These jumps aren't under review: The Bradie Tennell Cheer Thread!

sonsofanarchy

Banned Member
despite people pigeon-holing her into that position since she splashed onto the scene.

It is strange too since you would think U.S fans and officials would really be excited about the idea or hope of her succeeding. In the past they even overhoped for some people. You would think they would be excited to pray for a return to atleast the Cohen days they were regularly contending for medals. Yet you are right on Tennel they tend to underplay and hope for the minimum. Maybe it is they are secretly hoping for someone else to supplant her as the U.S senior #1 to hype (Liu probably), I don't know.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Just wanted to note that the latest username has since been banned.

Bradie's FS from 2015 U.S. Nationals when she won the Junior title: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFQMeZ9AzQE/

USFS' #FanFriday with Bradie (Instagram stories archived from September 11, 2020): https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17975747014317660/

Article by Lynn Rutherford published Oct. 1:

Bradie's Team USA and ISU bios have been updated for the 2020-21 season:
SP music: "Moderation" by Florence and the Machine
FS music: "Sarajevo" by Max Richter / "Dawn of Faith" by Eternal Eclipse
Choreographer: Benoit Richaud (via video calls)

USFS has posted on their Instagram account a photo that showed Bradie and her luggage have arrived in Las Vegas for Skate America.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
USFS has posted on their Instagram account a photo that showed Bradie and her luggage have arrived in Las Vegas for Skate America.

I’m sooooo excited..

And in Branden’s Instagram story it looks like him, Alexa and Jessica are all driving from Southern California

Astolat

I'm very proud of Bradie! The short program has developed really nicely since the last virtual competiton. I find the FS mature and sophisticated and it will only get better.
Regarding to the placements and judging, she has been done dirty. Very uncool. But I guess this grand prix season doesn't have much worth anyway (beside giving the athletes chance to compete). So now she can polish the programs and prepare to nationals.

AngieNikodinovLove

I'm very proud of Bradie! The short program has developed really nicely since the last virtual competiton. I find the FS mature and sophisticated and it will only get better.
Regarding to the placements and judging, she has been done dirty. Very uncool. But I guess this grand prix season doesn't have much worth anyway (beside giving the athletes chance to compete). So now she can polish the programs and prepare to nationals.
Totes! She won the free skate... had she had one less UR she'd be in first overall.

She definitely has the strongest technical content in the free.

What was Audrey's base?

NAOTMAA

It is strange too since you would think U.S fans and officials would really be excited about the idea or hope of her succeeding. In the past they even overhoped for some people. You would think they would be excited to pray for a return to atleast the Cohen days they were regularly contending for medals. Yet you are right on Tennel they tend to underplay and hope for the minimum. Maybe it is they are secretly hoping for someone else to supplant her as the U.S senior #1 to hype (Liu probably), I don't know.
Well after Skate America it's not much of a secret now is it? Mariah's 3-3 in the SP wasn't called and she pretty much scored dead even with Bradie in the FS despite no 3-3, a fall, and a program that was choreography wise as empty as the Sahara desert (her SP is too). Bradie's skating here was far from perfect but it was still miles ahead of Mariah's in terms of being the complete package.

Bradie's a fighter and no doubt she won't give up but it feels like she's fighting a losing battle. All her complex choreography and attempts at making her spins and footwork more difficult clearly didn't matter to the USFSA. They judged her PCS dead even with someone who had zero choreography. I'm not even sure a 3A can put her on top. She just isn't the type of skater the USFSA wants as their #1. They still want the ice princesses

AngieNikodinovLove

Well after Skate America it's not much of a secret now is it? Mariah's 3-3 in the SP wasn't called and she pretty much scored dead even with Bradie in the FS despite no 3-3, a fall, and a program that was choreography wise as empty as the Sahara desert (her SP is too). Bradie's skating here was far from perfect but it was still miles ahead of Mariah's in terms of being the complete package.

Bradie's a fighter and no doubt she won't give up but it feels like she's fighting a losing battle. All her complex choreography and attempts at making her spins and footwork more difficult clearly didn't matter to the USFSA. They judged her PCS dead even with someone who had zero choreography. I'm not even sure a 3A can put her on top. She just isn't the type of skater the USFSA wants as their #1. They still want the ice princesses

I agree with your first paragraph. I have made comments over the past couple years that I don’t understand how Bell scores as high as she does even with +GOE with such watered down technical of a free program. I also think Bradie has more transitions in and out of her jumps

Bell had zero triple triples in the free program and Bradie has two of the hardest ones there are…. It’s not making sense to me.

Also I’m looking at the names of the judges for skate America ... did they use all American judges? I know they’re limiting travel but I understand why people say this is a mini nationals then.

If so then I’m even more glad ISU points are not being awarded.

Last edited:

NAOTMAA

^^^
I would be really surprised if the judges weren't all American. The judging in general was very generous for everyone in all the disciplines. It felt like Nationals 2.0

I'm hoping the international judges don't follow the USFSA's lead because last season Bradie was overall doing better internationally then Mariah was. Bradie is following the lead of the Russians and Japanese by trying to compete complex programs and is for the most part successful with it. She's doing exactly what the top ladies in the world are doing (minus the 3A/quad). It would be ridiculous for them to dump her and favor Mariah who skates more 6.0 style empty programs when they heap high marks on the Russians and Japanese for doing what Bradie does.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Mirage has been skating what...a million years. Had one or two great skates last year and now she is the second coming. Brandie skated circles around Mariah. She and her team will see the marks for what they were.

