The Voice 16, Spring 2019

love skating

Clueless American
I agree it's like they thought they'd get another steal/save next week - poor people singing next week probably wished they were chosen first now as it will be difficult to stay next week. And yes these cross battles are dumb and confusing. When you go to vote they don't have the battles listed it's just the vote 10 times for each person if you want. So if you forget who battled who - you could vote for each person in the battle 10 times and basically waste your vote. The Voice voting has always bothered me cause they don't limit how many people you can vote for. If you like one of the coaches you can vote for all their people 10 times, I like it when you are limited and have to either put all your votes on one favorite person or spread your votes among a few.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Was something wrong with the sound tuning, all sounded way off key except 1-2. Yikes..

Something was wrong. Lisa for one sounded off-key the entire song. I was surprised she advanced.

@love skating, I wrote down the battles as they were happening to help me remember them for voting purposes. I was glad I did since they didn't show who battled whom.

shan

Watching tonight and not enjoying some of the song choices (especially of John Legend's team :scream: ).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
John’s folks are toast. Blake’s guy blew his friend out of the water. And Andrew is so good. What was the song that Adam’s guy sang?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I far preferred the Bundys to Andrew. Everybody else has been forgettable

shan

They’re singable even if you don’t have much of a range. Shania didn’t. :p

Definitely! I just didn't expect Any Man of Mine. I think she's toast next to I Put a Spell on You from John's person.

taf2002

Definitely! I just didn't expect Any Man of Mine. I think she's toast next to I Put a Spell on You from John's person.

Both songs are way overdone on singing shows but imo both have killer voices & both have a lot of stage presence. Rebecca has the most effortless style of all of them. I think both will stay. Both Kelly & John have saves left & if they don't use theirs on the loser of this battle then Blake will steal her.

shan

Both songs are way overdone on singing shows but imo both have killer voices & both have a lot of stage presence. Rebecca has the most effortless style of all of them. I think both will stay. Both Kelly & John have saves left & if they don't use theirs on the loser of this battle then Blake will steal her.

Well, I was wrong about the outcome of the Rebecca vs. Beth (I think that's her name) battle. I'm happy for Rebecca because she is a very strong singer, but sad for Beth.

shan

I'm sad for them too, but I thought their performance of The Letter lacked something....

Allskate

There definitely were some wasted saves and steals. I can't believe Beth didn't make it through.

moebius

There definitely were some wasted saves and steals. I can't believe Beth didn't make it through.

I think John was so sure that Beth would win, so he decided to use his save on Jacob. Otherwise if he saved his save for Beth and she won the battle, he would have no one left to save since she was the last person on his team to perform.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
I was thinking the other day, I know the judges act like they don't know the results ahead of time, but do you think they really don't know? It seems pretty funny that they don't ever make it to the end with an extra save in their pocket...

taf2002

I was thinking the other day, I know the judges act like they don't know the results ahead of time, but do you think they really don't know? It seems pretty funny that they don't ever make it to the end with an extra save in their pocket...

They must not know because I think John would have for sure saved his save for Beth. I don't know how Jacob made it this far in the 1st place.

Kelly has Rebecca so why did she use her save on Abby, a less talented (IMO) country singer? Unless she really thinks that Abby can go farther than either The Bundys & Rebecca. BTW, I think the country singer that Abby battled (Andrew?) is fodder for Blake. I didn't vote on that battle because I didn't like either one of them. And I like Jej but I thought LB clearly won that battle. Poor Adam.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
They must not know because I think John would have for sure saved his save for Beth. I don't know how Jacob made it this far in the 1st place.

I knew someone would say this. Go watch Jacobs first audition and tell me hes not great...Beth is also great. But maybe John felt he had nothing to teach her. And if the public isnt supporting her now, what will change next week? Truth is she picked one of the most overdone songs in all of singing shows, and if she doesnt see that as a problem, you cant fix that...maybe John had a cooler choice that she rejected, so many variables behind the scenes we don't know about

taf2002

I don't remember Jacob from the blinds but I said the same thing about Beth's song choice. I don't think the public will suddenly support Jacob either but we'll see.

flyingsit

I really hate this new format. And wow, Kelly's team was NOT prepared well for last night. Not one of them went beyond mediocre; I'd put through every one of John's team ahead of every person from Kelly's.

taf2002

Very few brought their A game last night but I liked & voted for a few people:

Team Kelly -
Presley
Matthew
Team John -
Celia
Shawn
Team Adam -
Kalvin
Mari
Dominique
Team Blake -
Gyth
Kendra
Carter

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Youtube views, official channel

earlier Tuesday/late Tuesday
Jej 349k/503k- 1
Matthew 99k/144k- 2
Maelyn 87k/127k-3
Kalvin 70k/112k- 5
Kendra 69k/109k- 6
Kim 68k/114k- 4
Mari 65k/102k- 7
Presley 62k/88k- 11
Jacob 62k/101k - 8
Domenic 61k/99k- 9
Celia 59k/95k- 10
Gyth 49k/81k - 12
-------------dividing top 12 from bottom 12
Jimmy 48k/69k- 14
Carter 47k/77k- 13
Shawn 46k/65k- 16
Rod 46k/66k- 15
Lisa 44k/64k- 17
Rebecca 42k/59k- 18
Oliv 36k/56k- 19
Abby 35k/49k-21
Selkii 32k/52k- 20
Betsy 31k/47k- 22
Dexter 25k/43k- 23
Andrew 24k/40k- 24

