Virtue, Moir hope revamped programs will lift them to Olympic gold

jersey1302

I’m pissed the French outscored them in the FD.. how delusional are the judges.. (not taking anything away from the French team because they are fine) but to me the Canadians just have the X factor and incredible program expression that’s undeniable. Overall obviously I’m stunned they win in a good way.,best fd of all time I say

MAXSwagg

The result was correct, but what was clear to me is that V/M style particularly in the FD is very dated, and though I love him, Scott's facial expressions are completely over the top and unnecessary. It wouldn't change the result, but V/M also missed one of the key points (which Ben confirmed my thought when I saw it live) so...

lauravvv

The result was correct, but what was clear to me is that V/M style particularly in the FD is very dated
Their FD is not so "in the moment" and current trends, true, but, in my opinion, "outdated" is too strong a word. I think there will always be a place for character/story driven programs as trends come and go. The choreography of their FD is not outdated either.

It wouldn't change the result, but V/M also missed one of the key points (which Ben confirmed my thought when I saw it live) so...
But it wasn't called that way. Seeing how this technical panel judged the team event, I have no doubt that they would have called T/S's rhumba pattern level 3 without hesitation if they would have seen the key point as missed. And I am not saying that technical panels are always right.

ngcskate

Did anyone else see the Skating Lesson's tweet - "Have heard now from both Russian and Canadian sources that Russian Skating Federation is 'furious' 'livid' over Duhamel/Radford medaling in pairs over Tarasova/Morozov. Walking around Olympics speaking of 'hell to pay' for Canada in dance event. "

I actually heard, before the Olympics even started, that the fix was in for the French to win. The source was close to one of the dance teams and trusted. Glad they were wrong or someone didn't follow protocol or whatever happened. Just happy Tessa and Scott won!

muffinplus

I’m pissed the French outscored them in the FD.. how delusional are the judges.. (not taking anything away from the French team because they are fine) but to me the Canadians just have the X factor and incredible program expression that’s undeniable. Overall obviously I’m stunned they win in a good way.,best fd of all time I say

I think the FD scores were close to fair as both gave great performances ( I don't know if this particular performance of Moonlight Sonata was necessarily that much than at Internationaux De France), although it just seems like even with absolutely perfect performances, the judges always slightlly prefer P/C no matter what. The panel was not as bad as it could have been but still quite pro P/C biased. V/M had one extreme pro-V/M judge on the panel with Leanna Caron, P/C had the Chinese, Turkish and US, so a bit of a panel advantage. The rest of the judges scored them fairly closely. It's the SD scores that were a joke.

One thing though, V/M's program higher complexity doesn't seem to be rewarded compared to P/C...

Last edited:

jayta

I am for one happy that they won. I think it was the best possible outcome for the FD. They both skated their hearts out and they judged it and someone won and lost. It's competition. People need to stop putting their opinions on like it's some grievous error all the time in skating. It's ALWAYS going to be subjective. But what's great is that years after, you can observe and re-watch programs without the heightened emotionality and view it as it should be...wonderful art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information