War in Israel

Judy

Google Netaniyahu's official twitter account. See the pictures. Am sure that psychopath published them for the psychopaths like you. I will be more than happy if the admins do NOT allow you to discuss in details what you see or dont' see in these pictures. I hope you can't sleep at night.
I’m a pyschopath??? Ummm sure. I have no intention of looking at any pictures of murdered children or people Or describing them to anyone.

Judy

Speaking for myself, it’s clear that some people online are trying to undermine the many accounts of murdered babies because it was first reported by a very nationalist reporter in I-24, the (extremely crappy) English language channel here. This is disinformation. The evidence unfortunately is on Netanyahu’s own account.

Speaking now as an admin, please try to be sensitive in discussing these terrible topics and be careful about language and sourcing what you’re posting. Thank you.
I’m not undermining anything. I would like very much that their lives weren’t taken in that way. I do not follow Netanyahu. It’s the reliability of usually reliable news sources that I normally trust that I’m questioning. That doesn’t mean that information/facts don’t change because they do. I do not want to see any graphic pictures at all.

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I’m not undermining anything. I would like very much that their lives weren’t taken in that way. I do not follow Netanyahu. It’s the reliability of usually reliable news sources that I normally trust that I’m questioning. That doesn’t mean that information/facts don’t change because they do. I do not want to see any graphic pictures at all.
@Judy, it would seem better to leave it to the people who are actually living under these conditions to provide any "detail" they feel comfortable sharing.

We all know that there is misinformation and deliberate disinformation that, in these fast moving times, can be shared as FACT, only to be disavowed later. News sources can be fooled/tricked as easily as "regular" humans when things are happening so quickly and horrifically.

Those of us who are not there can try to be supportive and certainly should not do anything to make things worse in any way.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I hope that this positive news about US flights evacuating US Israelis out - is correct:

The Jewish Hungarian-Israeli friends of my late first husband were recently (two days ago) evacuated via the Hungarian Airlines.

Last edited:

debo

You’re being insensitive.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Drove from Tel Aviv to Haifa. SO much police, several check posts. Just like during the corona

Lacey

@PRlady, if it turns out that you do want to fly out, after all, it seems some ways are opening up, albeit probably very long winded ones to get all the way to DC. Life is complicated, but especially in this case, we are all thinking of you and your various families! Keep us posted.

Other FSUers in Israel or thereabouts: we are thinking of all of you.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just watched this, twice. It looks almost like a scene from a movie, but this is really happening right now.

It must be horrible in Gaza. I sympathize with those people. They are so helpless. Hamas doesn't care what happens to them. I am sure Israel will follow the rules of war, but I don't understand how Hamas can be defeated through the siege of Gaza, since Gamas doesn't really care if people die or suffer.

I don't know anything about wars, strategies, etc. So I am a bit confused.

From the video it seems the people in Gaza want to leave (to go where they will be safe) but where can they go unless the neighboring countries offer them shelter/asylum? Very tough and tragic.

I still hold Hamas responsible for what is happening to those people. It will be wrong to blame Israel for defending themselves. I hope some kind of humanitarian solution can be found.

caseyedwards

Egypt is like “we don’t want those Palestinians here” and then it’s almost like Israel is trying to squeeze Gaza so much they just crush into Egypt

Allskate

Israel is telling Palestinians in Gaza City that, because Hamas is using Gaza City to wage war against Israel, Palestinians in Gaza City must relocate south within Gaza for their own safety and to distance themselves from Hamas terrorists who are using them as human shields. Hamas is telling the Palestinians to stay in Gaza City, effectively encouraging them to be human shields and die. UNRWA has relocated its central operations centre and international staff to the south in Gaza.

Last edited:

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
What a lovely morning.

IDF ordered to vacate half of Gaza within 24h. Good luck with that. I suppose the ground invasion is set to Sunday. I don't understand what we are doing, and neither how we're planning to cope with 2 million people, even if it's decided they are all responsible for murder. That said, I am glad I don't have to make decisions.

Due to complete inability of the government to function, the citizens are taking the jobs of the ministers into their hands and do all themselves. And so the private citizen who happens to be the ex-prime minister Naftali Bennet is now being interviewed by anyone who can listen, and in his best traditions, talks absolute rubbish. Don't we have someone more eloquent who can represent Israeli position in the world without basing it on problematic historical parallels and quotes from the Bible?

