War in Israel

Debbie S

For those in Wash, DC, there will be a pro-Israel rally tomorrow/Friday at 12:15 pm, Freedom Plaza, 14th and Penn.

I've seen online that Hamas is calling for people to attack Jews tomorrow. I'm not worried about going to my eye doc appt and working at home the rest of the day, but I fear what could happen in NYC, L.A., London (the real one), others. I hope local police take this seriously and protect Jewish institutions.

Debbie S

Can they escape somewhere? I’ve never been to Israel so .. 😢
I read that the U.S. is trying to arrange evacuation of civilians to Egypt, but it's difficult logistically. I did see on social media that Egypt refused but I haven't seen that in news media yet.

Sylvia

TBD

The Egyptian Foreign Ministry urges Israel to stop attacking the Palestinian side of the Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt so that it can be reopened, Channel 12 reports.

The crossing has been closed since it was hit by IAF airstrikes on Tuesday afternoon, after Israel declared that no food or fuel would be allowed into the Strip in an effort to implement a complete blockade to isolate Hamas. The IAF said it bombed the crossing as it was targeting an underground smuggling tunnel.

In a statement, Egypt states that it did not close its side of the crossing, and calls on all countries and international organizations in the region to provide humanitarian aid to Gazans by flying it through the El-Arish airport in northern Sinai, located about 56 kilometers (35 miles) from the Rafah crossing.

Jordan has sent to Egypt a delivery of humanitarian supplies intended for Gaza, the New York Times reports, but it is unclear if the aid will be allowed to enter the coastal strip.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
For those in Wash, DC, there will be a pro-Israel rally tomorrow/Friday at 12:15 pm, Freedom Plaza, 14th and Penn.

I've seen online that Hamas is calling for people to attack Jews tomorrow. I'm not worried about going to my eye doc appt and working at home the rest of the day, but I fear what could happen in NYC, L.A., London (the real one), others. I hope local police take this seriously and protect Jewish institutions.
They are on it. Jewish security has improved a lot since Tree of Life and Charlottesville.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Does it really matter if babies were decapitated or killed in some other horrific way? It's beyond macabre for people to have fixated on this.
Edited. Some people just fixate on whatever the latest news is from their favorite source.

There are enough videos of bodies and women being dragged and paraded through the street, along with reports of entire families being kidnapped, that who cares? It’s as if some people are trying find more excuse for the actions.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Does it really matter if babies were decapitated or killed in some other horrific way? It's beyond macabre for people to have fixated on this.
The reason it's important is because beheading is an ISIS tactic that is meant to create the most visceral terror. This association works for Hamas, and it works for people who conflate Palestinians with Hamas, and also for people who believe that Muslims are barbarians from centuries past.

MsZem

I see the sea
The reason it's important is because beheading is an ISIS tactic that is meant to create the most visceral terror. This association works for Hamas, and it works for people who conflate Palestinians with Hamas, and also for people who believe that Muslims are barbarians from centuries past.
Hamas are barbarians. It doesn't matter if they beheaded babies, shot them, burned them, suffocated them, or whatever other manner of depravity they enacted out there. The murdered babies. They livestreamed murders. They don't like being compared to ISIS? Don't f***ing act like ISIS.

Palestinians ≠ Hamas. But what people will think based on reporting about atrocities is very low on my list of things to be concerned about right now.

Debbie S

For the record, the article confirms that individuals were decapitated. They just can't confirm yet the age, gender or military/civilian status of the victims.

And I agree with MsZem....seriously, wtf?

MsZem

I see the sea
Why would you think they don't like being compared to ISIS, when it amplifies their power? Of course they want to be compared to ISIS.
Nope. Look at the people speaking for them and insisting they're not murdering civilians. They most certainly want to be the "nice" terrorists.

Look, I'm sure you mean well but this isn't academic to me. This is our life here. And the discourse about how babies were murdered is repulsive.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Nope. Look at the people speaking for them and insisting they're not murdering civilians. They most certainly want to be the "nice" terrorists.

Look, I'm sure you mean well but this isn't academic to me. This is our life here. And the discourse about how babies were murdered is repulsive.

The evidence indicates otherwise. They are not 'nice' terrorists. They are Terrorists, period. They did not attack Israeli soldiers. They attacked innocent civilians of all ages, genders, and killed them or took them hostage (to get more power).How can their supporters say they are not murdering civilians?

I want Hamas to disappear, physically and their mindset -the hatred. Their charter is to kill all Jews, destroy Israel. I feel sorry for the civilians trapped in Gaza but it annoys me that other nations are telling Israel to stop fighting for their own survival. Would those nations stop fighting if someone attacked them? If someone tried to eradicate Their religion, will they sit quietly, doing nothing?

I am for humanitarian aid but it takes cooperation between nations. Egypt is refusing to cooperate, but it is happy to criticize Israel. Not right.

Last edited:

Judy

No and I don’t fixate. However, that is what’s been all over the news including the White House. It just makes not trust everything.

Debbie S

No and I don’t fixate. However, that is what’s been all over the news including the White House. It just makes not trust everything.
Per the article, what you said in your post was not correct. Read the 2nd paragraph. "Not yet confirmed" does not mean "didn't happen."

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover

once_upon

Better off than 2020
This is our life here. And the discourse about how babies were murdered is repulsive.
It is your life, I have no right to question what your reports are (and I don't). I'm trying really hard to comprehend what your minute to minute survival is like.

It seems to me that US news reporting wants to make the most sensational, horrifying visuals.

It does not matter how they were murdered. They were murdered by terrorists.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
This is once again coming from someone who is married to an Israeli and still has all of his family in Israel. Yes, there was a gaffe that Biden made by saying he saw photos. A Biden gaffe-- well it's not that shocking even as someone who gladly voted for him.

But there is SO MUCH evidence all over social media and in almost every news article, that trying to pinpoint an 'ah ha!' or conspiracy theory moment is ridiculous and stupid. Hamas is doing enough on their own, showing exactly what they are doing at that. You think they are asking the young girls they are dragging through the streets if they are an adult before they kill them? You think when they go in and kidnap families, that they are stopping and thinking twice about it when they see children or babies? You think when they are shooting randomly that they care who they hit?

I cannot fathom going on social media and cheering for a bunch of terrorists who equally hate the United States as much as they hate Israelis, but that's venturing into politics so I won't dwell into it more.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Speaking for myself, it’s clear that some people online are trying to undermine the many accounts of murdered babies because it was first reported by a very nationalist reporter in I-24, the (extremely crappy) English language channel here. This is disinformation. The evidence unfortunately is on Netanyahu’s own account.

Speaking now as an admin, please try to be sensitive in discussing these terrible topics and be careful about language and sourcing what you’re posting. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information