Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Shayii

I LOVE, LOVE watching Tessa and Scott cooking together.
And Tessa's oven joke :D:eek::lol:. No wonder so many people want them to be together. ;)
They’re so weird.
Scott: “Careful, the oven’s hot!”
Tessa: “So am I!”
Scott: “ Don’t distract me.”
Me: 🤔🤔🤔…interesting

Anyway the video itself. They both don’t really know their way around the kitchen. I mean their knife skills (or lack of) lol but very cute!

Twilight1

Is the point that Virtue/Moir’s lifts were more complicated? If anything it makes Papadakis/Cizeron look better as they were able to get Level 4 with less effort. :shuffle:

I prefer something that looks like it took time to train and work towards. Organic skating is great... but like organic food sometimes having it is too much is expensive and too :blah:. Spice shyte up a bit...

Why I like the RD. Forces people to actually go out their comfort zone.

D

Deleted member 74551

They just gave a radio interview in which they said the Carmen they put out in competition was a very toned down ‘Mickey Mouse’ version of it and they wished they’d used it in Sochi. Ah, what might’ve been...

Shayii

They just gave a radio interview in which they said the Carmen they put out in competition was a very toned down ‘Mickey Mouse’ version of it and they wished they’d used it in Sochi. Ah, what might’ve been...
Apparently they said it was the PG version :eek: can you imagine people were already clutching their pearls at the version we got already. Where can I listen to the podcast.

believed

Virtue and Moir, who are not romantically linked, told Hassan that what viewers saw back in 2012 was only the "Mickey Mouse version" of the program, with the original being a lot steamier.

"It's funny because people talk about how controversial [the Carmen performance] was," said Virtue. "It was quite sensual and the focus of the storyline was sort of that obsession with sexuality and what we ended up performing was a very, very, very toned down version of the program.

Sometimes I wish we had stuck to our guns and just gone with the original vision for the program."

"That was a turning point in our career, I think," said Moir. "I wish we would have gone back to it for the [2014 Winter Olympics] and maybe that would have taken us to a gold instead of a silver."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/thursday...-and-their-most-iconic-performances-1.4942756
@Shayii here!

Shayii

Thank you I’m on my way to the airport I’ll listen to it before my flight!

OT: Love Tessa and Scott but they definitely use their relationship (the intrigue or whatever) to garner fan/public interest in them.

Last edited:

puglover

Maybe because they went back into training after winning the 2010 Olympics which limited the opportunities they took, but I just don't remember there being even a fraction of the hype about them then, especially in Canada. Now they are everywhere! With all the excitement that hockey players generate here, how exciting to see their names rival Sidney Crosby in popularity. I watched the "Canadian Walk of Fame" on television and it was amazing. They really were in great company with so much talent in so many areas. They sat in the front row and and looked so gorgeous. Many of the recipients were quite a bit older - Leonard Cohen's daughter received the one for him. The camera found Tessa and Scott a lot, good choice Mr. Camerman.

chantilly

Just because something looks effortless does not necessarily mean that less effort was involved.
Yes, but sometimes it does. The discussion about P and C’s lifts not being dynamic or challenging as other teams despite them doing “enough “ to gain the levels has been going on for a while and not just by posters on skating forums.
P and C’s lifts are beautiful and well done but they are growing repetitive except for some new lifts this season. And what they gain in being flowing etc they lose IMO in lacking dynamics and power.

Shayii

Just because something looks effortless does not necessarily mean that less effort was involved.
My dude is you serious? Look I’m actually one of the few (maybe more though) VM fans that loves PC, but no way their lifts are at the same difficulty has VM’s. It’s doesnt matter though because they still get their level 4s and their points but stop it. Nobody here is stupid so stop trying to pull a fast one over us 🙄.

Golden1

With regards to PC vs VM: Come on, just watch one program each and you know who has the more difficult lifts. :rolleyes: IMO VM were the masters of making really complex lifts look easy.

I would pay a lot of money to see the original version of Carmen after listening to that interview.
Thinking about everything they said in this interview makes me realize why I just can't get into ice dance after their "retirement". No one skating right now manages to create programs like VM's. Who else has taken often used music and made something completely original out of it? For the future I hope that they use different choreographers. I like Sam Chouinard but really hope they do something besides hip hop on their next tour. Maybe a lyrical piece again (I really enjoyed "Latch") or something comedic? I would pay a lot of money for a ticket to a solo VM tour lol.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Listen, I get it that many of you have boners for difficulty for the sake of difficulty. For me, because it’s dance making any element as aesthetically pleasing as possible takes priority. As I said just because you perceive something (done by a rival team) to be easy does not mean a lot of effort hasn’t gone into the creation of that element.

And now I am out of here before anyone else says Papadakis/Cizeron lack dynamics and power. :rofl:

puglover

I, for one, wish all comparisons of V&M and P&C would stop. They do not compete anymore. Somehow it seems to diminish both of them and that is a shame, considering what each has brought to ice dance. We all have our favorites and lots goes into that process. Why can't we respect it more?

chantilly

Listen, I get it that many of you have boners for difficulty for the sake of difficulty. For me, because it’s dance making any element as aesthetically pleasing as possible takes priority. As I said just because you perceive something (done by a rival team) to be easy does not mean a lot of effort hasn’t gone into the creation of that element.