SkateFanBerlin

I like them both. Mariah working hard to be consistent. And, she's put in her time. But, Bradie was not scored correctly here. As others have said she has way more technical content. I like the short because it was aggressive and in-your-face. I think that's more Bradie. Programs that work on her fluidity, positions, etc. are great. But she's no ice princess. I hope it's not true that she's being underscored because of it.

natsulian

There's something about Bradie and the Short Program... it's a symbiotic relationship if I've ever seen one. For the past few seasons, her Short Program has always been her trump card because she ATTACKS and that's how she likes to skate: fiercely and passionately. However, on the flip side, the reason why Bradie can sometimes be inconsistent in the Free is not because of lack of training but rather her mindset. Bradie's Free tends to be more lyrical, soft, and a stark contrast to her Short. I love the range and the challenges Bradie undertakes as an artist but I do think that once the Olympic season begins, she needs a Free like her spectacular "Romeo and Juliet" one. I still re-watch her Worlds and Worlds Team performances; they are absolutely stunning.

AngieNikodinovLove

^^^ totally agree with your assessment regarding music choices for the soft program and the free program. Although I don’t want her to ever go back to Romeo and Juliet, I see that music as too Junior for a woman in her 20s. I’m actually starting to despise that music!!! And being that she did that right after Cinderella I was so yearning for something more mature. Although of all the Romeo and Juliet programs out there that would be one of the better ones.

My ultimate ultimate dream for Bradie would be to cut her hair into a bob, dye it more platinum blonde, and have that either sassy or intense look to her. I would love for a makeover. Bring on queer eye!!!! Or heck I’ll even go over to her house and make some changes. LOL

Fiero425

^^^ totally agree with your assessment regarding music choices for the soft program and the free program. Although I don’t want her to ever go back to Romeo and Juliet, I see that music as too Junior for a woman in her 20s. I’m actually starting to despise that music!!! And being that she did that right after Cinderella I was so yearning for something more mature. Although of all the Romeo and Juliet programs out there that would be one of the better ones.

My ultimate ultimate dream for Bradie would be to cut her hair into a bob, dye it more platinum blonde, and have that either sassy or intense look to her. I would love for a makeover. Bring on queer eye!!!! Or heck I’ll even go over to her house and make some changes. LOL

I'm still trying to understand how much the judges cut the legs from under Liu! WTF? Those scores were ridiculously low! She's possibly the future of US women's figure skating! So far she appears to be the only one that can compete technically with the Russians and Japanese! I thought the idea was to encourage not discourage the talent! That was bogus! 4TH? :judge:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Congratulations to Bradie. Well done. And without her coach as well. I really noticed a difference in height in her double axles. Can’t wait to see if they can unleash the triple for next season. I hope there is a worlds so love to see her again. That was so good.

Jammers

I'm still trying to understand how much the judges cut the legs from under Liu! WTF? Those scores were ridiculously low! She possibly the future of US women's figure skating! So far she appears to be the only one that ca compete technically with the Russians and Japanese! I thought the idea was to encourage, not discourage the talent! That was bogus! 4TH? :judge:
Alysa doesn't skate with the same maturity as the older women and also is noticeably slower so that adds up and her technical advantage wasn't there without the quads and 3axel so how should she have beaten skaters who are more mature, faster and have better jumps? I feel like with all of the turmoil of her coaching situation and body changes this was a win for her because she could have crashed and burned but she showed she's a fighter. I imagine she will start practicing the harder jumps again now that she has a set coaching team with Jeremy being added and getting used to her new body and not being injured.

AngieNikodinovLove

Bradie Tennell thrilled U.S. Figure Skating Championships will bring her to Bridgestone Arena​

DreamSkates

Yes but look what happened at Nationals! Bradie has show herself to be a fighter. She did not give up, believed in herself, continued to train like a National Champion, and won the title back.

Sylvia

TBD
Not much to cheer about lately :( with her many withdrawals from competition so far this season -- U.S. Classic, both GPs, and 3 Challengers -- due to an ongoing foot injury, but Bradie is featured on the November 2021 cover of SKATING magazine and here's the link to read Darci Miller's article that focuses on her move to Colorado Springs and the 2020-21 season:

Photos from her cover shoot: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/galleries/figure-skating/skating-nov-2021-bradie-tennel/71

cheremary

Bradie gave an interview to WGN in Chicago recently:

She talks about the move to Colorado, training during the pandemic, the 2018 Olympics, and her injury this season (a stress reaction that was healing, but then found out she had torn muscles in her foot). Seems like it’s been an up and down process, but she sounds very level-headed going into Nationals.

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks @marysy! This is dated 5 days ago and I assume she recorded the interview not long before that?

I believe Bradie has a media call scheduled for late this afternoon and so we'll likely find out more about her status for Nationals.

This article just popped up today:

sk9tingfan

Thanks @marysy! This is dated 5 days ago and I assume she recorded the interview not long before that?

I believe Bradie has a media call scheduled for late this afternoon and so we'll likely find out more about her status for Nationals.
Another latest communication:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information