The Craziness Continues

sk9tingfan

I don't have a subscription tot he WaPO, so from the title and this post, I have no idea what you're talking about.
I totally understand, so here's the gist. " Authorities have yet to identify the man, but federal court records show that a jury in Fargo(North Dakota) was deliberating on Monday in the case of Jeffrey Sahl Ferris, 55, who was accused of nearly running over seven children last year and threatening one child with a gun." After the reading of the guilty verdict, the convicted individual slit his throat in the courtroom and died.

mjb52

Things like this have happened before; I can think of two examples off the top of my head and I'm sure there are more. It's scary and gruesome but it's not unprecedented.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I totally understand, so here's the gist. " Authorities have yet to identify the man, but federal court records show that a jury in Fargo(North Dakota) was deliberating on Monday in the case of Jeffrey Sahl Ferris, 55, who was accused of nearly running over seven children last year and threatening one child with a gun." After the reading of the guilty verdict, the convicted individual slit his throat in the courtroom and died.
I hate to ask the obvious.....but how the heck did the guy get a knife?

Sylvia

TBD
An FBI spokesman called what was used “an easily concealable instrument” (yesterday's AP article said he reportedly "had a sharp instrument that might have been made of plastic"):
FBI spokesman Kevin Smith said his agency will investigate whether any federal criminal laws were broken in the incident. The U.S. Marshals Service is responsible for security of the courthouse.
“Officials there will review their security procedures to ensure the safety of the courthouse family and those visiting the facility,” Smith said.
Acting U.S. Attorney Nick Chase of North Dakota declined to comment about any details of the incident other than to say there were five employees from his office in the courtroom at the time and “none of them were physically hurt.”

Last edited:

Cachoo

Again, not sure where to post this, but I was compelled to do so. Recommend making this as big as possible to get the full effect:🚙🚔🚨

Judgeing from the video it was a couple of kids joyriding in a stolen vehicle or somebody wanted for something and running away. But let's look at the bright side: They are nog shooting up a school, church, store or hospital. So there's that.

Judy

omg that would be horrific to see 🤢.

Cachoo

I saw this and just thought, what is this world coming to and what is fueling this misogyny?

Is this something new? I was thinking about this the other day: Why do men harm women/girls? Lust? Control? Insurance/money? And is there a space in history when harming females ceased? Ever? I often wondered if it was less among the Iroquois where women had real power and they didn’t have a patriarchal religious structure. I read there are some tribes in Africa that ban men—they are hetro but they are sick of the bs. Men can be a part of the group if they follow the rules. I imagine women taking the reigns have upset some men who want control. Fortunately there are plenty of guys who are ok with change.

sk9tingfan

Is this something new? I was thinking about this the other day: Why do men harm women/girls? Lust? Control? Insurance/money? And is there a space in history when harming females ceased? Ever? I often wondered if it was less among the Iroquois where women had real power and they didn’t have a patriarchal religious structure. I read there are some tribes in Africa that ban men—they are hetro but they are sick of the bs. Men can be a part of the group if they follow the rules. I imagine women taking the reigns have upset some men who want control. Fortunately there are plenty of guys who are ok with change.
Waiting for the republicans to kill Title IX. I think there's a lot of male anger out there to have this happen.

Cachoo

I wonder how policing would be done and guns regulated. Tempers can flare with people so close together. I also thought about what it would be like to live there during a pandemic. Lots of questions.
So many possible problems especially if it is haphazardly managed….I am skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information