The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice coverage

Thanks for the correction! :) I'll confess now that I copied-and-pasted something I had written in May 2021 and was too lazy to check summer comp. results. :D

ETA that I even started a 2021 Chesapeake Open thread in the Kiss and Cry 2021-2022 section but only copied out the Junior dance top 7 finishers so Yoshida/Urano's names did not turn up in a search.

No big deal at all. "Lazy" is the last word that I would use to describe you.
Thank you for your constant attention to tons of data. 💪

(I originally had tried to send you a PM, but it would not go thru -- maybe cuz my account is brand new? :unsure:)

Sylvia

TBD
I so love Makita & Gunara. That's a bummer that they won't get another junior season after missing out on so many competitive opportunities last season & this one.
Miku Makita's latest Instagram story thanks Greg Zuerlein, Charlie & Tanith White and MIDA "for creating the most welcoming environment! We hope to see everyone again soon": https://www.instagram.com/miku.makita/

Dobre

Reposting this here from the Australia thread. (I'm in between computers at the moment & need a place to save everything before the next summer dance drama update).
In the Competition Resullts section on page 3: "Unfortunately, Chantelle [Kerry]/Andrew [Dodds] are no longer skating together."

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ For those who don't follow Chantelle or Zachary on social media ;) ... from a recent Hubbell/Donohue article: "Donohue will be moving in and starting a coaching business with his girlfriend, Australian ice dancer Chantelle Kerry."

A H/D article after the Olympics and before Worlds had mentioned that Donohue was planning to vacation in Sydney, Australia in June after the U.S. SOI tour ends.

ETA - posted last Saturday in this thread:
Ushakova/Nekrasov have split, she is supposedly retired although she hasn’t confirmed that herself. Nekrasov is now skating with Elizaveta Pasechnik.
From the Russian news thread in GSD just now:
It is. The Russian federation have an interview with him and his new partner Elizaveta Pasechnik on their website.
ETA that fsrussia.ru is slow to connect but here's the link to their interview (April 8):

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen are in the group photo too. Are they leaving Igor and going to MIDA?

Interesting! Good eye!

What is more interesting is that when MIDA repost Miku‘s story, they specifically cut the group photo.
May they are not ready to reveal it yet.

https://instagram.com/stories/michi...ource=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
And it's now official - see this IG post from Wolfkostin/Chen -

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Does MIDA have any junior teams? I guess maybe W/C, but I’d rather assumed they’ll be full-time seniors next season.

Debbie S

Does MIDA have any junior teams? I guess maybe W/C, but I’d rather assumed they’ll be full-time seniors next season.
I don't know about juniors, but they probably have a couple lower level teams. I remember Greg Z was coaching an Int team last season that I assume is part of the new group. In a couple of the pics and stories they've posted, looks like there are some younger skaters in there.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I don't know about juniors, but they probably have a couple lower level teams. I remember Greg Z was coaching an Int team last season that I assume is part of the new group. In a couple of the pics and stories they've posted, looks like there are some younger skaters in there.
That makes sense. And lower level skaters don't have the same incentives to make social media announcements about their coaching arrangements!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Heck of a height difference. I wonder if they'd consider switching to pairs. :lol: But after what she's been through, I hope it works out for her.

Bigbird

Heck of a height difference. I wonder if they'd consider switching to pairs. :lol: But after what she's been through, I hope it works out for her.

I miss her previous partner though. He was really cool. Does anyone know what happened with him?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
In case anyone missed Sylvia's post in the Vadym Kolesnik gofundme thread in GSD:

Emilea Zingas (his GFM organizer) & Vadym jointly announced their new U.S. ice dance partnership today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdlXGOgLqHl/
"So excited to announce our partnership. This will be our first season together and we can’t wait to show you all what we have been working on! #usfigureskating"

She represented Cyprus at 2021 Worlds and is new to ice dance: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00110372.htm

litenkyckling

She tagged US Figure Skating in her post, so my guess is they will be skating for the US.
If I were them I'd go for Cyprus, only because the US is so stacked. I'm not sure how Cypriot citizenship works though. I have no knowledge of US immigration - but perhaps he isn't far off getting his US citizenship (and perhaps they are fasttracking for Ukrainians?).

Dobre

If I were them I'd go for Cyprus, only because the US is so stacked.
He won Junior Worlds. I assume USFS is going to make him wait.

We don't really know if Vakhnov has been released either. If yes, then he'll probably have a partner fairly quick. If no, then he could be in limbo we don't know how long.

Sylvia

TBD
Cyprus has a Russian-born Junior team - Angelina KUDRYAVTSEVA / Ilia KARANKEVICH (8th at 2022 Junior Worlds): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107927.htm

ETA:
Alexander Vakhnov went back on Ice Partner Search in the last few days.
Thanks for pointing this out.
We don't really know if Vakhnov has been released either. If yes, then he'll probably have a partner fairly quick. If no, then he could be in limbo we don't know how long.
Right.

Dobre

I'm not sure how Cypriot citizenship works though.
It's been a while since I read the conversation in a thread; but if I remember correctly, you can acquire it if you have family that owns or purchases land there. That was the discussion about how Kudryavtseva had it.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Cyprus is the favorite Russian route to EU citizenship. When we were there, every drive we took had big for-sale signs on undeveloped land…in Russian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information