When You Were A Child

Cachoo

What did you want to be when you grew up? A friend wanted to be a tiger. I read Nancy Drew books and watched Scooby-Doo and decided I should solve mysteries as an adult.

What did the little version of you want to do (or be?)

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
I can remember wanting to be a teacher.

Count me as another who consumed the Nancy Drew books. I think I was in third or fourth grade when I read them. I never liked the Hardy Boys books though.

attyfan

I also read Nancy Drews.

I wanted to be President of the U.S. My dad told me what subjects to emphasize so I could get into law school; my sister made me promise not to run in a year ending in 0 (this was 1964, about six months after JFK had been killed ... when it was well publicized that every president elected in a year ending in 0 from 1840 on had died in office); and my mom told me people wouldn't vote for me because we're Jewish. In 1964, it never occurred to anyone in my family that a woman would have problems getting elected!

kalamalka

I read Nancy Drew too (and almost everything else I could find in print), but I wanted to grow up to write mysteries, not solve them. Tried to write one in Grade 5 and got most of a notebook full.

skateboy

The little version of me wanted to be an architect and design beautiful buildings and structures. I had this idea of helping to beautify cities and towns with my creations.

But it wasn't to be... my talent was in music and that became my profession (along with 15 years of competing as a roller skater, which was a huge passion!).

ballettmaus

I briefly wanted to be a writer (for a year or so) and then I wanted to be an animator for Disney (as in one of the people who draw the characters) for the longest time. I think until I was 16 or 17.

merrywidow

I wanted to be an Army nurse, just like Cherry Ames was in one of her books. In my teens I wanted to join the Roller Derby!

shan

I wanted to be a nurse because my mom was one, but that changed because blood/fluids gross me out! I also wanted to be an astronaut, but was not great at math. I always enjoyed working with kids, so I became a teacher! I still love it 20 some odd years later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information