The Skating Lesson

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I see a video of some guy talking about a Regina George complex some gay men have and how they can be as misogynistic as the "kyles" in the frat house.

Is your point to say this describes Dave?
That's what I got as well. And, it might be accurate given his attitude toward a lot of skating in recent weeks. I can snark with the best of them, but his disdain for the current crop of US men and women, as well as pairs worldwide sans the Russians, is off the charts. I noticed his tweets yesterday for the SkAm practices were clearly from Peacock's practice cam - did USFS refuse to sell him a ticket to SkAm this year?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
That's what I got as well. And, it might be accurate given his attitude toward a lot of skating in recent weeks. I can snark with the best of them, but his disdain for the current crop of US men and women, as well as pairs worldwide sans the Russians, is off the charts. I noticed his tweets yesterday for the SkAm practices were clearly from Peacock's practice cam - did USFS refuse to sell him a ticket to SkAm this year?
I haven't been following any of that BUT from what I have seen of Dave I absolutely think the guy in the video was describing people like him.

Sylvia

TBD
Excerpted from the Vivien Papp thread in GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ngarian-federation.109928/page-2#post-6301927
Balazs Nagy was notably NOT listed as a member the 2022-23 Hungarian national team and this follow-up article published by valaszonline.hu on Sept. 22 includes this sentence at the beginning "... and in addition to Vivien Papp, Balázs Nagy also changed countries because of the management."
I had heard that Balazs Nagy may return to competing in pairs for the USA and in this part of TSL's latest video (U.S. Sectionals chat) Dave speculates that Emilia "Milly" Murdock (believe she is the 1st alternate in Senior to Nationals) could try out with Balazs Nagy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3HWGXvqEo&t=796s

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Excerpted from the Vivien Papp thread in GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ngarian-federation.109928/page-2#post-6301927

I had heard that Balazs Nagy may return to competing in pairs for the USA and in this part of TSL's latest video (U.S. Sectionals chat) Dave speculates that Emilia "Milly" Murdock (believe she is the 1st alternate in Senior to Nationals) could try out with Balazs Nagy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3HWGXvqEo&t=796s
That's the name Dave was saying! I couldn't figure it out while I was listening to that latest video.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Oh, dear…the newest (yesterday’s) TSL begins with a 16-minute ad…Jonathan takes over the 2nd chair at about 16 minutes. I fast forwarded. Actual news episode (with Jonathan) begins with Russian happenings (begins 16:09 minutes) and GP Final preview (at about 52 minutes into the episode).

Last edited:

DreamSkates

Oh, dear…the newest (yesterday’s) TSL begins with a 16-minute ad…Jonathan takes over the 2nd chair at about 16 minutes. I fast forwarded. Actual news episode (with Jonathan) begins with Russian happenings (begins 16:09 minutes) and GP Final preview (at about 52 minutes into the episode).

I find their “lesson” is a lot of rambling sometimes and am glad for fast forward. Other times it can be interesting.

olympic

Will they interview past greats again? they were missing only Jill Trenary out of the ladies of the 80s.

I think an interview with Tonya limited to skating only would be fascinating (if she were to tell the truth)

rhapsody

Will they interview past greats again? they were missing only Jill Trenary out of the ladies of the 80s.

I think an interview with Tonya limited to skating only would be fascinating (if she were to tell the truth)

They tend to do more interviews in the off season when there isn't much skating news to report on. Of course there are always exceptions but that seems to be their plan.

As for Jill Trenary, I believe Dave has attempted to reach out for an interview but hasn't been successful because of her incredibly private nature. I think her almost near disappearance from the sport after her retirement (save for a few professional shows several years afterward) kind of corroborates that she doesn't enjoy being in the limelight for whatever reason.

olympic

They tend to do more interviews in the off season when there isn't much skating news to report on. Of course there are always exceptions but that seems to be their plan.

As for Jill Trenary, I believe Dave has attempted to reach out for an interview but hasn't been successful because of her incredibly private nature. I think her almost near disappearance from the sport after her retirement (save for a few professional shows several years afterward) kind of corroborates that she doesn't enjoy being in the limelight for whatever reason.
Thanks. I did not know that about Jill!

Sylvia

TBD
I'm not at all surprised that TSL has tweeted about this: https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/1646165658663526401

I thought he [Zhulin] could sink no lower after his comments about Timothy [LeDuc] but there you go.
TSL's original tweet was deleted that provided more context: "Last night, I got a call from Queen Oksana Baiul. “Zhulin said that Adam Rippon’s d*ck prevented him from being able to jump. He should’ve gotten surgery and become Eva Rippon. I told the Ukrainian press that it was actually Zhulin’s d*ck that kept him from winning Olympics.”

ETA a source article (this was in response to Adam and Ashley's recent podcast episode about Russian doping): https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...sa__Zhulin_o_najezde_na_rossijskih_figuristov

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Russian skating can just stay banned. Every time I think they’ve gone as low as they can, there’s something new. Now he is at the bottom of the barrel with Yagudin as far as I’m concerned, and I really don’t like that dancers are flocking to his camp while he pops off more and more.
Idgi ... why would Adam Rippon's genitalia prevent him from winning?
…. It’s clearly just a way for Zhulin to bring up his disdain for trans people and this whole masculine thing again.

skatfan

…. It’s clearly just a way for Zhulin to bring up his disdain for trans people and this whole masculine thing again.
And his disdain for gay men too. Remember his awful comments about Papadakis and Cizeron. Must stick in his craw that he lost to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information