U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21 (NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel)

Japanfan

I need @Japanfan to reply because NBC is under a different name here I think - like affiliated with CTV or Global or something like that. But thank you! Also thank you @Sylvia

Yes, it's NBC. I think it is called something else, but know it by its logo, which appears on the TV guide shown on television.

Logo is here in white https://www.nbcnews.com/

On the TV guide it has colors, yellow, green and red IIRC. And it comes up fairly close the top of the TV guide.

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Yes, it's NBC. I think it is called something else, but know it by its logo, which appears on the TV guide shown on television.

Logo is here in white https://www.nbcnews.com/

On the TV guide it has colors, yellow, green and red IIRC. And it comes up fairly close the top of the TV guide.
Thanks @Japanfan. I know the logo well - it's the peacock. We have a basic Shaw package and I was puzzled that NBC wasn't on it so asked you because I just couldn't believe we didn't have NBC or an NBC affiliate here. But no, it's just not included in my package :(

Sylvia

TBD
Just a reminder that NBC has 4 hours of Rostelecom Cup coverage scheduled for today and tomorrow, 4-6 pm Eastern time (check your local listings). Maybe there'll be time for some pairs/dance! ;)

ETA:

NBC started their broadcast today with the men's short programs - Ignatov + 2nd group: Kolyada, Litvintsev, Mozalev, Gumennik, Kvitelashvili, Aliev. Then ONE pairs SP - Mishina/Galliamov. Ladies' short programs are next up.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Just a reminder that NBC has 4 hours of Rostelecom Cup coverage scheduled for today and tomorrow, 4-6 pm Eastern time (check your local listings). Maybe there'll be time for some pairs/dance! ;)
Doesn't really look like it. Just a bunch of short programs today with M/G short shown, and now I suspect we will see a full hour of ladies SP.

Vagabond

Memo to Johnny and Tara: the arm over the head hasn't been a GOE bulletpoint for 2 years now.
I'd rather that the memo go to Alexei Mishin and Sofia Samodurova, but I'd be okay if Johnny and Tara were copied on it. Johnny can read Russian, after all. :shuffle:

Sylvia

TBD
Looks like NBC will show the winning Pairs FS next (after leading off today's broadcast with the final 6 men's free skates)... any bets on the FD too or will everything dance likely end up on the Olympic Channel with Tanith?

ETA: Predictably Kiibus is 'chacked' and the final 6 group of ladies' free skates will be shown.

Last edited:

maureenfarone

I'm watching the Rostelecom FD now on Peacock. I had to go to search and put in rostelecom and all of the events appeared including the FD.

Sylvia

TBD
Today's NBC broadcasts - Sunday, Nov. 29 (check your local listings):

Las Vegas Skating Spectacular (Skate America Exhibition Encore) 2:30 – 4 p.m. ET

NHK Trophy 4 – 6 p.m. ET
ETA: NBC led off with Kaori Sakamoto's SP and then showed 5 men's free skates - current Junior national silver medalist Kao Miura, Keiji Tanaka, new Junior national champ Lucas T. Honda, Kazuki Tomono & Yuma Kagiyama.
Then Daisuke Takahashi's ice dance debut - his and Kana Muramoto's FD.
Top 6 ladies' free skates - in order: Young You, Mai Mihara, Mana Kawabe, Rino Matsuike, Wakaba Higuchi, Kaori Sakamoto.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
Is Olympic channel not showing the RD and FD from NHK? My DVR picks up endless reruns of the men's and ladies.

BaileyCatts

Nope, not that I can see. I know it was only 3 teams, but they still could have put a 1 hour broadcast together like this: show the 3 RDs, then replay Men's and Ladies winner FS (because you need to fill an hour), then show the 3 Free Dance. That would fill a 1 hour broadcast.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Is Olympic channel not showing the RD and FD from NHK? My DVR picks up endless reruns of the men's and ladies.
I guess that they’re trying to figure out how to link Dai’s story to a Homelight commercial from Tanith...”Just like Dai Takahashi, Homelight’s agents have the flexibility to switch course when searching for your perfect home.”

Oops...no ads on Peacock (yet)!

Sylvia

TBD
Press release (Dec. 15, 2020) re. the planned TV Broadcast schedule of the senior events:

2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships
All times Eastern. Check local listing. Subject to change.

Date
CompetitionTimeNetwork
Thurs., Jan. 14Pairs Short6 – 8 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Thurs., Jan. 14Ladies Short10 p.m. – MidnightNBCSN (Live)
Fri., Jan. 15Rhythm Dance4 – 6 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Fri., Jan. 15Ladies Free8 – 11 p.m.NBC (Live)
Sat., Jan. 16Men's Short4 – 6 p.m.NBC (Live)**
Sat., Jan. 16Free Dance / Pairs Free9 p.m. – MidnightNBCSN (Live)
Sun, Jan. 17Men's Free3:30 – 6 p.m.NBC (Live)**
Sun., Jan. 24Free Dance5 – 6 p.m.NBC
Sun., Jan. 31U.S. Championships – Best Of12 – 2 p.m.NBC
Sat, Feb. 20U.S. Championships Skating Spectacular4 – 6 p.m.NBC
**The men's short program and free skate programming details are subject to change, dependent on NFL programming schedules.

A.H.Black

**The men's short program and free skate programming details are subject to change, dependent on NFL programming schedules.
And we are going back in time. I remember when we used to pray the football games would get over on time so we could see skating. Another thanks to 2020. Hopefully the Olympic channel will have full broadcasts the following week.

Sylvia

TBD
Another excerpt from the Dec. 15th press release linked in post #51:
The 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships competitions, including every skater in every discipline, can be streamed live and on-demand on NBCUniversal's digital streaming platform Peacock Premium. In addition to coverage of the Championships, the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota will debut on Peacock on Dec. 22. The competition, which will be conducted virtually, enables junior and senior athletes from across the country to qualify for the U.S. Championships.

Last edited:

maureenfarone

Is Peacock televising?
I just checked Peacock and couldn't find the special which is airing on December 27 so it will probably only be on NBC. This is a disappointment for me because I am on an antenna and if the weather is bad my reception over the air for NBC is miserable :(

Sylvia

TBD
On the eve of the 60th anniversary of the crash of Sabena Flight 548 that claimed the lives of the entire U.S. World Figure Skating Team in Brussels, Belgium, the documentary film RISE will air on NBCSN on [Thursday] Feb. 11.
RISE will be shown at 9 p.m. ET. (check local listings), following an encore presentation of the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Best Of at 7 p.m. ET and proceeding a re-airing of the U.S. Figure Skating: 100th Anniversary Special at 11 p.m. (check local listings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information