U.S. Figure skating streaming coverage will move to Peacock Premium starting in Fall 2020

DreamSkates

I really never had problems with the NBC Sports Gold, but Peacock is getting cancelled if things don't improve. I can't find anything but "Skate America" regardless of what I search on TV> I guess I can watch on my laptop, but .... If I can't watch it on the SmartTV then I am just passing on this season!
Same here and I'm using Google Chrome to access, which usually works well for other streaming services.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Type in Sr. in the search. Everything is there. Once again, they just didn’t tag things properly to give them an official home once they aired.

You have to be resourceful this season. And it doesn’t matter which method you’re trying to watch.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Now Sr Ladies GP 2 is down...”coming soon...” It’s been down for at least two hours. No problem in accessing the three other groups.

tony

Now Sr Ladies GP 2 is down...”coming soon...” It’s been down for at least two hours. No problem in accessing the three other groups.
You sure you are fast forwarding far enough? I don't have problems with any of the videos..

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I never found the Junior Men at all. But I'm not that interested in the Juniors and haven't watched the Ladies or Pairs either and those I found.

Any standout Junior Ladies performances that people recommend?

Frau Muller

You sure you are fast forwarding far enough? I don't have problems with any of the videos..
I’ve fast forwarded through the entire thing...spot checked every five minutes. I’ve tried all tricks like getting out & going back in. I’ve used the search keyboard for “I...” as someone said.

tony

I’ve fast forwarded through the entire thing...spot checked every five minutes. I’ve tried all tricks like getting out & going back in. I’ve used the search keyboard for “I...” as someone said.
Maybe you need to actually shut down the app rather than just exiting and re-entering. I’ve tried it on my phone, my iPad, my laptop, and the TV app itself and it all shows the same for me.

Frau Muller

Thanks, Tony.

I’ve exited from the Peacock app using my Xfinity voice thing...many times. Every other event segment works...Men, Pairs, the other Ladies groups. Unfortunately, GP 2 has the most skaters who passed.

I’m now watching other stuff on my TV. Once Russian & Japan Nationals begin, tomorrow, I will ignore all else. So I’ll try one more time before going to sleep...to wake up before my 4am for Russian Men SPs. This is skating fans’ Triathlon!!!

tony

I’ve exited from the Peacock app using my Xfinity voice thing...many times. Every other event segment works...Men, Pairs, the other Ladies groups. Unfortunately, GP 2 has the most skaters who passed. I’m now watching other stuff on my TV. Once Russian & Japan Nationals begin, I ignore all else.
Exiting the app and actually shutting it down are two different things, though, although I’m not familiar with xfinity and using a voice to do it. I’m not sure if you use a phone with apps, but take the iPhone. You can minimize/open another screen, but those apps are all still open. I have a feeling you just have an older version of the app that hasn’t reloaded yet, or maybe doesn’t automatically reload in the background.

What is available for one person is going to be available just the same for everyone else if you’re using an app..

Frau Muller

Exiting the app and actually shutting it down are two different things, though, although I’m not familiar with xfinity and using a voice to do it. I’m not sure if you use a phone with apps, but take the iPhone. You can minimize/open another screen, but those apps are all still open. I have a feeling you just have an older version of the app that hasn’t reloaded yet, or maybe doesn’t automatically reload in the background.

What is available for one person is going to be available just the same for everyone else if you’re using an app..

I understand. I won’t shut down my Xfinity or risk family mutiny!!! I’ll be on the choo choo train to Chelyabinsk soon. Will likely catch up with GP 2 US ladies later.

Frau Muller

It’s on now...I ignored the “coverage will begin shortly” message and fast forwarded (2x speed) until I saw something live on the screen...at about the 20-minute mark. Thanks again for your tips & encouragement, Tony!

LeafOnTheWind

Did Peacock ever end up loading the team event after Skate America? I lodged a complaint with Peacock that they didn't show it but just now got around to looking again. If it's there, it's not tagged as anything I can find.

Sylvia

TBD
Did Peacock ever end up loading the team event after Skate America? I lodged a complaint with Peacock that they didn't show it but just now got around to looking again. If it's there, it's not tagged as anything I can find.
Not that I know of. I just inquired about it yesterday and will post here if I receive a response.

USFS' 100th Anniversary Special (1 hour 30 mins.) that was broadcast by NBC on Sunday became available on demand yesterday.

The Junior qualifying events for Nationals began streaming yesterday -- Junior Ladies FS (6 groups) and Junior Men FS (3 groups) are available to watch on demand now. Junior Free Dance is scheduled to stream soon, followed b Junior Pairs FS ~3 pm ET.
For those with access to the Kiss & Cry, I've posted the Junior starting orders, along with skaters' notable national results/international experience, starting here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-2021-us-nationals.107891/page-2#post-5921485

maureenfarone

The video quality on Peacock has been ok for me. The only really major complaint I have is finding the events. I just spent 15 minutes trying to find the 100 Anniversary Special which was broadcast on December 27. I'm on an antenna so even though I watched the broadcast I had poor reception for some of it.

I realized that this broadcast was advertised as being on Peacock so I started looking for it and looking for it and looking for it. I finally found it by going to search and entering 100. I couldn't find the special under sports, browse, or any other category. I also searched on skate, ice, figure, s, k, i, and "skate". The program only came up for me when I put 100 in the search field. This is just crazy and I really hope Peacock/NBC comes up with some better system.

