U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21 (NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel)

Sylvia

TBD

2020 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series TV Broadcast Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change.

Friday, Oct. 23Skate America8 p.m. – MidnightNBCSN (Live)
Saturday, Oct. 24Skate America3 – 6 p.m.NBC (Live)
Saturday, Oct. 24Skate America9 p.m. – MidnightNBCSN (Live)
Sunday, Nov. 1Skate Canada International [CANCELLED on 10/14 :(]12 – 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 8Cup of China12 – 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 15Internationaux de France4 – 6 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 22Rostelecom Cup4 – 6 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 29NHK Trophy2:30 – 4:30 p.m.NBC

Livestreaming and on demand viewing via Peacock Premium thread is here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...peacock-premium-starting-in-fall-2020.107653/

"A more detailed TV schedule for early 2021 events will be published later this fall."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Press release today (Oct. 13): https://www.usfigureskating.org/new...announce-broadcast-schedule-grand-prix-series
A full programming schedule for this season’s competitions that will take place in 2021, including the U.S. Championships and ISU Championship events, will be available later this fall.

In total for the 2020-21 season, NBC Sports will present nearly 100 hours of figure skating coverage on TV, with 30+ hours on NBC, and 50+ hours on NBCSN. In addition, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present original programming plus encores of NBC and NBCSN figure skating coverage of several events.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Interesting that these events are all, for now, going back to NBC. They need stuff to fill the time slots for sure with almost all major sports finishing up at the same time, but I thought all of it would be resorted to Peacock only.
A lot of the older folks who love skating don’t have computers...flip phones instead of iPhones. They depend on TVs only and basic cable subscriptions. They’re not rolling in money & technology. My mom, for ex. ❤️

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
A lot of the older folks who love skating don’t have computers...flip phones instead of iPhones. They depend on TVs only and basic cable subscriptions. They’re not rolling in money & technology. My mom, for ex. ❤️

Of course it benefits a certain demographic, but I just thought with the Peacock announcement that NBC would try to push all of the coverage there instead (I mean, even the French Open tennis was all designated to the Tennis Channel until the Finals). But then again, there's only so much to put on TV these days.

Susan1

Obviously I have a computer. But I would rather watch skating in 40" HD. Of course, we've got a severe thunderstorm warning till 7 p.m. and the power might go out. Tonight of all nights. It won't even DVR it if the power is out. And I just thought to plug in my laptop I've had unplugged all day. Geez. There's the thunder..........Yikes...

Sylvia

TBD
USFS' press release excerpt about the TV commentators:
Live coverage of 2020 Guaranteed Rate Skate America kicks off in primetime on NBCSN on Friday, Oct. 23 (8 p.m. – midnight ET), continues on NBC on Saturday, Oct. 24 (3-6 p.m. ET) and concludes in primetime on Saturday, Oct. 24 (9 p.m. – midnight ET) back on NBCSN. The entire event will also be available live and on-demand on NBC Universal’s digital streaming platform Peacock Premium. Terry Gannon will handle play-by-play responsibilities for the competition and will be joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir for the ladies, men’s, and pairs events. Gannon will be joined by 2006 Olympic silver medalist Tanith White for the ice dance competition.
ETA: Gannon is broadcasting from home; Weir is commentating from LA (while competing on DWTS); Lipinski sounds like she's on her phone.

Last edited:

Susan1

Obviously I have a computer. But I would rather watch skating in 40" HD. Of course, we've got a severe thunderstorm warning till 7 p.m. and the power might go out. Tonight of all nights. It won't even DVR it if the power is out. And I just thought to plug in my laptop I've had unplugged all day. Geez. There's the thunder..........Yikes...
The power didn't go out. It just rained really hard for awhile.

