WEAVER AND POJE: The Future is Golden

PashaFan

I think they will win the Worlds this year. It's going to be their best chance. P/C & I/Z are getting better & better, so it may be harder for them going into future seasons.
I think their SD is the best this season but I'm still not enjoying their FD as much as I thought I would. I think choreographically they are capable of better.
But over the two rounds I think we are looking at the 2015 World Ice Dance Champions.
I thought this season would lead to the most open World Championships for many years but after watching the 4CC's it's pretty clear the judges love W/P.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I think both Andrew's FD costumes (brown at SC, and then later competitions the same in grey) are awful, and distracting. I agree with the BritEuroSport commentators that the short sleeves, and the jeans-with-belt look is all wrong. Whatever colour he chooses I'd like to see him in something uncluttered and form-fitting like Cizeron wears in their FD. It's simple and not in any way distracting.

girlscouse62

I agree. I find both outfits somewhat pedestrian given the tenor of the music. But really want them to win WCh this year.:BNS1:

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
I think they will win the Worlds this year. It's going to be their best chance. P/C & I/Z are getting better & better, so it may be harder for them going into future seasons.
I think their SD is the best this season but I'm still not enjoying their FD as much as I thought I would. I think choreographically they are capable of better.
But over the two rounds I think we are looking at the 2015 World Ice Dance Champions.
I thought this season would lead to the most open World Championships for many years but after watching the 4CC's it's pretty clear the judges love W/P.

The judges have not made it a walk in the park for W&D at all. That they were 3rd in the SD at 4CC's, and had lower scores than Chock & Bates through the grand prix make that clear. They have worked hard for all they have gotten.

I agree even if they win this year, the coming years wont be easy. However I see them remaining strong contenders for gold this quad, unless P&C take off and totally dominate after this season. I&Z are nowhere close to being a threat for the very top yet, we will see how quickly they improve.

beebee

Actually, the protocols make it clear that the judges preferred W/P to the other teams at 4CC. They were ranked first in GOES and PCS--this is in the purview of the judges. It was the levels awarded in the SD that landed them in third and that is strictly based on the Tecmical Panel's assessment.

arakwafan2006

Barring a fall or silly mistake, they will win this year.

I like Shae Lynn Bourne , I like a lot of her choreography , but this free dance might have needed Pasquale's collaborative assistance like in the past. The costumes in the free for both of them are so bad compared to the rest of their costumes . It's a shame that in their biggest year they are not visually their best. I can say that the music edits are my favorite version of the seasons ever.

Last edited:

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I agree that Andrew's costumes for the FP are uninspired. As if they spent so much on the SP outfit that they skimped on the other. I looked again at the SC video and didn't like what I saw. The costume has sleeves, but they are billowy and distracting. The blue outfit he has used since then is far too casual. Maybe they will surprise us at Worlds with something new and gorgeous. They should definitely look their best when they take their last selfie of this golden year.

angelflies

Banned Member

I think this year is still the most open in a long time, so if that is what you hope for you should be excited, unless you are disappointed one of your favorites isn't the more likely winner. Weaver & Poje will probably win, and I think they will, but it is no sure thing. They will have to work for it and skate very well, as 2 or 3 teams atleast are still real threats to them. They had to work hard to win 4CC's, and their GPF win was only easy since the other teams were so bad there. There are atleast 3 teams who could win, and 6 or 7 who could medal. Havent had that in a long time.

Last 2 years were the bore. Davis & White were pretty much certain to win each time, much more than W&P are likely to win this year. Their so called rivalry with V&M had become a hoax, D&W had about a 2 fall cushion in the judges eyes by then, despite many observers still believing V&M were the better team.

PashaFan

I think this year is still the most open in a long time, so if that is what you hope for you should be excited, unless you are disappointed one of your favorites isn't the more likely winner. Weaver & Poje will probably win, and I think they will, but it is no sure thing. They will have to work for it and skate very well, as 2 or 3 teams atleast are still real threats to them. They had to work hard to win 4CC's, and their GPF win was only easy since the other teams were so bad there. There are atleast 3 teams who could win, and 6 or 7 who could medal. Havent had that in a long time.

Last 2 years were the bore. Davis & White were pretty much certain to win each time, much more than W&P are likely to win this year. Their so called rivalry with V&M had become a hoax, D&W had about a 2 fall cushion in the judges eyes by then, despite many observers still believing V&M were the better team.
This is my main hope for Ice Dance in the future-that no one or two teams like V/M or D/W are certain for the top two spots even if they make errors.
Overall I think V/M & D/W were the two best of the past 5 years but there were times when they did not skate well or others skated better yet they remained in the top two.

PashaFan

The judges have not made it a walk in the park for W&D at all. That they were 3rd in the SD at 4CC's, and had lower scores than Chock & Bates through the grand prix make that clear. They have worked hard for all they have gotten.

I agree even if they win this year, the coming years wont be easy. However I see them remaining strong contenders for gold this quad, unless P&C take off and totally dominate after this season. I&Z are nowhere close to being a threat for the very top yet, we will see how quickly they improve.
Most couples work hard for what they get.
If W/P are the best at the Worlds then they deserve their Gold not because they are next in line.

puglover

It's Worlds - I get it - but they have had a fantastic season and I hope they can take heart in that. Soon they will be performing flat out in CSOI with good friends. They always seem to be in such a great place as far as their relationship with each other, their coaches, their training mates, and even their former coach. By the way - I loved Andrew's new free dance outfit.

AragornElessar

I'm absolutely "gutted" for them. I hope they come back next year with something fantastic

I still don't understand what happened last night. Just...Yeah.

I have though learned I never want Kaitlyn Weaver mad at me. That look on her face at one point last night...Yikes and I can't say I blame her either.

manhn

I am soooo sad over it too. I hope they keep at it. Hopefully, they will feel freer next season.

PashaFan

I think they should have been the silver medalist.
I think they should have got Silver too.
They were such judges favourites through this season that I still can't work out how they were dumped to third.
P/C came up with a truly original free skate that had been building high marks through the season so I'm happy to see them get Gold but C/B having a big error on the twizzles & getting a seasons best is beyond me. I just don't get it.

liv

Agree. They should have gotten the silver for sure.

I can see how the French won, but being beaten by the Americans who had a major error in their skate, is hard to explain without using the word dumped.

They had a great year and capped it great with another medal at worlds. It will likely be their last. I don't see another medal for them with all the younger up and comers, and Virtue & Moir back next season. Gilles & Poirier will likely overtake them as Canadian #2 in the next year or two.

bbkenn

They had a great year and capped it great with another medal at worlds. It will likely be their last. I don't see another medal for them with all the younger up and comers, and Virtue & Moir back next season. Gilles & Poirier will likely overtake them as Canadian #2 in the next year or two.

Where did you hear this, hoping it's true!!

Cachoo

I've enjoyed them all season long until worlds. I don't know what went wrong but it looked so forced to me. I'm going to go back and watch again later to see if I feel the same way. I'm glad they are on the podium and it has to be hard to see P/C seemingly come out of nowhere but I would still call the season a fine success.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think they should have been the silver medalist.

I agree. I think they skated well enough for a silver. C&B skated well, but they had a mistake, and they always look mismatched to me. W&P delivered a very good FD. They are lovely to watch.

lala

I agree. I think they skated well enough for a silver. C&B skated well, but they had a mistake, and they always look mismatched to me. W&P delivered a very good FD. They are lovely to watch.
Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information