And now I am out of here before anyone else says Papadakis/Cizeron lack dynamics and power. :rofl:
Of course you are.

No one is saying what they are doing is easy, just easier.

In their skating they are powerful. But I still stand by my statement that their LIFTS lack dynamics and power.

They are smooth and aesthetically pleasing yes, but they are not exciting or dynamic.

pani

From this interview look like they really intetesting in production there own show. What do you think?
As for Carmen. I think thry mean first version from SC and then from WCh. I remember it was interview from Canton before SC with some parts of Carmen, but can't found it now

sap5

OT: Love Tessa and Scott but they definitely use their relationship (the intrigue or whatever) to garner fan/public interest in them.

I disagree. If they were really trying to do that, they wouldn't keep openly saying they aren't in a relationship. I do see people on tumblr and twitter obsess over whether there's some sekret relationship (some to an unhealthy extent), but I think they represent a very small minority of the overall fandom, tbh.

Shayii

I disagree. If they were really trying to do that, they wouldn't keep openly saying they aren't in a relationship. I do see people on tumblr and twitter obsess over whether there's some sekret relationship (some to an unhealthy extent), but I think they represent a very small minority of the overall fandom, tbh.
Agree to disagree. IMO it’s better for them to keep denying because then there’s still hope they’ll come to their senses in the future (based on what I read). But if they were to confirm a relationship eventually no one would care anymore the intrigue would be gone. And IMO at least Tessa knows their relationship sells.

sap5

Agree to disagree. IMO it’s better for them to keep denying because then there’s still hope they’ll come to their senses in the future (based on what I read). But if they were to confirm a relationship eventually no one would care anymore the intrigue would be gone. And IMO at least Tessa knows their relationship sells.

Sells what though? How many people are actually buying stuff based on relationship intrigue?

I think the number of people who think they are lying and have some secret relationship is actually very small. There is probably a much larger group of people who hope they will get together some day, but I don't believe this hope affects any decisions to buy/not buy tour tix, Nivea creams, etc.

Last edited:

Shayii

Sells what though? How many people are actually buying stuff based on relationship intrigue?

I think the number of people who think they are lying and have some secret relationship is actually very small. There is probably a much larger group of people who hope they will get together some day, but I don't believe this hope affects any decisions to buy/not buy tour tix, Nivea creams, etc.
I didn’t mean selling tangible things per se. I meant interest in them (and I guess to some extension it does give T an audience to promote her sponsorships). BTW this wasn’t meant as a dig and it’s entirely my opinion; it could be wrong. Anyway it’s their lives they can do whatever they want lol. But let’s not pretend Tessa and Scott don’t stoke the fire a bit and it’s all these crazy fans fault that refuse to accept they’re not in a romantic relationship. No other ice dance team garner this can of interest, not even Hubbell and Donahue who have an intense chemistry too.

@allezfred I had composed a response to you but then deleted it because I knew you were just gonna come up with another smarty pants reply (and I do have to hand it to you, you’re very witty) that chooses to completely miss the point.

forthewin

Can't agree more. This is exactly what I think of V/M. I love them each and together. That doesn't change one bit whatever their relationship is. And I have to say, their chemistry on and off the ice is unparalleled by any other dance team. So I can't really blame anyone for wishing them together. Lol.

Golden1

I guess I am one of these people because I would love for them to be together but know that they aren't and will probably never be. However, I adore their chemistry and love watching them skate and just be together (e.g. in the cooking video).

Shayii

Yeah I’m not talking about their chemistry when they’re on the ice. I’m talking about off the ice. Even that HelloFresh commercial, there was no reason to flirt their way through that video. Or when they did a bridal photoshoot. Or the hyperbolic things they say some times: “she doesn’t realize she keeps me alive”, “I might not have the strength to do it for myself but will always do it for Tess”, “I wanted to come back to skating so I could be close to Tessa again.” There’s so many more examples, but my point is they can’t do stuff like that and then act surprised that people are interested in their relationship or feign ignorance that fans would have this reaction. IMO of course.

supergirl573

Yeah I’m not talking about their chemistry when they’re on the ice. I’m talking about off the ice. Even that HelloFresh commercial, there was no reason to flirt their way through that video. Or when they did a bridal photoshoot. Or the hyperbolic things they say some times: “she doesn’t realize she keeps me alive”, “I might not have the strength to do it for myself but will always do it for Tess”, “I wanted to come back to skating so I could be close to Tessa again.” There’s so many more examples, but my point is they can’t do stuff like that and then act surprised that people are interested in their relationship or feign ignorance that fans would have this reaction. IMO of course.
Tessa and Scott are master performers, and therefore master manipulators. Because they have been trained since childhood to be the way that they are, everytime they have eyes on them they are putting on their act.

Shayii

I don’t think I would call them manipulators. I do think there is authenticity when they talk about each other or their interactions. But I do think they’re aware of how it riles up their fans and because of that sometimes they lay it on thick.

chantilly

i also think they kinda flirt naturally.
Ice skating partners especially dance is such a unique relationship.
It’s realy like a friendship, marriage and partnership rolled into one.
They are so physical with one another that looking from the outside, not knowing they were ice dancers, you’d think they were a couple.

I notice this with Madi and Zachary too and most ice dance partnerships.

But yes I do believe V and M play up their chemistry for TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information