U.S. Figure skating streaming coverage will move to Peacock Premium starting in Fall 2020

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The practice cam replays weren't there on the Roku for me yesterday. I had to go to the search function and type in practice for them to come up. The upcoming practices were on the main sports page though.
Wow. Everything comes up for me on my TV. I have seen a lot of complaints about Roku though. Compared to all the other platforms.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Just registering my satisfaction with Peacock’s 2021 US Nationals streaming service. I had no problem finding the specific-show icons; none was missing.

Watching the live streaming went smoothly with the exception of “freezing” during two ladies’ short programs and one early man’s LP today. In all cases, I got out of the show, then immediately returned with no further freezing.

It was a joy to see every session live, with every skater, without commentary and ads. Just like being at the event “live,” without the bathroom lines!

For the record, I watched on a Samsung Smart TV, accessing Peacock by speaking into my Xfinity remote control.

LeafOnTheWind

Have they loaded the US Nats exhibition on Peacock yet? I've searched but I don't always know if I've done the correct search because their tagging is so bad.

I have to say I'm really not impressed with their response times and getting things loaded. They still don't have the team event after Skate America.

Frau Muller

Have they loaded the US Nats exhibition on Peacock yet? I've searched but I don't always know if I've done the correct search because their tagging is so bad.

I have to say I'm really not impressed with their response times and getting things loaded. They still don't have the team event after Skate America.

Since updated; scroll down.
I just checked Peacock. Not only is the exhibition not up...but they’ve REMOVED all of the Sr SP/RD events. (100% of Jrs still up.). They’ve also removed all figure skating before 2021 US Natls...no more Skate America, for example.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I just checked Peacock. Not only is the exhibition not up...but they’ve REMOVED all of the Sr SP/RD events. (100% of Jrs still up.). They’ve also removed all figure skating before 2021 US Natls...no more Skate America, for example.
Nope, they are all there. Scroll over to sports, then figure skating down the page, and click view all.

Frau Muller

Nope, they are all there. Scroll over to sports, then figure skating down the page, and click view all.
That’s how I do it....Sports, then scroll down to figure skating. I see only the 2022 Nationals highlights icon - pic of Nathan - far left, then, to the right, icons from only what I stated above. Still not there...at 6:50pm. I so wish you were right, Tony!!!!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
That’s how I do it....Sports, then scroll down to figure skating. I see only the 2022 Nationals highlights icon - pic of Nathan - far left, then, to the right, icons from only what I stated above. Still not there...at 6:50pm. I so wish you were right, Tony!!!!
I am right. I checked it. You are aware at the end of the ones you see there’s a view all, right?

Sylvia

TBD
Well, I loved the Peacock and the commentary-free video.

Will they have Worlds
YES! :) Current 2021 Worlds broadcast schedule and live streaming times are listed here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...sn-olympic-channel.107668/page-4#post-5965792

Peacock Premium (current start times are in Eastern time):

Wed., March 24 | Ladies Short | 5 a.m.
Wed., March 24 | Pairs Short | 1:30 p.m.
Thurs., March 25 | Men's Short | 6 a.m.
Thurs., March 25 | Pairs Free | 1:10 p.m.
Fri., March 26 | Rhythm Dance | 5:45 a.m.
Fri., March 26 | Ladies Free | 1 p.m.
Sat., March 27 | Men's Free | 6 a.m.
Sat., March 27 | Free Dance | Noon

Last edited:

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I can no longer find the Worlds RD on peacock? I watched some of it, then switched to Ladies free halfway through intending to come back. Now it's not there? so odd.

I was watching everything on demand, and I can see all the events from fall too.

maureenfarone

I was just poking around and checked Peacock for 2020 Skate America....which isn't there. The oldest competition available is Cup of China from early November 2020. I don't remember reading anything on the Peacock info about how long the videos would be available but I thought it would be longer than 5 months.

Anyone have any info on how Peacock is handling the archiving?

maureenfarone

2020 Skate America is there. Just re-watched a few of the ladies' programs.
I guess it is another "tagging" mistake from Peacock. Skate America comes up when I search on skate but not when I use browse sports and click on view all. I was also able to find Worlds Rhythm Dance by typing ice skat (no e) in the search box. Generally I have enjoyed Peacock but I really hope that these type of issues eventually get straightened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information