Canadian Olympic Figure Skating Team Announced; also World/4CC/Junior World teams

Japanfan

Does the country's Olympic committee purchase a certain number of tickets for the athlete's events for the families?

I would think so. There were quite a few good empty seats at Nationals, and I thought they might have been reserved for families and/or VIPs or officials.

If those seats just stay empty should those they are offered to not attend, it is a shame.

WildRose

https://olympic.ca/partners/petro-canada/petro-canada-canadian-athlete-family-program/

The Canadian Athlete Family Program was launched in 2010 by Petro Canada and will be continued through 2024.
https://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/olympics/how-we-help.aspx

“In addition to providing Olympic and Paralympic Games tickets, Petro-Canada also provides support for families through the Café within Canada Olympic House and Canada Paralympic House — a home away from home for Canadian athletes and their parents.”

RoseRed

Tessa and Scott mentioned during all the flag bearer publicity (on a FB live I think) that they will leave on the 5th and arrive on the 6th. Then practice on the 7th and 8th, opening ceremonies on the 9th, then the team event SD is on the 11th.

dramagrrl

The "Hi My Name Is..." fill in the blank questionnaires for both Meagan Duhamel and Kaetlyn Osmond are now on the Canadian Olympic site. Theirs join the Gabby and Andrew ones posted a few weeks ago.
Kaetlyn's drawing of Andrew Poje made me laugh out loud. Minus points from me to Meagan for her first answer of "favourite Olympic memory". :p Gabby is a decent artist! (I was going to comment on her spelling, but then I remembered she has an LD that is similar to dyslexia - if I were her teacher, I would have picked that up right away.) Plus points to Andrew for listing Dead Poets Society as one of his favourite movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information