Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

puglover

What I take from this article and the directions Tessa and Scott have taken since the Olympics is that although they still have some common goals, ultimately their planned future endeavours sound quite different. Tessa has always had more of an interest in scholastics, a career in sports commentating, personal endorsement, business. Scott seems more inclined to seeking a relationship, family, maybe a less public persona of coaching and projects that interest him. We fans will have to adjust from it being Tessa/Scott to Tessa...Scott...

Emdee

It will be funny if he ‘gives back’ to the US instead of Canada, coaching in Novi!

Goody2shoes

I'm just loving the idea that Scott is giving back to the skaters in any way shape or form skating wise. Even if he does it in spurts as a consultant or consider it as a on-going gig later on, I'm going to root for him as I do with Tessa's. Sadly, of late, people are complaining he's not doing anything. Then when he's doing something (productive), they're still complaining. (Why? Because he's on his own? Weird..) Note: not here though ... I feel positive energy coming here ... :)

Emdee

He could bring young Canadian teams into Novi.
Honestly i always think he was very close with Igor before Vancouver.
I think Igor asked him to work with teams in Novi, when he is with NK at JWCh
Yes they could. But with our $ tanked everything in the US costs so much more.

Hope he finds his way ...

sap5

It will be funny if he ‘gives back’ to the US instead of Canada, coaching in Novi!

Actually, I hope he teaches in schools all over the world. He has so much ice dance knowledge, and the more he shares with others, the more the entire sport benefits. VM themselves rose to the top bc Russian coaches “gave back” to the US instead of Russia, and US schools took Canadians instead of only allowing US skaters in their facilities. It’s such an international sport.

Emdee

Actually, I hope he teaches in schools all over the world. He has so much ice dance knowledge, and the more he shares with others, the more the entire sport benefits. VM themselves rose to the top bc Russian coaches “gave back” to the US instead of Russia, and US schools took Canadians instead of only allowing US skaters in their facilities. It’s such an international sport.
You are absolutely correct!

It is just that I thought he meant giving back to Canada after their thank you ilderton, thank you Canada endeavours.

sap5

You are absolutely correct!

It is just that I thought he meant giving back to Canada after their thank you ilderton, thank you Canada endeavours.

I thought he meant giving back to the sport, which would mean more than just Canada.

Besides, I think VM have already given enough to Canadians with their tours and parties! ;) VM have fans all over the world! I heard they’ll have some US stops this fall, but what about Europe??

Last edited:

Skate Talker

Right NOW !
CBC radio - program Q will be interviewing them about their new book today. In CDT this will happen right after the news at 10 AM - I think it repeats at 10 PM as well but will probably be available online in the archives - I hope.

Golden1

I loved seeing the hiphop videos, but I hoped to see something besides hip hop for their new show programs. Hopefully they are also preparing a new contemporary program or maybe something fun and silly (like the Italians did so well).

Sylvia

TBD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwqg0hwZEM
NIVEA Canada boldly introduces the new MicellAIR Expert campaign featuring a stunning ice dance performance by the Nivea Brand Ambassador; Tessa Virtue. In this original piece choreographed by Sam Chouinard and with a commissioned soundtrack entitled Fearless, lyrics by Juliette Gosselin & Gabriel Gagnon. The piece tells the story of Tessa’s journey and personal transformation from Olympic Athlete to Performance Artist. Watch as Tessa emerges as a peacock to signify determination, being fearless and being confident in your skin.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Yes she does!

And good lord whoever wrote the blurb needs to learn the difference between a colon and a semi-colon.

Also that "performance artist" usually means someone who does performance as art, as in an art gallery or site-specific activity.

It's going to take a LOT of Nivea product to remove all that body paint on Tessa :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information