My personal position, no matter how horrible whatever happened is, some lines should not be crossed, and that applies also to the images published and general discourse. It's inevitable each time the level will be raised, and the very least it will get us unsensitized to the horrors, which is not a good thing. And the very least, a permission should be taken from relatives of the dead, if their loved ones are used in such way. I'd like to leave this topic at that.

And finally some good news: the Minister of Propaganda, or whatever this stupid made up office is called, quit, siting "wastage of money on an office without any purpose". Good morning, honey bunny, as if until now you were of vital importance and your very presence in the government wasn't solely based on your ability to kiss ass.

For the context, we have 32 ministers in the Parliament of 120 members and the coalition of 64. Half the coalition are ministers. And these include some fantastic ones such as: Ministers within Welfare and Education Offices (not ministers of these offices, but within, in addition to the actual one), two Ministers within PM Office, Minister of Heritage, Minister of Jerusalem and Tradition, Minister of National Missions, Minister of Development of Negev and Galilea, Minister of Diaspora Affairs and Social Equality, Minister of Strategic Affairs and Minister of Intelligence, Minister of Innovation, Minister of Economy (not to be confused with Minister of Finance) and so on. I guess the wonderfulness of a government is in direct proportion to the number of people who get ministerial salary and a driver.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
What a lovely morning.

IDF ordered to vacate half of Gaza within 24h. Good luck with that. I suppose the ground invasion is set to Sunday. I don't understand what we are doing, and neither how we're planning to cope with 2 million people, even if it's decided they are all responsible for murder. That said, I am glad I don't have to make decisions.

Due to complete inability of the government to function, the citizens are taking the jobs of the ministers into their hands and do all themselves. And so the private citizen who happens to be the ex-prime minister Naftali Bennet is now being interviewed by anyone who can listen, and in his best traditions, talks absolute rubbish. Don't we have someone more eloquent who can represent Israeli position in the world without basing it on problematic historical parallels and quotes from the Bible?

My personal position, no matter how horrible whatever happened is, some lines should not be crossed, and that applies also to the images published and general discourse. It's inevitable each time the level will be raised, and the very least it will get us unsensitized to the horrors, which is not a good thing. And the very least, a permission should be taken from relatives of the dead, if their loved ones are used in such way. I'd like to leave this topic at that.

And finally some good news: the Minister of Propaganda, or whatever this stupid made up office is called, quit, siting "wastage of money on an office without any purpose". Good morning, honey bunny, as if until now you were of vital importance and your very presence in the government wasn't solely based on your ability to kiss ass.

For the context, we have 32 ministers in the Parliament of 120 members and the coalition of 64. Half the coalition are ministers. And these include some fantastic ones such as: Ministers within Welfare and Education Offices (not ministers of these offices, but within, in addition to the actual one), two Ministers within PM Office, Minister of Heritage, Minister of Jerusalem and Tradition, Minister of National Missions, Minister of Development of Negev and Galilea, Minister of Diaspora Affairs and Social Equality, Minister of Strategic Affairs and Minister of Intelligence, Minister of Innovation, Minister of Economy (not to be confused with Minister of Finance) and so on. I guess the wonderfulness of a government is in direct proportion to the number of people who get ministerial salary and a driver.
This country definitely needs a limitation on number of ministers!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I sympathize with Isreal and the strong feelings/actions to destroy Hamas. The telling the residents to evacuate by Saturday.

Where will the residents go? If I read correctly, Egypt is refusing to allow refugees?

I realize it is hard to determine the non Hamas residents from the evil that is Hamas.

I dont know the answer, I don't live in the area. I dont have the history of a people/race being victims or decedents of the Holocaust.

Besides feeling helpless, I'm left to praying. But praying for peace in the Middle East since I was a kid (dad watched the news of the Suez Canal war), hasn't helped.

I dont have the history or live in the area. I dont know answers.

Hedwig

Antique member
To tell people in Gaza to bring themselves to a safe place is laughable in itself. There are people in there who have never been allowed in their lifetime, to leave this small Gaza stripe. And it is tiny. Where are they supposed to hide? Especially if Hamas is actively using them for their means?

I feel for all of you so much - I try not to read to much and certainly would never watch any videos or too graphic descriptions of death and torture - what is wrong with people who lap this up??? Don't you realize that you are supporting Hamas with this? Grrrr. (not directed at people here but how much these videos and pictures are being watched and shared around the world like it is a nice horror video Netflix night)

MsZem

I see the sea
To tell people in Gaza to bring themselves to a safe place is laughable in itself. There are people in there who have never been allowed in their lifetime, to leave this small Gaza stripe. And it is tiny. Where are they supposed to hide? Especially if Hamas is actively using them for their means?
The southern part of the strip. It's not ideal, but should be safer.

