Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

nimi

I'm going to have to rethink my 17-year hatred of Tango de Roxanne.
I think the instrumental version is okay (although overused :violin:) but nothing can make me like those vocals.

But maybe they use only a short segment of RRROOOOXXXXAANNNNNEAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!

Golden1

They should just never be doubted. I was disappointed when I heard they really chose MR but after seeing these snippets I'm just so happy. It really looks like the Carmen style which I adored. Now I really can't wait for ACI to see it completely.

forthewin

I got the feeling MR will be the perfect combination of dramatic and lyrics styles, which only VM can pull it off. Carmen is more on the dark drama side. The opening of MR is very theatrical, but the second ss is very soft. So I think VM has brought more layers in this number than ever. It's so brilliant already. Knock it out of the park, guys!

martyross

just from that tiny segment i already got the proof that Roxanne is going to be more powerful than in the movie. i predict i'll go VERY emotional watching this fd. maybe it will become their signature piece as they truly seem totally in it.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm relieved by these choices! All 3 themes are distinct, and the choices are high energy. I was really worried that it would be a Marie-France special consisting of, like, Your Song/Someday I'll Fly Away (no offense to those who like those songs but I mean a selection of one-note love songs). Plus my second favorites Grishuk & Platov have also skated to The Show Must Go on. :)

The first lift is sick!

irena

I loved the music choices for the short dance, very original and suiatable. I am sure it will be a very sensible rhumba. About the FD I can not get any impression from the short video cuts, the music from the short cuts does not reach me, but I do hope that it is just because we miss the whole package.

elisa_p

I finally watched the clips and OMG I love the first two! I wasn't sure about this music choice just because I feel it's too theatrical but they seem to be hitting that out of the park which I wasn't expecting. I'm really glad they went with something a little more theatrical because I feel like they are one of the few teams to do it with such intensity that it doesn't look "cheesy" to me if that makes any sense. And I didn't realize that till now. So I'm guessing they'll end with Come What May which is softer? I'm very excited to see the whole thing at ACI.

VarBar

I got the feeling MR will be the perfect combination of dramatic and lyrics styles, which only VM can pull it off. Carmen is more on the dark drama side. The opening of MR is very theatrical, but the second ss is very soft. So I think VM has brought more layers in this number than ever. It's so brilliant already. Knock it out of the park, guys!

Now you're talking, forthewin.:D

Somebody please tell Scott their Moulin Rouge thus far doesn't look like a mess AT ALL.

VGThuy

I know people like to complain that Marina set them up for failure back in 2014, but honestly, it's not like her choreography is really that great for the most part anyway (but her finishing and polish is surely missed in most Igor's teams). I honestly do think if Marina knew how to make Seasons work, she would have. I think these clips just show how limited Marina's choreographic vocabulary is. It's fine when she was starting to become big in ice dance but you run out of tools in your bag of tricks. I have a feeling MFD and Patrice have much more depth in their choreography and dance knowledge (in terms of movement) and when they collaborate with other choreographers, it's a real team effort to make one great product.

martyross

if i get the storyline correctly, it's not messy at all! it begins with Ziedler saying "Another hero another mindless crime/Behind the curtain in the pantomime" and then it goes with the tango i.e. Satine's forced betrayal (the crime), and after that we hear the "lovers'song" which is supposed to remind both that no matter what she has to do, they're together.

bbkenn

I know people like to complain that Marina set them up for failure back in 2014, but honestly, it's not like her choreography is really that great for the most part anyway (but her finishing and polish is surely missed in most Igor's teams). I honestly do think if Marina knew how to make Seasons work, she would have. I think these clips just show how limited Marina's choreographic vocabulary is. It's fine when she was starting to become big in ice dance but you run out of tools in your bag of tricks. I have a feeling MFD and Patrice have much more depth in their choreography and dance knowledge (in terms of movement) and when they collaborate with other choreographers, it's a real team effort to make one great product.

This is key to remaining fresh and able to create beautiful and refreshing programs. I am so excited I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS PERFORMED! When do we get to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information