Idolforums- top vot1e getters
Maelyn 36, Domenic 27, Presley 26, Mari 16, Jej 15, Kendra 13, Carter 13 (kinda janky since they were seperated by teams)

mjsbigblog poll- (top 12)
Maelyn 12%, Gyth 10, Jej 7, Carter 7, Presley 6, Mari 5, Dexter 5, Celia 4, Domenic 3, Oliv 3, Shawn 3, Kendra 3

itunes top 6 (only ones in top 200)
Gyth, Maelyn, Jacob, Kim, Dexter, Carter
-------

Taking all together - seems the frontrunners for top 12 are-
Maelyn, Domenic, Presley, Gyth, Jej, Mari, Carter, Matthew, Kalvin, Kendra, 2 of Jacob, Kim and Dexter

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Wow, this new format has been brutal. I wonder if they're going to keep it this way for next season because I don't think it's being received very well (I've honestly lost interest to be honest because it's been harder to keep track of everyone).

Reactions: Rob

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Taking all together - seems the frontrunners for top 12 are-
Maelyn, Domenic, Presley, Gyth, Jej, Mari, Carter, Matthew, Kalvin, Kendra, 2 of Jacob, Kim and Dexter

Bolded made it through- along with Rod, Andrew, Shawn, Oliv, Celia, and LB from the comeback round.

All the top 6 from itunes made it except for #3 Jacob.

Youtube views rankings of those who made it- (using early Tuesday #s)
1 Jej, 3 Maelyn, 6 Kim, 7 Mari, 11 Celia, 12 Gyth, 14 Carter, 15 Shawn, 16 Rod, 19 Oliv, 23 Dexter, 24 Andrew. What a bummer for 2 Matthew, 4 Kalvin, and 5 Kendra.

Celia (over Jacob and Lisa) and Oliv (over Kendra) were insane judges' picks. Mari was pretty bad yesterday too- I'd have gone with either Kalvin or Domenic, but we all know Adam is nuts. I wish they would just go with votes for all of the top 12. Let America deal with its decisions, which are often bad but less terrible than the judges....what exactly is the show so afraid of? I know Idol does this too and its annoying there also. I guess they are trying to make sure diversity is represented or whatever. The top 8 voted through only had 1 black person and 7 white people. The judges pics had Jej (Filipino) and Mari and Oliv but I'd have to think Jej and Matthew would have gotten through on votes in 9-12 place anyway...

The voting through of Andrew and Rod is both shocking and totally expected. This show/voters seems to support a lot of country dudes who do nothing for me. Poor Kelly and Adam down to 2 each, and John is down to 3 but Celia is only there because they keep dragging her along. I feel like this competition finds talent but is also really good at burying it...

Last edited:

flyingsit

I’m done with this season. It’s obvious that fans of Blake/country vote at a much higher rate than anything else. John’s team was excellent across the board last night, and three of Adam’s were as well (all but Betsy). Whatever.

moebius

Awww... I was hoping that Jacob would stay. I know he wouldn't win, but I always look forward to hear what song he chooses. He picks interesting song choices, that happen to be originally sung by females. Love the pure and soothing tone of his voice which complements his pretty face. Sad that he was picked over Celia, although she was better this week than last week.

Wow! All the male country singers made it through. Note to the coaches: try to get as many male country singers on your team.

Looks like Gyth might be the winner at this point. He had the most streams.

I thought Kelly would pick Presley. She was the best of the remaining members not voted by the public.

Surprised, but glad that Adam chose Mari. I thought he would have picked Domenic, since he has been gushing over him since the blinds.

Glad that Blake chose Olive over Kendra, although I thought he would pick Kendra.

Glad that LB got a second chance. That was sweet of him to join Adam's team (b/c no one on Adam's team was voted through by the public), even though he wanted to work with John.

I think most of Jej's youtube views are from the Philippines. Filipinos love to support their own people. I remember when the Filipinos went crazy when Jasmine Trias was top three on Idol.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Glad that LB got a second chance. That was sweet of him to join Adam's team (b/c no one on Adam's team was voted through by the public), even though he wanted to work with John.

If spontaneous yea, but I sorta think he was probably coerced ahead of time, behind the scenes (along with Kanard).

taf2002

The voters are crazy IF the results reflect the correct votes. Rod over anyone else on Kelly's team? He wasn't even on the radar. Kalvin & Mari on Adam's team not voted thru? Blake has some good people & some bad but 6 out of 8 left? Horsesh*t!

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Mari was annoying this week but Kalvin was really growing on me. Every season I wonder why I only like 2-4 people in the top 12, and this top 24 cull is why...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information