Which National Park should you visit next? Take this quiz.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This is a cool quiz.

https://www.npca.org/articles/1608-...ampaign=blog#sm.000rr3d2c1b0ffcy11sj5idrecxxk

Last month I was thinking of (debating in my mind) visiting a National Park this summer or fall- the finalists were Mt. Rushmore and The Great Smoky Mountains. I am also planning to visit the White Sands National Monument in October. I had practically decided on Mt. Rushmore, but their tours end after Sept. 15th, it seems.

Anyway, I took this quiz and the answer was-

The Great Smoky Mountains!

attyfan

I got the same answer, but I am still firming up plans for next year for a combined trip to Glacier and Yellowstone.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I got the same answer, but I am still firming up plans for next year for a combined trip to Glacier and Yellowstone.

Those are beautiful. I assume you will visit the Grand Teton NP too, since it has a common boundary with Yellowstone? I have been to both, about a dozen times each. Glacier only twice. You may want to cross the border to the north and see the Watertown NP too.

attyfan

If I can, I will. We may not get into Grand Tetons this year, as we will be going in and out of the Montana side of Yellowstone, not the Wyoming side.

annie720

If I can, I will. We may not get into Grand Tetons this year, as we will be going in and out of the Montana side of Yellowstone, not the Wyoming side.

Oh, try to do both! We did two weeks in the Tetons and Yellowstone in early June and it was so fantastic! I want to go again! We may have enjoyed the Tetons more. ;)

The site gave me Chaco Canyon National Historical Park in New Mexico. I was there many moons ago. :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

That would make it harder to go to the Teton side, I agree. Depends on how much time you have, but if you do the loop (can't remember which one of the two loops) in Yellowstone, you can get on the Rockefeller highway and get straight into the Grand Teton park. It's a relatively small park and you don't have to go all the way to Jackson hole. You can get a great view from even Colter Bay, if my memory serves me right. After a couple of beautiful points you can go back to your hotel in Yellowstone.

What I loved about the Tetons was the color changes with time and season. In the fall it's one of the most beautiful places I have seen.

paskatefan

Canyon de Chelley National Monument, Arizona. We've been to AZ a number of times (have quite a few relatives in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tucson, & Flagstaff), but we've never been to Canyon de Chelley. We should visit it next time we get out there.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I got Lassen Volcanic National Park, California, whatever that is.

I said I wanted to see bears. I can tell you if you want to see bears you should go to Shenandoah National Park.

It's a pretty well known park. Not at the level of Yosemite, but it is on my 'to see' list.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Canyon de Chelley National Monument, Arizona. We've been to AZ a number of times (have quite a few relatives in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tucson, & Flagstaff), but we've never been to Canyon de Chelley. We should visit it next time we get out there.

It's really pretty. I went there many years ago and stayed at the holiday Inn. The park has tours on 12-wheelers that can take you to inaccessible places. I did a painting of it after I returned.

alexikeguchi

Interesting, I ended up with Haleakala as #1 and lots of other parks in Hawaii as backups, yet that is not at all what I would have picked on my own.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Interesting, I ended up with Haleakala as #1 and lots of other parks in Hawaii as backups, yet that is not at all what I would have picked on my own.

You must love beaches and mountains.

I saw Haleakala at sunset. Good but not great. I enjoyed the bus ride there more than the park itself. However, some people go biking there. They probably enjoy it more. Also I heard the sunrise is spectacular from there. I didn't want to get up at 2 am, so I skipped that, I enjoyed some other places in Maui more. Whale watching was great, but not a part of NPS.

Japanfan

I've been there. It's spectacular. We took the tour in the 12-wheeler and then stayed in a traditional log indigenous dwelling. IIRC, a hogwan.

It's Navajo country and the Navajo there are very enterprising, and sell a lot of art, jewlery and and pottery. Really beautiful stuff. I packed up quite a few pots to take home with me.

alexikeguchi

You must love beaches and mountains.

I saw Haleakala at sunset. Good but not great. I enjoyed the bus ride there more than the park itself. However, some people go biking there. They probably enjoy it more. Also I heard the sunrise is spectacular from there. I didn't want to get up at 2 am, so I skipped that, I enjoyed some other places in Maui more. Whale watching was great, but not a part of NPS.
I was lukewarm on Maui overall but really enjoyed Kauai and the Hilo side of the Big Island. I did pick mountains though not beaches, so I expected to match with parks in the Pacific NW. Maybe I got Hawaii because I picked the no bears option...

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I took the test again, with Mt. Rushmore in my mind. Oddly the answer was National Mall, Washington DC. I clearly remember choosing Mountains' , so this seems like a completely wrong answer.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
I requested off the beaten path but with conveniences & wanted to see bears too. I got Lassen Volcanic National Park, California. Although I am a regular national parks visitor & look for one in the vicinity every vacation, I will probably never get around to see that one.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
New Orleans Jazz National Historic Park! Who knew such a place existed?:lol:

Except I would have to go to New Orleans (sorry, Louisianians). Been there, done that, like it hot, but not that hot:scream:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Last edited:

Susan1

I got Lassen Volcanic National Park, California, whatever that is.

I said I wanted to see bears. I can tell you if you want to see bears you should go to Shenandoah National Park.

I have a picture of a bear and cubs up in trees in the Smoky Mountains. I was far enough away that the bottom half of the picture is everybody else taking pictures of a bear and cubs up in the trees. hee hee

And the other time I was down there for a skating competition, my friend's son took pictures of bears in the trash cans from their motel room window. We were on the other side of the motel.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I took the quiz again and just like last year, I got the Great Smokey Mountains. I dont expect to visit it this year but it is definitely on my list for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information