The Skating Lesson

arakwafan2006

Hello,

I'm just wondering what heppened to their YouTube page. There haven't been any new videos for months now.Last summer they regularly posted.

Also, is there a way to search the forum? I cannot imagine this has not or is not being discussed.

VGThuy

Maybe Dave is working over time to buy a webcam that's not from 1998 and spending some of that free time trying to mend some burned bridges. I really enjoyed TSL's interviews, but some of the more erratic behavior from Dave made me wonder if skaters would give TSL the same amount of access they did before when it was both Dave and Jenny.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
I have such a soft spot for Dave and Jenny, if not for them, I would never know what a treasure Alexa and Chris are...

But Dave jumped over 10,000 sharks with his more recent tweetstorms and I don't know if he can jump back :eek:

arakwafan2006

I always wondered how the athletes and their coaches felt about how two faced and disrespectful to their privacy he was. Ted Flett seems to be generic but editorial enough to get skaters to open up. Dave was messy as hell like Wendy Williams and super tacky. If Meghan Duhamel sent him a private text for instance and he reads it on camera... anyway, I liked adding the gentleman who was a singer. Like it or not it was all the reporting we had. Just wondering.

arakwafan2006

I have such a soft spot for Dave and Jenny, if not for them, I would never know what a treasure Alexa and Chris are...

But Dave jumped over 10,000 sharks with his more recent tweetstorms and I don't know if he can jump back :eek:

What's his twitter?

giselle23

The whole thing is over. Don't even tweet anymore. Forget them. The project has failed.
Dave still posts videos on TSL's Facebook page. They had a good thing going, but Dave is just out of control. He didn't have to be PC or vanilla but he did need some filters in what he said at times.

Xela M

Is there a way to find the thread in which this was discussed? I was unable to locate it myself... :confused:

There was a thread on General called The Skating Lesson - that's the thread it was discussed in

angi

There was a thread on General called The Skating Lesson - that's the thread it was discussed in
I might be doing something wrong but when I look at threads the most previous one I see is from May 2017 and than it jumps to June 2016 for some reason... Is there a way to search the forum?

aftershocks

Banned Member
The skating lesson https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson
His maniac episode (Dave trying to save the figure skating world) was in April, and it was widely discussed in this forum

Did Dave delete all his Twitter rants? I heard about them, but I didn't explore at the time. Oh well, perhaps he will yet live and learn, or not. Some fans think some of what he said had validity, but the way he said it and the format in which his rants occurred was inapropos. Can't point fingers if you are unable to be professional and clean up your own public presence/ behavior.

I wonder re the previous behind-the-scenes dynamic between Jenny and Dave. Apparently they didn't quite round out what they wanted to do and be together on The Skating Lesson, so Jenny jumped ship/ moved on to pursue other endeavors. There were definitely some bright spots and some very entertaining and informative interviews (which I hope will remain available). Their event summaries and This 'n That shows were less successful.

In The Skating Lesson archives, there were also a treasure trove of old interviews Jenny and Dave inherited from filmmakers David Barba and James Pellerito. Barba & Pellerito had conducted these interviews with people in the skating community (including Robin Cousins, et al) as part of their preliminary research to narrow down a subject for a figure skating documentary. They eventually ended up focusing on Johnny Weir and producing Pop Star On Ice. The interviews they did not use had interesting and valuable content, so the filmmakers passed them on to The Skating Lesson. I wonder if those interviews can still be accessed?

Also, is this a totally unrelated site or a revamped site?: http://theskatinglesson.com/

GullyGirl84

I think that I read Dave post a reply to someone on the TSL Facebook in the past few weeks that they are "recharging to prepare for the Olympic season"...it is strange that part 2 of the Linda Fratianne interview never got posted, but his twitter rants definitely seemed to suggest he needed..."a break"....

