The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taso

Hasn't ice dance been going in that direction for ten or so years now? Dance holds are a lot simpler than they were back in the 6.0 days. Igor/Marina teams were notorious for that when they were racking up IJS points and wins.
I agree, and also I think this year it is standing out in that dance holds are almost entirely absent. I really am missing them this year in a deeper way than in the past.

coralline

Does anybody know why Khavronina & Cirisano‘s ChSt got no points at last week‘s JGP? And why Wolfkostin's twizzles were dropped to a Basic level at this week’s JGP? Thank you in advance!

RoseRed

Does anybody know why Khavronina & Cirisano‘s ChSt got no points at last week‘s JGP? And why Wolfkostin's twizzles were dropped to a Basic level at this week’s JGP? Thank you in advance!
For the first one, probably because they didn't come close enough to the boards. That's normally the reason when choreo steps get invalidated. It's supposed to go from board to board, and teams have lost it before for ending it too far out. Watching it back, they started close to the one board, but seemed to finish not that close to the other. It's happened to enough teams that everyone should know to go really close, but it could be an execution error.

No idea about the twizzles.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
who will be Angelopol's future trainwreck partner ? :scream:

counting down before Kaganovskaya grows 3inches more, shame how this will end up.
she's only 15 years old ! :wuzrobbed

NOTE to self, never ever consider when a guy is below 6 feet tall just to be sure.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
who will be Angelopol's future trainwreck partner ? :scream:

counting down before Kaganovskaya grows 3inches more, shame how this will end up.
she's only 15 years old ! :wuzrobbed

NOTE to self, never ever consider when a guy is below 6 feet tall just to be sure.
She's 15 and you expect her to grow 3 more inches? Most 15 year old girls I know are done with their major growth spurt. Both of them might grow another inch in their late teens but I doubt she'll outgrow him as a partner.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
She's 15 and you expect her to grow 3 more inches? Most 15 year old girls I know are done with their major growth spurt. Both of them might grow another inch in their late teens but I doubt she'll outgrow him as a partner.
Angelopol is 17, guys may grow as they develop later but from his build, I can see that he won't grow much taller, he doesn't have bambi long limbs and legs. I was shocked Kaganovskaya grew so much, she was way shorter even in December 2020.

they are done just as I have predicted many partnerships ending from Davankova/Deputat to the Parsons.
I am almost 100% accurate with partnership break ups

the guy's height is the deciding factor in a successful partnership !
never ever consider a guy below 6 feet tall in ice dance and beyond

Bigbird

According to SinKats, they made some changes in the FD: got rid of Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini part, changed some elements.
They plan to compete at Russian Cup event 2 in Yoshkar-Ola and then Denis Ten Memorial
Expected, I could not understand the musical pairings. An Irish Riverdance and Rach?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Angelopol is 17, guys may grow as they develop later but from his build, I can see that he won't grow much taller, he doesn't have bambi long limbs and legs. I was shocked Kaganovskaya grew so much, she was way shorter even in December 2020.

they are done just as I have predicted many partnerships ending from Davankova/Deputat to the Parsons.
I am almost 100% accurate with partnership break ups

the guy's height is the deciding factor in a successful partnership !
never ever consider a guy below 6 feet tall in ice dance and beyond
Charlie White and Scott Moir will be devastated to hear this :(

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
According to SinKats, they made some changes in the FD: got rid of Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini part, changed some elements.
They plan to compete at Russian Cup event 2 in Yoshkar-Ola and then Denis Ten Memorial
That’s great to hear. That FD from the test skates was worse than any FD Zhulin ever gave to Bobrova.

VGThuy

I kind of like the blind oblivious oblivion program because it made me think that Zhulin got that music choice by watching the Turks practice/compete in the 2016-2017 season since they competed against Bob/Sol at every international competition since the GP that season. Zhulin's best work in recent memory was Bob/Sol's Anna Karenina, and I think we were robbed of seeing it at 2016 Worlds...which is still my favorite ice dance Worlds comp in a very long time.

The Birds is best left to be forgotten. Every time Soloviev did that final bird cry in the ending pose, people in the arena laughed.

Bigbird

I kind of like the blind oblivious oblivion program because it made me think that Zhulin got that music choice by watching the Turks practice/compete in the 2016-2017 season since they competed against Bob/Sol at every international competition since the GP that season. Zhulin's best work in recent memory was Bob/Sol's Anna Karenina, and I think we were robbed of seeing it at 2016 Worlds...which is still my favorite ice dance Worlds comp in a very long time.

The Birds is best left to be forgotten. Every time Soloviev did that final bird cry in the ending pose, people in the arena laughed.
And yet the show programme by Tikhonov and Domnina is just sublime. Zhulin just overestimated the ability of the pair.

When I think of Oblivion I remember Punsalon and Swallow and Papadakis and Cizeron. I just cannot fathom Zhulin could create a program as awful as that when he also did Shindlers List and Crazy.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
The Rach part was 70% of the program, might as well start completely fresh to avoid a further Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information