Sylvia

TBD
Looks like NBC has replaced the original Skate Canada International slot next Sunday with an exhibition being taped in Las Vegas: https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...weekend-across-nbc-nbcsn-and-peacock-premium/

Sunday, Nov. 1 Las Vegas Skating Spectacular 12 -1:30 p.m. NBC
Sunday, Nov. 8 Grand Prix China (Cup of China) 12 -1:30 p.m. NBC
Saturday, Nov. 21 Grand Prix Russia (Rostelecom Cup) 4 – 6 p.m. NBC
Sunday, Nov. 22 Grand Prix Russia (Rostelecom Cup) 4 – 6 p.m. NBC
Sunday, Nov. 29 Grand Prix Japan (NHK Trophy) 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. NBC

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Press release today (ETA that I've also posted the link in a new GSD thread):
The Las Vegas Invitational presented by HomeLight will air on NBC on Sunday, Nov. 15, from 4-6 p.m. ET, U.S. Figure Skating and title sponsor of the competition HomeLight announced Wednesday. Two teams, Team Tara and Team Johnny, representing NBC’s dynamic announcer duo of Tara Lipinksi and Johnny Weir will compete for $50,000 in total prize money.
Additionally, U.S. Figure Skating has released an updated television schedule for the fall. In addition to the Las Vegas Invitational, the Las Vegas Skating Spectacular can be seen on NBC on Nov. 1 from 12-1:30 p.m. Additionally, Rostelecom Cup will now feature two broadcast windows, Saturday, Nov. 21, from 4-6 p.m. ET, and Sunday, Nov. 22, from 4-6 p.m. ET.
Updated TV schedule:
Sunday, Nov. 1Las Vegas Skating Spectacular (exhibitions taped at Skate America)12 – 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 8Cup of China12 – 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 15Las Vegas Invitational presented by Homelight (singles team competition taped after Skate America)4 – 6 p.m.NBC
Satruday, Nov. 21Rostelecom Cup4 – 6 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 22Rostelecom Cup4 – 6 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Nov. 29NHK Trophy2:30 – 4:30 p.m.NBC
Sunday, Dec. 27TBA12 – 2 p.m.NBC

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
For those with the Olympic Channel I noticed that along with various repeats of today's coverage there's an hour show for the Rhythm Dance on Wed. night [10/28]
For those who can watch, let us know if the Rhythm Dance is broadcast on the Olympic Channel from 8-9 pm ET tonight with Tanith White.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
For those who can watch, let us know if the Rhythm Dance is broadcast on the Olympic Channel from 8-9 pm ET tonight with Tanith White.

Yes, I made videos of the second group (but of course blocked in the US)

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just re-checked my local NBC channel, and what's showing for Sunday, November 1st beginning a 11:a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (central time) is Skate Canada.

It's not showing the Las Vegas Skating Spectacular. I guess I'll find out for sure whether it's Skate Canada or the Skating Spectacular when the time comes. :lol:

ETA: I know it's been cancelled, but I guess the skating schedule with my satellite service (DirecTV) hasn't been updated. I really wish we were seeing Skate Canada. :(

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
For those who get the Olympic Channel, these are the Cup of China broadcasts for tonight, Monday, Nov. 9 in Eastern time:

Pairs Short Program & Rhythm Dance (Premiere) 8-9 p.m.

Free Dance & Pairs Free Skate (Premiere) 9-10 p.m.

Pairs Short Program & Rhythm Dance 10-11 p.m.

Free Dance & Pairs Free Skate 11 p.m.- Midnight

Here's the updated TV schedule (scroll down for the current Olympic Channel broadcast schedule):

I'd like to know if Tanith shows up in these 2 broadcasts.

Last edited:

Japanfan

My TV says there be a Johnny/Tara' team' show of some sort on Sunday - not Rostelecom. Scheduled the video recording anyways, maybe it is a mistake.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
My Xfinity on-screen guide indicates the Johnny-Tara Teams Show “Las Vegas Invitational” as replacement for originally-scheduled Trophee France tomorrow (Sunday, Nov 15, 4-6pm eastern US).

Alilou

Ubercavorter
My TV says there be a Johnny/Tara' team' show of some sort on Sunday - not Rostelecom. Scheduled the video recording anyways, maybe it is a mistake.
What channel?! I've been trying to find it. It's the special one day team event they put on after SA. All US skaters but still fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information