What song are you listening to?

Susan1

You Can't Do That - Beatles

(turned off American Top 40 - the 70's early because they were doing this week in 1978 - Disco - yuck)

Susan1

It's Only Love - Beatles.

I had to listen to all of American Top 40 - the 70's this morning. 1972 We were moving into this house (that I inherited) that summer.

#3 - If Loving You is Wrong (I Don't Wanna Be Right) - Luther Ingram (gives me chills just typing it)
#2 - Brandy - Looking Glass
#1 - Alone Again Naturally - Gilbert O'Sullivan (I can so clearly remember that that song was the #1 song of the year, and listening to the top 100 songs on New Year's Eve.)

quartz

scratching at the light
Watching too much Olympics, but I did just receive 3 old school prog albums from Amazon that I haven't listened to in forever. Trespass, and Wind and Wuthering by Genesis, and In the Court of the Crimson King, by King Crimson, will be in my car stereo shortly.

Susan1

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - Elton John. (have the album that song was on - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)

(Thought I'd mix it up a little - American Top 40 The 70's - 1973)

#1 song this week - Louie Louis by The Stories. I had that 45 (well, still do - nothing to play it on though).

Changed to Breakfast with the Beatles - Every Little Thing.

Sidebar - I was listening to Blackbird while I was reading this story - http://www.freep.com/story/news/col...6/09/03/terry-matlen-paul-mccartney/89764094/
:)

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Haven't visited this thread for a while. Just a few of the latest songs I have been listening to (with some Australian music of course :))

First is a band called Big Scary - The Opposite of Us. One of the best songs going around at the moment.
Next Vera Blue - Hold - I saw her live the other night. She has the most amazing voice - literally gives me chills.
Gretta Ray just won Triple J's Unearthed competition. She supported Vera Blue the other night. Only 18 years old but sounds much older than her years. Her song is Drive.
This one is Just a Gent featuring LANKS (LANKS supported Vera Blue as well) but this is a Like a Version of a song that LANKS wrote Heavy as a Heartbreak. Interesting thing about this performance is they had hardly rehearsed before they went into the studio to perform it. Amazing.
Something a bit more obscure - DD Dumbo - Satan

And not Australian but I love this one - Glass Animals - Life Itself

Cachoo

Mary J. Blige just made an old Bruce Springsteen song relevant again. It is called "American Skin" and it was written after the shooting of Amadou Diallo in NYC in 1999. As the song says there were 41 shots when the man was reaching for his wallet. Blige sang it to Hillary Clinton in an interview in the last few days. I like that Bruce looks at it from both sides in this song. It is a shame that the song is still relevant.

https://youtu.be/3w6d7Skpxe8

Cachoo

From Mom's room : "Sugar Pie Honeybunch: You know that I love you....." I can't remember the name of the song.

Susan1

From Mom's room : "Sugar Pie Honeybunch: You know that I love you....." I can't remember the name of the song.

That's it! Technically, it is "I Can't Help Myself" (the next words after that), but it's one of those songs that has other words in parentheses (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) on the record label (what's a record label, you ask?????) because that's what everybody called it because that's the most catchy part. The Four Tops.

And I feel way old considering I know this and so would your mom!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information