Which two Japanese ladies will get the top two spots at their nationals?

Which two Japanese ladies will win top two spots at their nationals?

• Satoko Miyahara

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • Wakaba Higuchi

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Mai Mihara

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Marin Honda

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Rika Hongo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaori Sakamoto

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sadly, Japan has just two spots in the ladies event in 2018 Olympics and worlds. That makes the competition even tougher to predict. Getting gold/silver at the nationals may not guarantee a spot on the Olympic team but it could mean a very high probability.

So who do you think will place 1st & 2nd (in any order) at the Japanese nationals?

clairecloutier

I don't know who will win, but I think my personal choice for the team would be Wakaba + Kaori or Wakaba + Yuna (the latter, I know, will not happen). I like almost all the Japanese ladies, really, but those are my favorites right now.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Well Ive changed my mind over the season a few times. In Sept/Oct I was saying Mai Mihara and Higuchi.

Then I was thinking Higuchi and Marin

Then I was thinking Higuchi and Kaori

Then I was thinking Higuchi and Satoko

After the GPF Im thinking of taking a risk and locking in Satoko and Kaori.

In Kaori's last event she showed nerves of steel. In Higuchi's last event she showed nerves.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Well Ive changed my mind over the season a few times. In Sept/Oct I was saying Mai Mihara and Higuchi.

Then I was thinking Higuchi and Marin

Then I was thinking Higuchi and Kaori

Then I was thinking Higuchi and Satoko

After the GPF Im thinking of taking a risk and locking in Satoko and Kaori.

In Kaori's last event she showed nerves of steel. In Higuchi's last event she showed nerves.

Nice to have a competition in your own mind. :LOL.

petro

Wow this is so hard since I feel like they all deserve to go! However, as lovely as Marin Honda is I don't think she has shown the consistency so far this season, and Mai Mihara hasn't been quite up to the level of the other three either even though she's performed very well. So it comes down to Miyahara, Higuchi and Sakamoto for me... Personally on their best days I think it should be Miyahara and Higuchi but after GPF Higuchi looks slightly vulnerable and Sakamoto seems like just the kind of skater who can get in the zone and take any opportunity given to her. She will definitely be a force to be reckoned with next quad provided she stays healthy, but at this point I'd still give the edge to Higuchi. And the world needs to see those gorgeous programs at the Olympics!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information