The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

litenkyckling

It would sure be a big deal to Guignard & Fabbri, I think. And it would be a fun head-to-head to see them go up against Stepanova & Bukin for the title if Sinitsina & Katsalapov decide to throw in the towel. (Which I'm not assuming they will).
I think Zhulin has already said they will be there - but I don't think it would be wise of them

litenkyckling

A part of me dares that team to overplay their hand and somehow get Davis the title or have her and Gleb place ahead of Stepanova/Bukin just to get her on the TE. I kind of want to see the world burn in ice dance right now.
no, please, can you imagine the next 4 years if Diana Davis is the top team? Please, I beg, no!!!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
A part of me dares that team to overplay their hand and somehow get Davis the title or have her and Gleb place ahead of Stepanova/Bukin just to get her on the TE. I kind of want to see the world burn in ice dance right now.
You know, I wonder if Team Eteri overplaying their hand like that would somehow cause the rest of the skating world to turn on her enough to drop her skaters' PCS down to more reasonable levels.

litenkyckling

It gives them a chance to win ... depends how much importance they attach to being European champions twice.
I think that Romain has it right when he says that Euros is priority #3 for P/C and that jeapordizing goal #1 - the Olympics - for it would be foolish. I think if your spot is on lock, the main goal now is just to make it to Beijing, titles be damned.

VGThuy

In all seriousness, if Nikita and Vika do compete, I hope they compete well and really pump up their scores to sky high levels just to make the Olympics interesting. I’m not a fan of theirs, I kind of find their high scores artificial, and I really don’t think any other team competing right now should be close to a clean Papadakis/Cizeron, but I also want the feeling of competition and for P/C to sweat, and work for that gold.

Peepsquick

In all seriousness, if Nikita and Vika do compete, I hope they compete well and really pump up their scores to sky high levels just to make the Olympics interesting. I’m not a fan of theirs, I kind of find their high scores artificial, and I really don’t think any other team competing right now should be close to a clean Papadakis/Cizeron, but I also want the feeling of competition and for P/C to sweat, and work for that gold.
I think it is a false assumption that P/C do not work very hard to be as good as they are. They take their training extremely seriously.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It would be insane for SinKats to compete at Euros, especially now that PapCiz have withdrawn. Nikita's back is not in good shape and there is zero point in risking another aggravation of that injury so close to the Olympics. Not even the benefit of sky-high scores and an easy title is worth it.

VGThuy

I think it is a false assumption that P/C do not work very hard to be as good as they are. They take their training extremely seriously.
Of course they work hard and train hard. You don’t get to be that level without working ones butt off. It’s saying a lot that most teams can’t even reach the level they’ve reached when they also train hard and for endless hours pushing their bodies. That being said, I want them to have a team truly nipping at their heels rather than go into the FD with like a 4-10 point lead or something just to provide tension and raise the stakes.

Dobre

Well, I think Sinitsina & Katsalapov's spot is a lock, but they had to have been hoping Euros would be a major step along their developmental path this season. They barely outscored Guignard & Fabbri in their last FD performance in Russia and that was with various judges apparently not even watching the elements before marking down their plus GOE:p. Anyway, of course, S&K looked much better in the RD at Nationals after having more time to work; and one would assume they would want to try to demonstrate the same improvement in the FD before heading into the Olympics.

Peepsquick

Of course they work hard and train hard. You don’t get to be that level without working ones butt off. It’s saying a lot that most teams can’t even reach the level they’ve reached when they also train hard and for endless hours pushing their bodies. That being said, I want them to have a team truly nipping at their heels rather than go into the FD with like a 4-10 point lead or something just to provide tension and raise the stakes.
We've already seen that anything can happen at the last OG ... I am already a wreck thinking about what could go wrong!:rolleyes:

Dobre

That said, with Nikita & his luck, I wouldn't want him & Sinitsina anywhere near Omicron if I could help it. (She had a rough go last time also).
I would be delighted for S/B to be National and Euro champs :kickass: :p :watch::cheer:but on the other hand want to see :babspmm1::cheer2::rofl:
It could totally be a blast to watch that head-to-head so we probably won't get it.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
We've already seen that anything can happen at the last OG ... I am already a wreck thinking about what could go wrong!:rolleyes:

I think about this every time I see Gabby's high-neck, sturdy (but awesome) RD costume this year.

It's my only complaint about her almost diaphanous FD dress. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information