The Adam Rippon Good News Thread

Sylvia

TBD
Short video clip of Adam & Ashley being introduced in the audience on NBC's "The Voice" tonight: http://instagram.com/p/iDAEvnPnts/

Michelle Kwan wrote a nice paragraph on Adam in the second half of her Lysacek article (link is posted in the U.S. Men's thread in GSD here):
I watched Adam Rippon skate and I was just blown away by his technical abilities. He’s working on a quad-lutz — I’ve never seen anybody complete it, so seeing him be able to land it with ease was remarkable." His skating is just stunning and he has the potential to medal in the Olympics, if he qualifies of course. His long program is brilliant, the transitions between jumps and spins are seamless, and overall beautifully choreographed.
Probably Michelle meant she'd "never seen anybody complete it" IN PERSON ;) I know Michelle was at the East West where Adam trains now awhile ago to film an interview.

This might be Rippon's best performance of "A Song for You" to date (re-posting video link from the American Legends show thread plus mjames' report excerpt): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjcFG8mw47k

Adam:
The best of the hopefuls, lightening fast centered spins, stunning signature Rippon lutz, amazing height on his split jump and killer spread eagle he sold this number with 100% commitment. I saw some people from where he used to skate in NJ after the show and they commented how Adam had moved to an entirely new level this season. They were really happy for him. :encore:

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Thanks for starting this thread mjames! Adam is my fave men's figure skater this quad for sure! Go Adam! :cheer: :cheer2:

And thank you Sylvia for the links! Adam has the potential to medal at the Olympics - the Kween has spoken! :D

E.A. Week

I adore Adam, and my fingers are crossed very hard for him to make the team for Sochi. The Rippon Lutz is so spectacularly beautiful, it just takes my breath away every time I see it.

My dream team for the US men is Adam Rippon and Jason Brown. :D

care bear

I am rooting for Adam since 2007. Wish him to skate his best in Boston and to make the Olympic team!

bronwynsings

My dream team is Adam and Jason too! I would love for them and Ashley to make it to the Olympics together. Gooooooo Adam!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
Love him to pieces! Have ever since he won Jr Nats....And he is a living doll! Go, Adam!! #AngelBoy!!!

Big thanks for starting this thread!!

Sasha'sSpins

I adore Adam, and my fingers are crossed very hard for him to make the team for Sochi. The Rippon Lutz is so spectacularly beautiful, it just takes my breath away every time I see it.

My dream team for the US men is Adam Rippon and Jason Brown. :D

That's my dream team too! :D

kittyjake5

Thanks Sylvia for all the info about Adam. The confidence he has this season when
he takes the ice is wonderful to see and his skating, so smooth and powerful puts
him in contention for the National title.

He is going to make a splash at his Nationals for sure! :cheer:

GO Adam!!!!

Kelvster

my goodness me. what a beautiful, beautiful exhibition programme from Adam! (Never watched it before)

I liked his skating best when he first burst onto the scene ...

then he had some rather generic programmes (like Rach 2, and even the Bach programme didn't do much)

arutunian is doing wonders to this guy and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Olympic games.

arakwafan2006

I developed a liking for his skating after I would watch him train at the DSC. I watch some skaters pace around the rink only trying a few jumps but Adam works his ASS off in every session I have seen. His mother is a sweetheart and really pretty... yes that was useless info LOL.

I hope he makes the team over Abbott. I respect his decision to work with Rafael. I mean think about how tough it is to have that tough conversation with yourself late in your career with limited time until the biggest moment of your life. The guy realized that the Yuka/ Jason arrangement was not working and went to a super tough coach. I can tell that Rafael respects Adam and it seems like Adam has such a thirst for knowledge and dedication to improvement that it probably draws more out of Rafael during their sessions. Anyway, I wish him the best.

Sticking with that Michael Siebert choreography that was SO opposite to Adam's natural fluid movement deserves applause. I watched them work on that program here so i can appreciate how HARD that was. Adam's the real deal!

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
I developed a liking for his skating after I would watch him train at the DSC. I watch some skaters pace around the rink only trying a few jumps but Adam works his ASS off in every session I have seen. His mother is a sweetheart and really pretty... yes that was useless info LOL.

I hope he makes the team over Abbott. I respect his decision to work with Rafael. I mean think about how tough it is to have that tough conversation with yourself late in your career with limited time until the biggest moment of your life. The guy realized that the Yuka/ Jason arrangement was not working and went to a super tough coach. I can tell that Rafael respects Adam and it seems like Adam has such a thirst for knowledge and dedication to improvement that it probably draws more out of Rafael during their sessions. Anyway, I wish him the best.

Sticking with that Michael Siebert choreography that was SO opposite to Adam's natural fluid movement deserves applause. I watched them work on that program here so i can appreciate how HARD that was. Adam's the real deal![/QUOTE]

Yes, he is. And his mom is a sweetheart.

Sasha'sSpins

Two of my fave Adam programs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP5oHCjAbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTw8A79EKQ

On a completely shallow note, Adam has to be one of the physically most beautiful people in the world. Seriously, when it comes to the genetic lottery, that kid just hit the jackpot.

Every time I look at Adam I keep hoping he gets offered a role in some movie based on ancient Greece, perhaps as a blonde Greek god Adonis, or perhaps in a film bio on Botticeli - he could play/pose as one of the Master's beauties or even as the Master himself!...

Okay, I better stop there. Good thing Adam is of age because I'm feeling very cougarish all of a sudden! :D

Primorskaya

Every time I look at Adam I keep hoping he gets offered a role in some movie based on ancient Greece, perhaps as a blonde Greek god Adonis, or perhaps in a film bio on Botticeli - he could play/pose as one of the Master's beauties or even as the Master himself!...

Okay, I better stop there. Good thing Adam is of age because I'm feeling very cougarish all of a sudden! :D

You and me both luv ;)
I'm a decorative painter and every now and then get to paint an antique style fresco or a classical scene on walls or ceilings and one of these days I'm totally going to model a character on him!

E.A. Week

You and me both luv ;)
I'm a decorative painter and every now and then get to paint an antique style fresco or a classical scene on walls or ceilings and one of these days I'm totally going to model a character on him!

You should! If I knew how to paint (used to take drawing classes waay back in the day, but never made it to painting), I would probably have a thousand paintings of Adam right now. I mean--the eyes, the lips, the curls, the bone structure, the flawless skin (my inner spotty 13-year-old is very jealous of Adam's flawless complexion)--that kind of beauty is just begging to be immortalized in art. Like I posted upthread, Adam won the genetic jackpot. And on top of that, the ability to skate like an angel? He would be utterly obnoxious if he didn't come across as so sweet and endearing.

It's funny to compare Adam to Charlie White, looks-wise. They've both got the blond curls going on, they both have great faces. But Charlie comes across as the all-American good-looking guy next door. Adam looks like he should be painted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

girlscouse62

I am Canadian, but a great fan of Adam. I love his fluid grace. Reminds me somewhat of Toller Cranston in his younger days. Would love to see him at Olys in top five.

Sasha'sSpins

I am Canadian, but a great fan of Adam. I love his fluid grace. Reminds me somewhat of Toller Cranston in his younger days. Would love to see him at Olys in top five.

That's okay - beauty can be appreciated across the borders! ;)

You and me both luv ;)

Please do share when you get to painting a mural of Adam! :D

I would have loved him to play the role of Finnick in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". He is who I pictured when I read the description of Finnick in the book. :swoon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information