might well be the Olympic winner, and she doesnt flutz in the least.

judgejudy27

Queen Kaetlyn will be an Olympic Champion later tonight barring a major surprise, so she will most certainly be an Olympic Champion someday. Who knows, by the end of the week she might be a 2 time Olympic Champion or if not a 3 time Olympic medalist + Olympic Champion.

MAXSwagg

Queen Kaetlyn will be an Olympic Champion later tonight barring a major surprise, so she will most certainly be an Olympic Champion someday. Who knows, by the end of the week she might be a 2 time Olympic Champion or if not a 3 time Olympic medalist + Olympic Champion.

Osmond is not winning. She's not even getting silver. Gold and Silver will be Zagitova and Medvedeva 99.9%.

judgejudy27

I never said otherwise, and that is irrelevant. As predicted she is now an Olympic Gold + Olympic silver medalist, regardless if she wins another medal in her other event this week or not.

ToFarAwayTimes

Still her short program in the Team Event was better than Sotnikova's in the individual.

No, no, no lol. I'm one of the most vocal critics against the judging, especially at Sochi 2014, but Adelina's SP was terrific. Even if she was overscored, which she was, she was still in a different league that year compared to Kaetlyn.

I haven't seen Osmond skate this year so I'm looking forward to next week and see how much she's improved. :D

Last edited:

Dr.Siouxs

I'm one of the most vocal critics against the judging, especially at Sochi 2014, but Adelina's SP was terrific. Even if she was overscored, which she was, she was still in a different league that year compared to Kaetlyn...

I would take Osmond's Big Spender over jangly Carmen any day :p Seriously though, that SP gives me a headache every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information