The Carolina Kostner Thread

FSfan107

I personally think Kostner is safe for the Olympic podium if she duplicates her Rostelecom Cup performances even with the same base value content.

...though trying to explain that (well-deserved and well-earned) result to Canadian, Japanese (and perhaps American) greenhorn media should this happen will be a task-and-a-half.

Seriously, I couldn't believe what Hersh tweeted about Caro's skate :rolleyes:, and he has generally had a lot of praise for her.

Areski

Those are some wonderful quotes from Lori.

Yeah I agree. I did not know that her relation with Lori is so close
eek.gif

For Lori ... Caro is like an angel, goddess even
biggrin.gif

Those details are my favourite:

Do I understand it correctly ... but Carolina was working with Chinese skaters under Lori's absence and pulled it off?
agree.gif
And took her son to his tournament, very engaging from her.

Nichol knows no one else like her, unless you’re talking about her parents and her brothers and her family. They’re just the same. “She’s divine on the ice and off the ice in a way that blows my mind on a constant basis,” Nichol said.

About two years ago, Nichol had an appointment for surgery on the day her son was to compete at a provincial championship that day. Of course, she could not go. Kostner had been in town, working with Nichol to polish up a routine.

Kostner stepped in, without hesitation. She took Nichol’s son to his tournament. She watched the tournament on her own, because she didn’t know anyone, aside from the team. And she celebrated with Nichol’s son as they won. And brought him home.
Later, Nichol was facing another surgery during choreography season, and wasn’t allowed back on ice yet. Still, she had to work with the entire Chinese team. Kostner flew from Italy on her own dime “to be my body,” Nichol said.
“She knows my teaching. She knows my mind. She knows what I want and I could say things and she would create them as I wanted, and then teach the skaters.”

Clay

Who is the coach? Everywhere! Everybodeee!
Do I understand it correctly ... but Carolina was working with Chinese skaters under Lori's absence and pulled it off?
agree.gif
And took her son to his tournament, very engaging from her.

I think it means that Lori was at the boards, but could do not demonstrate, so Carolina understood and demonstrated.

msadot

BTW who is your audience here in the Carolina cheer thread

My audience are all those who enjoy this talented winning machine. :)

STILL... you're right on one aspect. At this point, medals may not count anymore. Meaning: she has won so many that one can lose count. :)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Freaking out here. It's after 9:00 pm in Germany. Where is the Instagram post celebrating Bruno's success? #notbelievingtheywon'tgo

msadot

Amazing Free Skate.

Caro's interview (aired on RaiSport thank to manager Giulia Mancini) says she's "fighting" to reach the 250 points at the Oly. :)
"Proporrò dei programmi da combattimento". :)

npavel

Giulia Mancini is not her manager, she did a real bad job in the squalification and did not help her at all. She said a lot of full things about Caro after Caro left Alex Swarzer, who she still manages. The new manager Michela Morizzo really care for her and respects her. That's why she is not at Opera on Ice any more

MsZem

I see the sea
Do NOT skate to P/C music unless you are P/C
Did you mean to post this in a different thread? As npavel noted, the competitive program music that P/C and Kostner have in common is Mozart, and she skated to it first.

I wonder if P/C could pull off the Shostakovich trio she skated to in her SP that season...

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Did you mean to post this in a different thread? As npavel noted, the competitive program music that P/C and Kostner have in common is Mozart, and she skated to it first.

I wonder if P/C could pull off the Shostakovich trio she skated to in her SP that season...
Sorry, yes, wrong thread. I decided to read the Caro article instead of watching the Aliev meltdown

jiggs

Congrats to Carolina on making the GPF. What an accomplishment at her age and after such a long and hard break. Is she the oldest female skater to ever qualify?

I must say even if not at her best today, I am really impressed. She seems to have her old speed back again, her jumps when landed are textbook (those flips and the loop :swoon:) and every movement she does is on point and has a purpose. She looks much lighter on the ice than in the beginning of the season. And she still has so much room for technical improvement. Amazing! Wishing her all the best for the next few months. So glad she is sticking around, what an inspiration!

DreamSkates

Do NOT skate to P/C music unless you are P/C
No one owns any music. But I know what you might mean. When a skater has a program that they becomes a signature piece, any other skater's program to that same music seems "less" no matter what points are awarded.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
No one owns any music. But I know what you might mean. When a skater has a program that they becomes a signature piece, any other skater's program to that same music seems "less" no matter what points are awarded.
Again, sorry this was meant to be in the men’s FS thread. Caro can skate to it though! She has the SS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information