U.S. Figure skating streaming coverage will move to Peacock Premium starting in Fall 2020

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I’m trying to mirror the practice from my phone to TV and I get sound but no image. Did a search to see if I could figure out the issue and Peacock blocks mirroring. That is absurd, I’m not paying if I cannot view on my TV.

maureenfarone

I've been watching the practice cam since about 1:10. The stream isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. There has been a fair amount of freezing up. Mariah Bell program froze about 8 times, Starr Andrews program froze quite a few times as did Karen Chen's program. The zamboni stream froze about 6 times. I rebooted my roku but the zamboni froze again and there were several times when the rink music hesitated.

I am reallllly hoping that competitions work better than this.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I was expecting Peacock to be better than NBC Gold in this area because it's the technology they use for their regular programming. I was disappointed to see the freezing though I suppose if the internet is bad in the arena, there isn't much they can do about it.

slicekw

Searching for a great dog park.
ok, if you've used NBCSportsGold last year, you'll recognize the stupid interface that Peacock Plus has. Just skip everything else, browse Sports and scroll down until you find the live feed. I suspect it'll be that way for the real thing tomorrow, too.

If you want this year's coverage: Do NOT search on Figure Skating, as they have Season 1, which is last year's Skate America. Confusing as hell, but if you want to watch last year's, you're in luck.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
ok, if you've used NBCSportsGold last year, you'll recognize the stupid interface that Peacock Plus has. Just skip everything else, browse Sports and scroll down until you find the live feed. I suspect it'll be that way for the real thing tomorrow, too.

If you want this year's coverage: Do NOT search on Figure Skating, as they have Season 1, which is last year's Skate America. Confusing as hell, but if you want to watch last year's, you're in luck.
If you do a search for Skate America all of this year's broadcasts will show up including the practice cams.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I was able to install the Peacock app on my Fire Stick using the instructions here https://troypoint.com/peacock-tv-app/ Scroll down for the step by step with screenshots. Warning... this is easy but 1) requires a working knowledge of navigating the settings and 2) you can’t skip any steps.

Once I signed it, it worked fine. The only problem is the app icon. Instead of the black rectangle with the Peacock logo, all I get is a dark gray box. Since that’s my only gray box, I don’t have much of a problem.

JOHIO2

When I first signed up for Peacock, it wasn't supported on Roku. Fortunately, it is now. Haven't checked NBCSN schedule. Wonder if they will all show same feed/commentators?

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
NBC SN is all pixelated and crappy on my TV, so I can't watch Skate America. My husband is telling me that it's an issue across all cable operators - that NBC SN is bad for everyone. Is this true for those watching Skate America on it, or is my husband full of crap?

Aceon6

Thank you Peacock for giving me a commentary free option. Worth $5, just for the ladiezzz.
@GarrAargHrumph I watch NBCSN a LOT and have never had issues. I’m on FIOS.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
How do I watch on demand? I have the app on my xbox, I have premium through my cable provider, but all I can find in SKAM 2019?

the link in the thread to USFSA 'fan zone' or whatever, just takes to a link to peacock (AND the results wtf, thanks for the spoilers)

can I only watch live? not on demand?

edit: NVM I had to go to 'sports' and scroll to find it, skam 2020 doesn't show up in search. SIGH - but user error I guess.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Zero stream issues last night! I’ve finally wised up and either turned off or put non-essential devices in airplane mode before I attempt to stream. It makes all the difference.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’ve had no problems whatsoever with Peacock streaming (live or on demand after), via my Xfinity tv subscription. The only minor quibble is, once in Peacock, having to take various steps - click the remote control - to get to the 2020 SkateAm icons (for individual events or practice cam sessions). After 3 days, you’d think that Peacock can tell my preference...no, I’m not a rugby or Vuelta fan!

Youtube is different: I say “Youtube” into the remote and am instantly presented with ballet and figure skating/RussiaChannel1 live or replay options.

LeafOnTheWind

I am not thrilled with Peacock on the Roku. It doesn't refresh at all when I exit out of one program and try to switch to the next skating program. I have to change menus and go back into the sports menu for it to recognize that the next segment is now live.

maureenfarone

I am not thrilled with Peacock on the Roku. It doesn't refresh at all when I exit out of one program and try to switch to the next skating program. I have to change menus and go back into the sports menu for it to recognize that the next segment is now live.
Yes, I have that issue too with my Roku.

BaileyCatts

NBC SN is all pixelated and crappy on my TV, so I can't watch Skate America. My husband is telling me that it's an issue across all cable operators - that NBC SN is bad for everyone. Is this true for those watching Skate America on it, or is my husband full of crap?

He's full of crap. :rofl: :p But seriously, no. I watched on NBCSN and had no issues with quality picture. There may be a sort of blip every now and then, but that's the feed, not the channel. I've never had problems with poor quality from NBCSN on my cable for any skating coverage.

Debbie S

My NBCSN picture was fine (Comcast). The Peacock feed had occasional blips and freezes, which is why I went to NBCSN whenever I could.

A.H.Black

Mine is fine and always has been. You may want to check with your provider.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I was very happy with Peacock's live streaming of Skate America. I liked it even more than NBC Sports Gold. I'm watching on a desktop computer, though.

LeafOnTheWind

They really need to do some work for the Roku app. I did save the events to my watchlist but I saved them out of order so it made it hard to find what I wanted when I wanted it. They also need to make sure they have everything in the right time zone. I mostly just want better sort and categorization ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information