MAXSwagg

Dave just needs someone opposite of him who can keep him in control and balance him.

aftershocks

Banned Member
It's hard to follow all of the tweets. Dave is obviously conversing with other fans re his comments. So far, I see a lot of provocative comments but nothing I have found yet that's so outrageous he should be banned from the sport. :p I mean there's plenty of remarks that I can see ruffling feathers, but indeed feathers do need to be ruffled in the sport of figure skating. He has some opinions which are debatable, but then there are some things he's saying which are food for thought. As I said, it's difficult to follow it all so I may be missing whatever has made people feel Dave 'jumped a fleet of sharks.' ;)

tylersf

I still enjoy TSL with Dave and Jonathan. They are a little biased, but then again, who isn't?
I am also waiting for the Linda Fratianne Part 2 interview.
If they wanted to make it REALLY interesting, I think he should invite some people from the FSUniverse forum to be on the show. The posters in this forum are very passionate and opinionated about skating, so would be a treat to actually see many of you on TSL.
I would like to ask the room who everyone would want to see on the show.....

SkateFanBerlin

Did Dave delete all his Twitter rants?
Dave said some things people disagreed with/were angry about. The rants were from the people on this forum. If I remember correctly after just a couple of days there were 600 posts. I thought "What could this guy have possibly done to create this post-tsumami"? Oh, Great One do not let them resurrect this thread. I except 30 days and 30 nights of Kim vs. Sotnikova. But, not this.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I think that I read Dave post a reply to someone on the TSL Facebook in the past few weeks that they are "recharging to prepare for the Olympic season"...it is strange that part 2 of the Linda Fratianne interview never got posted, but his twitter rants definitely seemed to suggest he needed..."a break"....

Perhaps Dave is in rehab. :p

Bronxfan

I am grateful for The Skating Lesson. After Sochi, I thought I was done - from a fan point of view. Jenny and Dave got me interested and excited about the sport again, especially during the 15-16 season.

Unfortunately, I agree that TSL has not been the same since Jenny left.

But, I hope that Dave does continue. I wanted to hear the second part of the Fratianne story. And I'm sure Dave will be able to bring lots of drama to this Olympic year.

aftershocks

Banned Member
..The posters in this forum are very passionate and opinionated about skating, so would be a treat to actually see many of you on TSL.
I would like to ask the room who everyone would want to see on the show.....

@clairecloutier; @N_Halifax; @AngieNikodinovLove; @Josh78; @Tony Wheeler; @Jeschke; @alchemy void; @gkelly; @Aussie Willy; @Rex; @Sylvia; @Rock2; @Dobre; @VIETgrlTerifa; @skateboy; @el henry; @Tavi; @Vagabond; @olympic; @Jun Y; @Aerobicidal & alter ego Ivana Komova :rofl:

And skaters who haven't been on before: James/Cipres; E. Medvedeva; E. Radionova; Anna Pogorilaya; Pogrebinsky/Benoit; McNamara/Carpenter; Marin Honda; Courtney Hicks; Cain/LeDuc; Denney/Frazier; The Parsons; Yuzu Hanyu; Gabby Daleman; Jordan Moeller; Sean Rabbitt; Ye Bin Mok; Alex Johnson; Boyang Jin; Han Yan; Max & Tat; Tarasova/Morozov; Stolbova/Klimov; choreographer & skater Katherine Hill; Michael Christian Martinez; Jorik & Loena Hendrickx; Katia/Harley; Michal Brezina; Tomas Verner; choreographer Mark Pillay; Della Monica/Guarise; Massimo Scali; Ryan Bradley; Zijun Li; Misha Ge; Brendan Kerry; coach & YAS founder Audrey Weisiger; coach Eteri Tutberidze; coach Nina Mozer; et al.

I don't think I could appear with Dave, as we might get into fisticuffs, even via Skype (as I would totally have to get into his kitchen re some of his needless snarks). :rofl: ;) :watch:

All-in-all I do sometimes agree with Dave, but often his snarky slants undo the positives of his coverage.

Dave said some things people disagreed with/were angry about. The rants were from the people on this forum. If I remember correctly after just a couple of days there were 600 posts. I thought "What could this guy have possibly done to create this post-tsumami"? Oh, Great One do not let them resurrect this thread. I except [accept?] 30 days and 30 nights of Kim vs. Sotnikova. But, not this.

:rofl: :drama: :revenge: :yikes: :lynch: :scream:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information