Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Shayii

I guess what I mean Deb is I didn’t expect for her to look completely clueless. I don’t enjoy cooking but I still know what to do in a kitchen (like how to whisk for example 😂) and follow a recipe. Anyway I find it more cute than anything. I agree it’s a skill set they probably didn’t need. Scott said once that they both weren’t particularly good in a kitchen. And you’re right actually she could have been playing it up because she’s posted and commented on food she’s made before so 🤔

pani

Lmao! You’re such a hater now (a Tessa hater anyway). I didn’t see any of the clips of her CTV takeover but I did see a few gifs of the cooking segments and they were hysterical. It’s funny but I would have thought Tessa knew how to cook :lol:
Anyway this is a great pic of Tessa https://www.instagram.com/p/BhsZtpwnoBH/
Not hating, just a fact, that Tessa try so hard, but Scott, who even didn't post on Twitter and in instagram, still get more attention.
At least Belbin become sport journalist, not this studied morning shows for housewifes.
I like Patrick plans for the future, I think THIS is balance 😉

manhn

Tanith also hosted really hard-hitting programs such as Skating With the Stars (no issues with that--go where the opportunities lie). If Today or Good Morning America asked her to co-host for a day, what'd you think her response would be?

A man getting more attention for doing less. Unthinkable...

pani

Tanith also hosted really hard-hitting programs such as Skating With the Stars (no issues with that--go where the opportunities lie). If Today or Good Morning America asked her to co-host for a day, what'd you think her response would be?

A man getting more attention for doing less. Unthinkable...
Of couse, only Star is Tessa, who is Scott (A man must been ignore). But the fact is more people have question where is Scott, then enjoy this TV shows 😉
That's why I wish to see Scott with gf and coaching and don't care about Tessa anymore, sorry, just because I love figure skating, ice dancing, but not TV reality shows and сelebrities.

Shayii

Not hating, just a fact, that Tessa try so hard, but Scott, who even didn't post on Twitter and in instagram, still get more attention.
At least Belbin become sport journalist, not this studied morning shows for housewifes.
I like Patrick plans for the future, I think THIS is balance 😉
I doubt that’s what Tessa wants to do for the rest of her life. She’s just taking every opportunity she has right now and I would totally do too if I were in her position. If anything I feel Scott should too, but he’s gotta do what makes him feel comfortable I guess. And that post I made about Scott giving back to his community, so does Tessa. Anyway I want to know where this anger towards Tessa is coming from? What do you think she should be doing instead?

ximianKernel

Of couse, only Star is Tessa, who is Scott (A man must been ignore). But the fact is more people have question where is Scott, then enjoy this TV shows 😉
That's why I wish to see Scott with gf and coaching and don't care about Tessa anymore, sorry, just because I love figure skating, ice dancing, but not TV reality shows and сelebrities.

and that is what they gave you for the last 20 years of their life, that is pretty much 3/4 of their whole life already. Their commitment and dedication year after year of memorable programs. There was even a past interview that they pretty much gave up a lot of normal teenager social activities because they want to concentrate in excelling in competive ice skating. And now they are "unofficially" not competing anymore and exploring other interest, Tessa is now a disappointment to you? Interests that are not necessarily common for both of them. They are surely entitled to exploring those without negating that they put those interests on hold so they can give the world 2 decades of beautiful ice dancing.

Remember when Tessa gave up that opportunity for National Ballet because she chose to commit to skating?

Last edited:

Shayii

Stop it. That’s not gonna happen. The respect they have for each is one of the things that’s made their partnership work all these years. I wish I had time right to make a compilation of all the wonderful things they BOTH say about one another. Did you see the clip of Tessa saying “he’s [Scott] amazing” in one of the shows she did on Monday? They’re always supportive of each other. Stop pitting then against each other.

