What song are you listening to?

Susan1

Band of Gold - Freida Payne (sp?) - #3 - American Top 40 - 1970

#2 Mama Told Me Not To Come - Three Dog Night.

I haven't heard Spill the Wine or Chick-a-Boom in the survey yet. I wonder if one of those was #1 - or later in the summer. We'll see.............

Close to You, the Carpenters!

Susan1

Yellow Submarine

but..........the #9 song this week in 1971 (good summer!) was this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEyFxPD8KBc
Over 6 minutes, but if you are younger than me, please stick it out.

I had to stop reading this morning to listen. I remember when my aunt bought this 45 and we all sat around the record player to listen to it over and over. (Geez, that sounds like the people who used to sit around the radio before t.v. hee hee)

Anyway, I was just a kid then and it made me cry. Still does, only worse.

quartz

scratching at the light
Happened upon a jazz (with a bit of trance and prog thrown in there) band, playing outside the Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal - they are called Shpik, and we downloaded them on Spotify to listen to while on our road trip.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Listening to some singles by Lindsey Buckingham. What I love is that throughout the years Fleetwood Mac members like Stevie, Christine and Lindsey have had much success as individuals singing solo with some of their own music.

Holiday Road which was National Lampoon's Vacation theme.

Trouble

In My World - Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie

Go Insane

PeterG

Listening to some singles by Lindsey Buckingham. What I love is that throughout the years Fleetwood Mac members like Stevie, Christine and Lindsey have had much success as individuals singing solo with some of their own music.

Holiday Road which was National Lampoon's Vacation theme.

Trouble

In My World - Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie

Go Insane

Did you see the special edition of Rolling Stone on the newsstands? It's all the articles and interviews with the band since way, way back. I was about to buy it and then figure I could probably get it at half price online. But I guess amazon doesn't sell magazines, just books. (Well, maybe amazon sells a few other things too, but not magazines.) :lol: Think I might check the library to see if they have it before buying a copy.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Did you see the special edition of Rolling Stone on the newsstands? It's all the articles and interviews with the band since way, way back. I was about to buy it and then figure I could probably get it at half price online. But I guess amazon doesn't sell magazines, just books. (Well, maybe amazon sells a few other things too, but not magazines.) :lol: Think I might check the library to see if they have it before buying a copy.
No, I didn't, but thank you for letting me know! Years ago like around the 90's, I had a subscription to Rolling Stone that I purchased through Publishers Clearing House, and no, Ed McMahon never showed up at my door during the Super Bowl games! LOL!

I'll have to look for the magazine at the grocery store I go to. They usually have it in the magazine rack right by the check outs. :)

quartz

scratching at the light
Had a stressful and busy week at both jobs. Enjoying my Friday nite with wine, a backyard fire, Canadian football and now listening to Supertramp - Crime of the Century (full album); Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe - Fist of Fire and Birthright; Bush - Machinehead (someone needs to skate to this); Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow, Anthem of the Angels, Lights Out; Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere Not Here; Tool - Sober (someone needs to skate to this); David Garrett - Asturias (ridiculously crazy violin work); Triumph - Somebody's Out There; Vanessa Mae - Roxanne's Veil (someone needs to skate to this), Emerald Tiger; Younger Brother - Train (someone needs to skate to this); Zon - Astral Projector (bet I am the only person on FSU that knows this band, so awesome :kickass:) ; Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax - omg I can DANCE TO THIS!!; Genesis - Land of Confusion - also so fun to dance to! (Someone needs to skate to this); and of course finishing my night with Kansas - Hopelessly Human, and my favourite song for life - Miracles Out of Nowhere. :inavoid:

Last edited:

Susan1

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

Earlier on American Top 40, the 70's - this week in 1979, #27 was Highway Song. I stopped reading the paper and ran and cranked up the stereo!! That song is on my top 20 list of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information