Thank You FSU

LordCirque

Thank You FSU! It because of many of you that I have realized what really matters to me in my life and what does not. What matters to me in my life are the real life friends I have that love and truly know my morals and character; the instructors and Professors that believe in me and trust my abilities; my family that loves, helps, and supports me through the puzzle and maze all in one that my life is, and continue daily to try and solve.

What doesn't matter is the opinion that a single person on this board really has of me. You know absolutely nothing of me or of my real self, nothing of my true person or character. You just make very vicious comments and assumptions that are completely unfounded based on a handful of posts and very poor decisions I have made, all of which I have made in my life and will continue to make in my life. As will every single one of you.

Many of you pretend to know me and the character I have but not a single one of you knows me in real life or has taken a real genuine chance to actually get to know me or the person I really am.

Maybe my life has not progressed at the timeline for which you have prescribed for me, or in the manner of which, but every day I start over in a brand new story that none of you know anything or very little about. I am doing many other things in my life that none of you care about it.

Am I a perfect person? No. Have I made my mistakes? Absolutely but please tell how none of you have made very bad decisions in your life you wish you hadn't made, but have to live with. This is my life whether you approve of it or not. I'm sure you would all LOVE to be judged by mistakes while your temper and emotions were raised, your mind an absolute cluster feck, and decisions you made in your teens and twenties. I'm sure you would all adore having that done. That is what all of you have done to me.

My life is just that my life, it is not yours. Your life is your life. I work very hard every day to find new ways to continue my life forward again, that none of you know or care about.

So thank you FSU for continuing to remind myself and realize what really is important to my life, and it is not an internet forum full of nothing but a band of trolls that decided to make a message board and then decide to routinely gang up on members when you don't like or approve of something they said or did.

Thank You FSU for continuing to remind me to keep pursuing my self improvement and my goals and prove every single one of you wrong about me every single day of my life.

I really do all you a sincere thank you though, over the last few days, you really put a lot of my life in perspective.

I am beginning a very new chapter and story every day in my life, that none of you matter in or even bothered to ask to try and read. Once again, thank you for really helping me put my entire life in real perspective in this very heavy time of transition in my life, and realizing who and what really matters in my life.

There are a few of you that this does not apply to, you know who you are, but to a great portion of you, it very much does.

With that I leave you with this, I could practically write this song based on the comments and messages I've received on this board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbYSiLg-0sg

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
With that I leave you with this, I could practically write this song based on the comments and messages I've received on this board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbYSiLg-0sg

Dear Moth:

Please. Our insulting comments are always grammatically sound and spelled correctly.

And I think we all know that you aren't making any money or paying any bills here.

Since you seem to come seeking advice, here's some--the best way to leave is to go.

Here for you always,
Flame

Japanfan

You know absolutely nothing of me or of my real self, nothing of my true person or character. You just make very vicious comments and assumptions that are completely unfounded based on a handful of posts and very poor decisions I have made, all of which I have made in my life and will continue to make in my life. As will every single one of you.

Many of you pretend to know me and the character I have but not a single one of you knows me in real life or has taken a real genuine chance to actually get to know me or the person I really am.

LC, although no one here may know you in real life, your posts are very personal and you go into great detail about yourself, your life, your thoughts and your decisions. I'd call that revealing your real self to others online, unless you are pretending to be someone you are not.

In fact, you share more personal musings on this board than some people choose to share with friends in person. If you share problems and dilemmas with others, you will receive judgements and advice in return - in person, and online.

Also, I'd say plenty of people here have gotten to know you to some extent. Your posts have certainly received a lot of replies and generated long conversations - the last one about your birthday etc. being just the most recent example.

Maybe my life has not progressed at the timeline for which you have prescribed for me, or in the manner of which, but every day I start over in a brand new story that none of you know anything or very little about. I am doing many other things in my life that none of you care about it.

Again, you have shared some of your stories and activities on FSU.