Sylvia

TBD
More "likes" on social media doesn't necessarily mean more attention. :p

I like seeing all of their different, public personas enjoying post-Olympics life: Tessa-and-Scott-skating, Tessa-and-Scott-on-Ellen, Tessa-the-fashionista, Scott-coaching-kids, etc. :)

ETA from FLARE: We Are *Seriously* Shipping BFFs Scott Moir and Patrick Chan
:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 74551

More "likes" on social media doesn't necessarily mean more attention. :p

I like seeing all of their different, public personas enjoying post-Olympics life: Tessa-and-Scott-skating, Tessa-and-Scott-on-Ellen, Tessa-the-fashionista, Scott-coaching-kids, etc. :)

ETA from FLARE: We Are *Seriously* Shipping BFFs Scott Moir and Patrick Chan
:D

There was this moment after V/M had handed over the flag at the Opening Ceremony and Scott and a proud Patrick just launched at each other :D It was adorable. Hard to imagine future Canadian teams without the three of them.

ximianKernel

There was this moment after V/M had handed over the flag at the Opening Ceremony and Scott and a proud Patrick just launched at each other :D It was adorable. Hard to imagine future Canadian teams without the three of them.

Patrick Chan on one of the articles on his retirement announcement had a plan of opening a skating school in Vancouver. Now my wildest dream which probably have a low probability is that Scott will be one of the coaches in the school. Mainly because I live in the West Coast of Canada :D

pani

Stop it. That’s not gonna happen. The respect they have for each is one of the things that’s made their partnership work all these years. I wish I had time right to make a compilation of all the wonderful things they BOTH say about one another. Did you see the clip of Tessa saying “he’s [Scott] amazing” in one of the shows she did on Monday? They’re always supportive of each other. Stop pitting then against each other.
Of couse she said, because she knew what people want to see. And then she show drunk Scott in Korwa, like best Scott ever.
You asked what she need to do? Maybe nothing, or maybe they need more practiece before CSOI, esp for you, who hated new ex. And it's OK for you, but it's not OK if i don't like Tessa agressive PR.

elisa_p

I’m so sad to hear you say this Pani! You’ve been their fan for so long and I’m not sure what Tessa has done to make you feel this way. It’s one thing if she went out there pretended she never had a partner but she’s never going to do anything of the sort. She is so incredibly generous in what she says about him and speaks so highly of him at all times. They both do and they are still very much a team regardless of if she does solo promos or takes on other ventures. I think you’re projecting what you feel vs what Scott probably feels which none of us really know.

pani

Patrick Chan on one of the articles on his retirement announcement had a plan of opening a skating school in Vancouver. Now my wildest dream which probably have a low probability is that Scott will be one of the coaches in the school. Mainly because I live in the West Coast of Canada :D
Patrick is the best in this, like i post before, this is balance. Scott could do the same (i mean to open his school), but Patrick have GF, who have her school or FS group in Vancouver, so Patrick will not be along, and it will be easy to open school togeter, esp when his GF have expirience in this buisnes.

Shayii

Well they’re gonna start rehearsals for CSOI next week. Why aren’t you mad at Scott though? He’s the one that doesn’t want to be out there. But you’re mad at Tessa for doing her thing that’s ridiculous. Go get that money Tessa! It makes me sad that you hate half one half of VM now.

pani

I’m so sad to hear you say this Pani! You’ve been their fan for so long and I’m not sure what Tessa has done to make you feel this way. It’s one thing if she went out there pretended she never had a partner but she’s never going to do anything of the sort. She is so incredibly generous in what she says about him and speaks so highly of him at all times. They both do and they are still very much a team regardless of if she does solo promos or takes on other ventures. I think you’re projecting what you feel vs what Scott probably feels which none of us really know.
Maybe becuase i love TEAM? Maybe i love there skating? And now we didn't have a team anymore?
Sad, DW have much better PR.

sap5

Well they’re gonna start rehearsals for CSOI next week. Why aren’t you mad at Scott though? He’s the one that doesn’t want to be out there. But you’re mad at Tessa for doing her thing that’s ridiculous. Go get that money Tessa! It makes me sad that you hate half one half of VM now.