I felt that one skater who should have been shown, but was not, was Jeremy Abbott. Jeremy was 4 time U. S. Champion - 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014. In the 3 comps in 2010 and after they should have been able to find one memorable performance from Jeremy because they were certainly there.

annie720

The video quality on Peacock has been ok for me. The only really major complaint I have is finding the events. I just spent 15 minutes trying to find the 100 Anniversary Special which was broadcast on December 27. I'm on an antenna so even though I watched the broadcast I had poor reception for some of it.

I realized that this broadcast was advertised as being on Peacock so I started looking for it and looking for it and looking for it. I finally found it by going to search and entering 100. I couldn't find the special under sports, browse, or any other category. I also searched on skate, ice, figure, s, k, i, and "skate". The program only came up for me when I put 100 in the search field. This is just crazy and I really hope Peacock/NBC comes up with some better system.
I think I was looking past the anniversary special for a long time because I wasn't expecting it to be a picture of Nathan and I had to get out of my chair and move closer to the TV to be able to read the print that said the title. It was coming up when I searched on skate, I just wasn't seeing it. It's also frustrating that the events are mixed up. The Senior qualifying events are mixed up with the junior events and some Skate America stuff, at least on my TV, so it's hard to see if the event you're looking for is there.

At least NBC Gold gave you a skate icon so you could just click that to find the skating events. We are no longer worthy.

Sylvia

TBD
Putting figure skating in the search box currently brings up 2 items for me -- USFS' 100th Anniversary Special and 2019 Skate America.

USFS is aware of the searching issues and plans to address them with Peacock.

Carolla5501

I actually wrote peacock telling them this was not rocket science they should be able to figure out how to do it and then if they didn’t figure it out I would just cancel my subscription. I don’t have hours to waste trying to figure out other useless system works

But finding a way to complain or ask a question is also a nightmare on their system. Apparently customer service is nonexistent for them

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I actually wrote peacock telling them this was not rocket science they should be able to figure out how to do it and then if they didn’t figure it out I would just cancel my subscription. I don’t have hours to waste trying to figure out other useless system works

But finding a way to complain or ask a question is also a nightmare on their system. Apparently customer service is nonexistent for them
I use Twitter to rant at them. @peacocktv

Sylvia

TBD
Or try @PeacockTVCare ("We’re ready to help all of our @peacockTV members. The team is available 9am-1am ET every day.")

jlai

Question everything
So far the few programs I really miss on NBC Gold - 1) Tomoki's short at 2020 nationals, 2) Andrew's short at nationals 3) Aymoz's short at the Gpf last year. 4) the last flight of us men at nationals 2020 (esp Alex, Tomoki and Andrew).

Do you know if there is a way to view them online?

jlai

Question everything
I also wrote a complaint to nbc gold about not providing access to past content. It is not our fault they keep moving platforms around, and I am current on whatever they tell me to subscribe (ie Peacock). I told them if they can't provide a stable platform I'll resort to piracy to content.
I suggest others complain too.

Last edited:

maureenfarone

I think part of the move to Peacock and away from NBC Gold could be that Adobe Flash support ended December 31, 2020. To watch NBC Gold on my computer I had to enable flash and now it is disabled. I mean I am too old to have almost any teknik at all, but this could be part of the problem.

I also resent that NBC didn't move at least all of 2020 Nationals to Peacock. Over the last couple of months I tried watching some older content and NBC Gold on my computer and some of it didn't play very well. Recently I was only able to watch back as far as the qualifiers for 2019 Nationals.

jlai

Question everything
I think part of the move to Peacock and away from NBC Gold could be that Adobe Flash support ended December 31, 2020. To watch NBC Gold on my computer I had to enable flash and now it is disabled. I mean I am too old to have almost any teknik at all, but this could be part of the problem.

I also resent that NBC didn't move at least all of 2020 Nationals to Peacock. Over the last couple of months I tried watching some older content and NBC Gold on my computer and some of it didn't play very well. Recently I was only able to watch back as far as the qualifiers for 2019 Nationals.
Well it is 1/2 and you can still watch non subscriber related skating content on NBC gold so I am not convinced it is all technical

Sylvia

TBD
I also wrote a complaint to nbc gold about not providing access to past content. It is not our fault they keep moving platforms around, and I am current on whatever they tell me to subscribe (ie Peacock). I told them if they can't provide a stable platform I'll resort to piracy to content.
I suggest others complain too.
@jlai, I think USFS needs to hear from you too -- I'll see if I can find out if there's a specific person to whom to address our complaints on this topic.

mikej

Press release just out:

The following events will be part of Peacock Premium’s figure skating coverage:

Skate America
Skate Canada International
Cup of China
Internationaux de France
Rostelecom Cup
NHK Trophy
U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series (Senior and Junior)
2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2021
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2021
2021 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships (Senior and Junior)
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2021
PEACE! It may be just me but I think that Peacock is more interested in making money than in fostering interest and participation in figure skating among American people especially among the youth.

tony

PEACE! It may be just me but I think that Peacock is more interested in making money than in fostering interest and participation in figure skating among American people especially among the youth.
Peacock is more interested in the big TV shows and movies that they've acquired than any figure skating events, I can assure you that. So many different areas of the page are now dedicated to The Office, which they just got exclusive rights yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information