Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

D

Deleted member 74551

That new exhibition opening to Roxanne with the lighting is so perfectly dramatic, I love it.

A point in their favour in the GOAT discussion- they might just have managed to achieve the truly impossible and retired Moulin Rouge from figure skating :D

jtpc

Just seeing confirmation on Twitter: Raptors home games next week will be Tuesday, May 1 and Thursday, May 3, so everything looks good for SOI on Friday. :)

puglover

Wow - Wow - Wow - what a great exhibition skate!! And - I agree - anyone who does MR after this is asking for a comparison they probably don't really want to make. I have two tickets for the show in Calgary and both my husband and best friend want to come. Decisions - decisions. Neither are really skating fans but this year they both are.

pani

IMHO, MJ looked even better in Halifax 😊Like dancing energy this two show on ice. And this number looking good for small rink.
And look like overall show impressed audience in good way. Maybe a lot off new fans at the arena, which is good.
Now I will go to compare Shape of You with USA version.

SkateGuard

Just back from the show and it was SO awesome.

Tessa and Scott stole the show. They are the best.

They are True National Treasures and the standing ovation before they even skated just reiterates that.

I didn't watch any of their exhibitions leading up to this because I didn't want to have preconceived notions going into it and I'm so glad I waited to see their performances live.

I loved their "Rock Your Body" program. No one moves like they do and this really shows off that aspect of their skating.

Also it was great to see the Moulin Rouge program. The crowd went wild for it.

I also enjoyed their group numbers. Two in particular were mind blowing.

One is a number that Kaitlyn Weaver, Andrew Poje and Tessa skate together. For about one minute Andrew and Tessa ice dance together. :eek:

It was so beautiful that it gave me goosebumps but the little person in my head was screaming "no!" because it felt so wrong to see them together and not with their partners... :shuffle::lol:

The other number was set in a club and featured Tessa and Scott, Andrew and Kaitlyn, and Meghan and Eric. The song they skated/danced to was Ed Sheeran "Shape of You."

That was one of the biggest mind messes ever as we are so used to seeing P/C skate to that song. :lol:

I think choreographer Jeff Buttle must be playing a joke on us all to have V/M skate to that particular music.

Of course, Tessa and Scott nailed it. :encore:

You could tell that they were having a blast performing everything tonight and totally enjoying themselves.

So nice to see.... :40beers:
Maybe a lot off new fans at the arena, which is good.
Now I will go to compare Shape of You with USA version.

There were actually several chartered buses of seniors that came all the way down from Cape Breton specifically for the show!

VarBar

I usually am not in favor of skaters turning programs that were designed for competition into show programs but as Moulin Rouge has become one of my top three V/M routines, it gives me a lot of joy to see them skate it again in the Stars on Ice tour.

Can't help liking Rock My World and it seems Pani and I are not the only ones enjoying the MJ number this time around. lol It looks even more dancey than it did in Japan, guess it just needed a little more mileage.

ngcskate

I keep seeing suggestions about favourite programs and I’m agreeing with all of them!

Speaking of Bourne and Kraatz, here is some old footage showing them giving V/M on ice feedback. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmpfqkVskOs
This looks like it could have been from rehearsal for Bourne and Kraatz' farewell show in London. I was there, but I can't recall if Tessa and Scott skated in the show. Guess I'll have to dig out the program from the archives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information