The Amber Glenn Realness Appreciation Fan Page

Marco

The mentle hurdle for landing the 3axel is passed. Right now she needs to learn to focus - regardless of the 3axel, she still has the rest of the program to nail. Seeing how none of the US women are looking particularly strong aside from Isabeau, I feel Amber is doing just fine and working to peak at Nationals and Worlds.

One question - is her lutz particularly strong or consistent? Perhaps it's best that she plans her 3 jump combo on her sal instead? For Nationals and Worlds (if she makes it) I would like her to work on 3 - 2axel - 2axel instead. :D

mtnskater

I love Amber’s choreo sequence in her free skate this year. One of my favorites in the ladies field. The Kerrigan spiral to the back catch foot spiral to the Sasha Y three turn with nice arm flourishes.
Judges liked it too.

Also her new(?) exhibition in Espoo was beautiful and emotionally delivered. One of my favorites of the gala.

SidelineSkater

The mentle hurdle for landing the 3axel is passed. Right now she needs to learn to focus - regardless of the 3axel, she still has the rest of the program to nail. Seeing how none of the US women are looking particularly strong aside from Isabeau, I feel Amber is doing just fine and working to peak at Nationals and Worlds.

One question - is her lutz particularly strong or consistent? Perhaps it's best that she plans her 3 jump combo on her sal instead? For Nationals and Worlds (if she makes it) I would like her to work on 3 - 2axel - 2axel instead. :D
The 3Lutz/2Axel/2 toe was a big point getter last weekend. Skating Scores has a great directory of skater's elements. Her lutz is usually consistent, with some random issues here and there. She doesn't have quite the same level of success with the 3S.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

AFTER ROLLERCOASTER GRAND PRIX SEASON, AMBER GLENN KNOWS WHAT SHE’S CAPABLE OF​

Excerpts…

As she turned from skating backwards to forwards, she collided with another skater’s elbow, suffering a concussion and a left orbital bone fracture where her face hit the ice.

Glenn went from feeling prepared and confident to having it all yanked away from her. By the time she was fully recovered, she’d withdrawn from two competitions and had a week to prepare for Skate America.

“And it was so loud in the arena. I was also thinking, ‘I can’t hear my music!’” she said with a laugh. “The best part was afterwards, getting to see my family’s reaction. That was amazing. But it’s a moment I will never forget.”

At the end of the day, she finished third, winning her second career Grand Prix medal after the largest jump in the standings in Grand Prix history.

Now that she’s gotten the kinks out, has a successful triple Axel under her belt and has had some time to both relax and grind through her programs, she’s a very real threat for the top of the podium.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Okay, I had never seen this before. It's from the 2023 Nationals. Amber Glenn is giving a behind-the-scenes tour of the US Nationals and is looking for Michelle Kwan. It really is funny!

I'm so proud of Amber, and I'm so looking forward to watching the LPs. She really did knock it out of the ballpark!

Sorry about that. I lost the link. I had to go back to YouTube to find it.

SidelineSkater

I would also like to point out, Amber won with 6 clean triples in the FS. We’ve had many other US women’s champs with 6 or fewer triples.

Of course we’d all have preferred a clean 8 triple win, but highest point total overall wins every time.

She could have given up on the 3 loop, but she got it in there. An improvement from SA.

I think she might have been distracted trying to figure out if she could get another combo in after missing the lutz, 2A/2A, and that might have thrown off the last flip?

Regardless. Still so proud of her and I hope she can come down off this weekend and adjust to the time change and do her best at 4CC.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I would also like to point out, Amber won with 6 clean triples in the FS. We’ve had many other US women’s champs with 6 or fewer triples.

Of course we’d all have preferred a clean 8 triple win, but highest point total overall wins every time.

She could have given up on the 3 loop, but she got it in there. An improvement from SA.

I think she might have been distracted trying to figure out if she could get another combo in after missing the lutz, 2A/2A, and that might have thrown off the last flip?

Regardless. Still so proud of her and I hope she can come down off this weekend and adjust to the time change and do her best at 4CC.

you are amazing sideline, love you so much.

Let’s get ourselves to Skate America this October. And we can do more of our circle 🙏

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Happy news:

last night I wanted to make a post stating this milestone as the first out I was going to say queer person, but I wanted to make sure I got the terminologies correct. Even as an LGBT person myself I get confused on the correct acronyms or definitions people use. But yes, that is amazing.

Allskate

last night I wanted to make a post stating this milestone as the first out I was going to say queer person, but I wanted to make sure I got the terminologies correct. Even as an LGBT person myself I get confused on the correct acronyms or definitions people use. But yes, that is amazing.
Amber discussed this in the press conference last night. It's great that she can be a role model, especially for other skaters in her rink. But it's sad that she was worried that coming out might affect her scores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information