The 2018 March Madness Thread!

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
I'm hoping Creighton can go a couple of games :)

Kansas has always been my sentimental favorite. But mostly I want an exciting tournament

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
DH and I play brackets for entertainment. Last year, I got a nice dinner out of it.

ilovepaydays

Arkansas. Because once a razorback, always a razorback. I do follow all the SEC teams, but U of A Fayetteville is my alma mater.

Another Razorback here! :D I think it’s been AWHILE since they got past the second round, though. East Regional looks the most doable - especially if Villanova goes down early.

oleada

My friend at work always does a pool; I have 3 brackets! I know absolutely nothing about college basketball but this is tradition. I read one 538 article so I think I’m good to go. I have Villanova, Kentucky and UVA winning. It’s not too late to bet against myself :rofl:

Aceon6

I don't have any ties to this year's bracket. The Michigan teams have impressed me, so I'm going for UMich and MichSt making the final 4.

Lovemyvike

So, so irritated about USC being left out. They were second in the PAC-12. Yet ASU (who was 9th) made it in.

Aceon6

I got Loyola-Chi correct in my bracket, but I missed Buffalo. I may be behind DH in our little challenge.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
So my bracket for work is pretty much down the toilet thanks to UVA apparently forgetting how to play basketball, LOL :rofl: :eek: :fragile: (I still have my champion though...I picked Villanova to win it all so I still have a shot! :p)

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Jairus Lyles of the UMBC Retrievers transferred from VCU here in Richmond. VCU didn't make the show this year for the first time in several seasons.

Good boy LOL. :dog: (not a retriever but still...)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't have any ties to this year's bracket. The Michigan teams have impressed me, so I'm going for UMich and MichSt making the final 4.

President Obama agrees with you. :) He has picked Michigan state to win the championship. (I hope i am remembering this right).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My two alma maters Kansas state and Texas Tech made it to the Madness. I saw yesterday that KSU won their game.

While waiting for my flight at Seattle airport i watched the shocker of this tournament- the number 16 team beat the number one Virginia. So sad for the Va fans who were in tears! I still don't know who this underdog team is from. (Been too busy for the last 13 hours).

ETA- Also happy that both Arizona and Arizona State (my lical teams) made it to the tournament, but Arizona lost to Buffalo in the first round. :( Now it is up to Arizona state.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
Kentucky is in the Sweet Sixteen!! Atlanta bound, or as one of the Lexington TV stations has called it, Cat-lanta!

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
UMBC is in the Baltimore area. You can visit their website now, it's working. The headline is "University of a Million Brackets Crushed." :lol:
Best mascot too. True Grit the Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Even better than Terrapins.

ETA: Had to turn the channel from the OSU-Gonzaga game. Want OSU, but expecting Gonzaga & it's neck in neck.

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
My bracket is SO busted right now that I'm rooting for all upsets the rest of the way except for Villanova....I still have them as my winner, LOL :rofl: :yikes: :fragile: :lol: :eek:

Debbie S

Sigh...it was fun while it lasted. Good job by UMBC to hang in there against a larger/stronger team. Local news said earlier that UMBC's bookstore did almost as much in merchandise sales this weekend as they do in a year. Good for the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information