U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21 (NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel)

Japanfan

I need @Japanfan to reply because NBC is under a different name here I think - like affiliated with CTV or Global or something like that. But thank you! Also thank you @Sylvia

Yes, it's NBC. I think it is called something else, but know it by its logo, which appears on the TV guide shown on television.

Logo is here in white https://www.nbcnews.com/

On the TV guide it has colors, yellow, green and red IIRC. And it comes up fairly close the top of the TV guide.

Last edited:

alilou

Ubercavorter
Yes, it's NBC. I think it is called something else, but know it by its logo, which appears on the TV guide shown on television.

Logo is here in white https://www.nbcnews.com/

On the TV guide it has colors, yellow, green and red IIRC. And it comes up fairly close the top of the TV guide.
Thanks @Japanfan. I know the logo well - it's the peacock. We have a basic Shaw package and I was puzzled that NBC wasn't on it so asked you because I just couldn't believe we didn't have NBC or an NBC affiliate here. But no, it's just not included in my package :(

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
Just a reminder that NBC has 4 hours of Rostelecom Cup coverage scheduled for today and tomorrow, 4-6 pm Eastern time (check your local listings). Maybe there'll be time for some pairs/dance! ;)

ETA:

NBC started their broadcast today with the men's short programs - Ignatov + 2nd group: Kolyada, Litvintsev, Mozalev, Gumennik, Kvitelashvili, Aliev. Then ONE pairs SP - Mishina/Galliamov. Ladies' short programs are next up.

Last edited:

tony

Just a reminder that NBC has 4 hours of Rostelecom Cup coverage scheduled for today and tomorrow, 4-6 pm Eastern time (check your local listings). Maybe there'll be time for some pairs/dance! ;)
Doesn't really look like it. Just a bunch of short programs today with M/G short shown, and now I suspect we will see a full hour of ladies SP.

Vagabond

Memo to Johnny and Tara: the arm over the head hasn't been a GOE bulletpoint for 2 years now.
I'd rather that the memo go to Alexei Mishin and Sofia Samodurova, but I'd be okay if Johnny and Tara were copied on it. Johnny can read Russian, after all. :shuffle:

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
Looks like NBC will show the winning Pairs FS next (after leading off today's broadcast with the final 6 men's free skates)... any bets on the FD too or will everything dance likely end up on the Olympic Channel with Tanith?

ETA: Predictably Kiibus is 'chacked' and the final 6 group of ladies' free skates will be shown.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information