U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21 (NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel)

Japanfan

I need @Japanfan to reply because NBC is under a different name here I think - like affiliated with CTV or Global or something like that. But thank you! Also thank you @Sylvia

Yes, it's NBC. I think it is called something else, but know it by its logo, which appears on the TV guide shown on television.

Logo is here in white https://www.nbcnews.com/

On the TV guide it has colors, yellow, green and red IIRC. And it comes up fairly close the top of the TV guide.

Last edited:

alilou

Ubercavorter
Yes, it's NBC. I think it is called something else, but know it by its logo, which appears on the TV guide shown on television.

Logo is here in white https://www.nbcnews.com/

On the TV guide it has colors, yellow, green and red IIRC. And it comes up fairly close the top of the TV guide.
Thanks @Japanfan. I know the logo well - it's the peacock. We have a basic Shaw package and I was puzzled that NBC wasn't on it so asked you because I just couldn't believe we didn't have NBC or an NBC affiliate here. But no, it's just not included in my package :(

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
Just a reminder that NBC has 4 hours of Rostelecom Cup coverage scheduled for today and tomorrow, 4-6 pm Eastern time (check your local listings). Maybe there'll be time for some pairs/dance! ;)

ETA:

NBC started their broadcast today with the men's short programs - Ignatov + 2nd group: Kolyada, Litvintsev, Mozalev, Gumennik, Kvitelashvili, Aliev. Then ONE pairs SP - Mishina/Galliamov. Ladies' short programs are next up.

Last edited:

tony

Just a reminder that NBC has 4 hours of Rostelecom Cup coverage scheduled for today and tomorrow, 4-6 pm Eastern time (check your local listings). Maybe there'll be time for some pairs/dance! ;)
Doesn't really look like it. Just a bunch of short programs today with M/G short shown, and now I suspect we will see a full hour of ladies SP.

Sylvia

Looks like NBC will show the winning Pairs FS next (after leading off today's broadcast with the final 6 men's free skates)... any bets on the FD too or will everything dance likely end up on the Olympic Channel with Tanith?

ETA: Predictably Kiibus is 'chacked' and the final 6 group of ladies' free skates will be shown.

Last edited:

maureenfarone

I'm watching the Rostelecom FD now on Peacock. I had to go to search and put in rostelecom and all of the events appeared including the FD.

Sylvia

Today's NBC broadcasts - Sunday, Nov. 29 (check your local listings):

Las Vegas Skating Spectacular (Skate America Exhibition Encore) 2:30 – 4 p.m. ET

NHK Trophy 4 – 6 p.m. ET
ETA: NBC led off with Kaori Sakamoto's SP and then showed 5 men's free skates - current Junior national silver medalist Kao Miura, Keiji Tanaka, new Junior national champ Lucas T. Honda, Kazuki Tomono & Yuma Kagiyama.
Then Daisuke Takahashi's ice dance debut - his and Kana Muramoto's FD.
Top 6 ladies' free skates - in order: Young You, Mai Mihara, Mana Kawabe, Rino Matsuike, Wakaba Higuchi, Kaori Sakamoto.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information