Remember that long conversation a while back when you were exploring your educational and career options?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
So thank you FSU for continuing to remind myself and realize what really is important to my life, and it is not an internet forum full of nothing but a band of trolls that decided to make a message board and then decide to routinely gang up on members when you don't like or approve of something they said or did.

Ah yes, you mean when they call you out for being an entitled little wanker who thought everyone else should pay for his luxury skiing holiday...?

And then react badly when said entitled little wanker uses the most vile disgusting curse word in the English language to describe a person of great integrity and generosity...?

Gee. Somehow I don't think we're the trolls.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Thank You FSU! It because of many of you that I have realized what really matters to me in my life and what does not. What matters to me in my life are the real life friends I have that love and truly know my morals and character; the instructors and Professors that believe in me and trust my abilities; my family that loves, helps, and supports me through the puzzle and maze all in one that my life is, and continue daily to try and solve.
Passive aggressive narcissism, oh my! :rofl:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
LordCirque said:

Thank You FSU for continuing to remind me to keep pursuing my self improvement and my goals and prove every single one of you wrong about me every single day of my life.

Ya'll please forgive me for this. Good grief, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus! Lions and Tigers and Bears!! Oh my!!

I've been a member since 2007. Common sense would tell me if you purposely instigate stuff in order to start an argument, then expect others to either ignore you or retaliate.

Thank ya, thank ya very much! (In honor of Elvis).

LordCirque, I have just one more thing to add. There are several members here at FSU. The ones that made this message board are not trolls that got together and make it just to start ganging up on members they didn't like.

The owner of this board made it because she happens to love Figure Skating. That is why she named it Figure Skating Universe where people from all around the world could join together and have a bond about one of their favorite sports - Figure Skating. The administrators also love Figure Skating or they wouldn't be here.

Not everyone at this message board is a troll and you can't just go around assuming even the people that made this board or helped with the board like the many fans here that contribute their time to gather information, results, etc. are trolls.

So you've now decided to leave this board because you weren't treated well. If you assume things like the owners, etc. are trolls and haven't enjoyed all the wonderful information about competitions, results, videos, etc. that all of us fans have shared (and I can name several fans), then perhaps you shouldn't visit anymore since you seem to be upset.

There are members that also share their videos on YouTube, DailyMotion, etc. so other fans can see those videos that may not have had the opportunity to see them. I love sharing videos so others can have the opportunity to see them because I love the sport so much.

I hate to see you assume things like that because I do believe you love Figure Skating, but if you wish to leave, then goodbye and good luck in life.

I'd like to leave this song for you by Seals & Crofts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd6zYQPCgsc

Last edited:

Spun Silver

I don't think FSU is showing its finest side in Lord Cirque's last two threads. Granted there have been provocations, especially toward Sharpie. But we should be better than that. No matter how loud the opinions being voiced, we do NOT know the truth behind Lord Cirque's posts, and depression and suicide are not things to joke about. (Looking at you, @skatemomaz.)

Lord Cirque, I feel badly about some of the things that have been said to you but I think you have been expecting too much of this board. I hope you find the inner strength, support network, and resources you need to live a good, full life. Truly, I wish you well. If you keep posting here, I suggest you stop creating threads about yourself because they aren't doing you any favors. Just enjoy the skating and chitchat here and get on with your life - it will be better for your mental health. JMO.

susan6

Cool, this gives me an opportunity to add my shout-outs to Florida State University as well! While its academics are sometimes overshadowed by its football program, FSU is a preeminent research 1 university with highly renowned programs in Physics and Chemistry. It is home to the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory. Its arts programs--including film and dance--are ranked among the finest in the country. The university is....

Oh, wait, is this thread about something else? I didn't read the first post.

Artemis@BC

^ Yup, that's pretty much where I'm at too. Though if his post starting this thread is anything to go by, I think I can get the gist. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information