Allskate

To tell people in Gaza to bring themselves to a safe place is laughable in itself. There are people in there who have never been allowed in their lifetime, to leave this small Gaza strip
To be clear, they are not being told to leave Gaza as a whole. They are being told to leave Gaza City and other parts of the northern strip because Hamas is waging its military attacks from there. They are being told to go to the southern half of the Gaza strip for their own safety. Having said that, this is no easy task either. The Israel military undoubtedly wants to destroy Hamas's military capability. They also probably are trying to come up with a plan to rescue the hostages. But, really, I doubt there's much of a plan for any of this. There is chaos. :( And suffering. :(:(

24 hours wouldn't work for all of the displaced people even if Hamas were not telling the Palestinians to stay in Gaza City. And they need to get humanitarian supplies to civilians via relief organizations immediately and safely. I doubt that's very easy.

I'm glad I don't have to make the decisions, either. Senator Booker was in Israel when the Hamas attack started. He just arrived back in the U.S. today and gave his first interview. He is planning to go back to the region within the next week. He didn't give much detail, but he said he'd been putting a lot of effort into a humanitarian corridor. I don't know if the lack of detail is because they haven't been able to accomplish much or because the details need to be kept secret for now to get it done and done securely. There is no obvious and easy solution.

Hedwig

Antique member
I doubt that the rest of Gaza is safe either :-( And there is just no place for them to go. I read about people in hospitals who refuse to leave their patients alone and called their colleagues out of Gaza to say good-bye to them. This hurts so much.

MsZem

I see the sea
I doubt that the rest of Gaza is safe either :-( And there is just no place for them to go. I read about people in hospitals who refuse to leave their patients alone and called their colleagues out of Gaza to say good-bye to them. This hurts so much.
It is, somewhat.

This is a tragedy and it could have been prevented had Hamas not been genocidal assholes. They can still put a stop to the whole thing, or at least bring people into the safety of their tunnels and move their command center away from Shifa Hospital. They won't.

Cachoo

Without their human shields would Hamas stay and fight or simply blend into the population and leave?

Judy

This is once again coming from someone who is married to an Israeli and still has all of his family in Israel. Yes, there was a gaffe that Biden made by saying he saw photos. A Biden gaffe-- well it's not that shocking even as someone who gladly voted for him.

But there is SO MUCH evidence all over social media and in almost every news article, that trying to pinpoint an 'ah ha!' or conspiracy theory moment is ridiculous and stupid. Hamas is doing enough on their own, showing exactly what they are doing at that. You think they are asking the young girls they are dragging through the streets if they are an adult before they kill them? You think when they go in and kidnap families, that they are stopping and thinking twice about it when they see children or babies? You think when they are shooting randomly that they care who they hit?

I cannot fathom going on social media and cheering for a bunch of terrorists who equally hate the United States as much as they hate Israelis, but that's venturing into politics so I won't dwell into it more.
Thankfully I’ve been protected against seeing thsee horrible images/videos somehow. I cannot support a horrific terrorist group and I see good people in Israel and (potentially) good people on Gaza Strip.

It’s going to be a very polarizing issue though with countries. I’m kinda seeing it in mine. I have a friend calling people “settlers” in Israel. Well we’re all settlers right? Vs human beings. 😔. I have to think of a response to him sadly 😔😢

I’m also nervous for backlash against Jewish/muslims etc. so sad 😢 All it takes is a few nutcases.

Not sure “protected” is the right word. I refuse to look.

My friend deleted the comment thankfully.

Last edited:

TOADS

Toad whisperer.....
The fact that they are warning the residents to leave suggests to me that the Israelis are going to use some pretty serious stuff if they move into Gaza.

They may have so-called “bunker busters” that can penetrate deep to destroy underground tunnels and Hamas headquarters.

I don’t think the US will let them use the so called MOAB which the US used In Afghanistan to destroy the terrorist caves complexes.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The fact that they are warning the residents to leave suggests to me that the Israelis are going to use some pretty serious stuff if they move into Gaza.

They may have so-called “bunker busters” that can penetrate deep to destroy underground tunnels and Hamas headquarters.

I don’t think the US will let them use the so called MOAB which the US used In Afghanistan to destroy the terrorist caves complexes.

This also shows that Israel is different from Hamas, who killed unsuspecting civilians at a music festival. Israel is giving the Gaza civilians a warning, so they have a chance to protect themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information