The Shoma Uno fan thread - Go for número UNO!

floskate

Vacant
And that's how to get it done. That was so great! Ridiculous that he can go out with a completely different layout and two elements he's never done in competition (I don't think he did 4t3t anywhere else?) and skate clean on the first attempt. :eek: Crazy and worth so much :respec:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Last edited:

kittyjake5

I just watched Shoma's amazing SP! Congrats Shoma for the first ever ratified 4F and
for landing 4T3T! I believe he received the highest PC score in the SP last night too!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And that's how to get it done. That was so great! Ridiculous that he can go out with a completely different layout and two elements he's never done in competition (I don't think he did 4t3t anywhere else?) and skate clean on the first attempt. :eek: Crazy and worth so much :respec:
And, I really don't understand the people who say he needs better connection to his music. Not only does he have the technical chops, I think he's going to be the next Takahashi in regard to his performance. I only hope he stays injury free over the next Olympic cycle and a half.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
What's amazing about Shoma is he has Takahashiness in himself by nature. I've seen lots of Daisuke copy cats in Japan or across the world, but Shoma is Shoma and yet he has incredible musicality & performance ability on close to Takahashi level which is embodied by his reliable SS. Until now I thought I should not expect too much from him on the difficulty side of jumps, but, wow, he declared by himself that he has one of the most difficult jump layouts today. That said, I dare to say quads are tools and I'm not interested in results so much. What I want to see from him is programs as a whole which we can take away for years. He is not cooked enough yet, but getting close to it. Thrilled about 2018 Olys for him.

rayhaneh

4F AND 3A-1Lo-3F from Shoma!! Woohoo! That's the new signatures in his LP! :respec: (I predicted here that this is to come. ;))
There's already good quality vid of his performance here

This weekend has been a lot and I'll probably need half of the off-season to get over it. It's so difficult to predict a skater's form coming off a (supposed) high at Worlds but even at my optimist best I would never have predicted anything close to the two performances he's offered us here. Especially the short program which was his best performance of it of the whole season - and I mean that not even including the whole 4F, 4T-3T business. It's by far the most interesting choreo of his two programs this season, but it's also a lot more difficult to perform and get the public behind it yet he was so spot on throughout and I am so glad he managed to perform that steps sequence in competition as well as I saw him in practice back at GPF :cheer2:

Sorry, I am rambling but it's been a very emotional - and happy - weekend

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Very happy for Shoma. At the worlds he was crying after his free skate (it was really not that bad). Here it was great to see him skate better and even land the 4f in both the SP and LP.

One more season (more like 1.5 seasons) to go before the 2018 Olympics. Can Shoma be a contender for the gold?

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

orbitz

I wish the cantilever was held a tad longer so that the audience could enjoy it more :) The 4f was awesome. Pretty soon someone will unlease a 4loop, and I think we'll see a 4axel attempt within the next few years. The top guys at world next year will each be going for at least 3 quads in the SP + LP combined; Amazing.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I wish the cantilever was held a tad longer so that the audience could enjoy it more :) The 4f was awesome. Pretty soon someone will unlease a 4loop, and I think we'll see a 4axel attempt within the next few years. The top guys at world next year will each be going for at least 3 quads in the SP + LP combined; Amazing.

I love it when athletes challenge themselves. I wish the ladies would be a little more adventurous. They are all skating clean or nearly clean with roughly the same technical content.

Marco

Actually the 4toe3toe in the short is new too. All season long he was doing a solo 4toe in the short and a 4toe2toe in the long. So 3 new, BIG elements unleashed at TCC.

I would say the 3axel - 3flip is probably easiest for him, giving that he has done 2axel - 3 flip all season long without problem and he usually has a great 3axel.

Learn to check those landings and he will place very well in 2018.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
As the commentators said, Shoma needs to work on his artistry/maturity but he has all the tools to become a great champion. He could challenge Yuzuru in a couple if years, JMO.

handomi

As the commentators said, Shoma needs to work on his artistry/maturity but he has all the tools to become a great champion. He could challenge Yuzuru in a couple if years, JMO.
Hanyu is going to retire after Olympics anyway, so :p And actually it's better if Hanyu retires after Olympics if he feels he can't do what he can do now. I wouldn't like to see him to not be able to land quads anymore as he gets older.

Shoma is great, but I actually hope he works more on jump technique, because with all those low knees he may hit injuiry problems

arakwafan2006

Jin and Hanyu have Quad Axel body types for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information