It sounds to me that pani doesn't like Tessa's post-career choices, and there's nothing wrong with having an opinion on that. It doesn't change anything, just like not liking their new ex doesn't change anything.

pani

How do you know what he didn't want? But OK, after comeback a lot off people talking only about Tessa.
So you think this glamour is real life? I thought Tessa is smart girl, who never will have friends, like this srupied models and low rank actors.

sap5

Maybe becuase i love TEAM? Maybe i love there skating? And now we didn't have a team anymore?

They are still skating though. They just came out with a new ex, so they're still choreographing too. The team isn't gone.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting and adding the CSOI (ETA: and FoI) dates/cities :):
April 20th – Tessa and Scott Classroom Champions luncheon panel
April 27th - May 17th- CSOI
May 25th - July 1st- Fantasy on Ice (Japan)

May 20th - 22nd- All That Skate (South Korea)
Jun 7th - 15th- Gold Medal Plates (Belgium/France)
July 6th - 8th- Dreams on Ice (Japan)
Apr. 27, 2018 - SCOTIABANK CENTRE HALIFAX, NS
Apr. 29 - CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE OTTAWA, ON
May 2 - BELL CENTRE MONTREAL, QC
May 4 - AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO, ON
May 5 - FIRST ONTARIO CENTRE HAMILTON, ON
May 6 - BUDWEISER GARDENS LONDON, ON
May 9 - BELL MTS PLACE WINNIPEG, MB
May 11 - SASKTEL CENTRE SASKATOON, SK
May 12 - SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME CALGARY, AB
May 13 - ROGERS PLACE EDMONTON, AB
May 15 - SAVE-ON-FOODS MEMORIAL CENTRE VICTORIA, BC
May 17 - ROGERS ARENA VANCOUVER, BC

Fantasy on Ice's 5 cities and dates are: Makuhari (May 25-27), Kanazawa (June 1-3), Kobe (June 15-17), Niigata (June 22-24) and Shizuoka (June 29-July 1, 2018).

Last edited:

elisa_p

Sad, DW have much better PR.

I realize you love their skating but Pani they are not competitive dancers any longer (i’m pretty positive they’re retiring) so they’re never going to be a team in that sense again where it’s very intense and they spend day after day together. Unfortunately that’s what happens after a competitive career is pretty much over. But they are very much a team who are touring all over the place and still promoting themselves at a level they feel comfortable. It’s ok that you aren’t happy with that but recognize that’s on you and not them critiquing Tessa’s friends and her intelligence is way out of line.

Judy

Come on Pani. Tessa and Scott are still the same people. They are both terrific people.

ximianKernel

They are still skating though. They just came out with a new ex, so they're still choreographing too. The team isn't gone.
and let me add, they do have future events that they still do together along the vein of that Ontario Sports Symposium few days ago.

In fact, they are featured panelists two days from now in this event https://www.classroomchampions.org/championchats18/

Shayii

It sounds to me that pani doesn't like Tessa's post-career choices, and there's nothing wrong with having an opinion on that. It doesn't change anything, just like not liking their new ex doesn't change anything.
Disliking her choices is one thing, this seems so personal. It’s like you’re going through the anger stage of the 5 stages of grief pani (of their impending retirement maybe lol).

Danidin

How do you know what he didn't want? But OK, after comeback a lot off people talking only about Tessa.
It's so obvious that agents don't think Scott is good partner for Tessa off the ice. They just don't wanna build anything for the pair. Only for her. And I'm sure that's how she sees herself too. And I'm sure he knows that. That's why he is so silent. IMHO

cgirl8

Scott was a surprise guest for the kids at a CanSkate session at the Ilderton Skating Club yesterday
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2002994639714818&id=146426035371697

He also spoke this morning at a Rick Hansen Public School in London
https://twitter.com/Sharon_Nielson/status/986645182736191489

Here are some more photos from the school posted around twitter:
https://twitter.com/MrsRojasRH/status/986630408635912197
https://twitter.com/MsTobias_teach/status/986605725534142466
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtyCuqlt-z/?taken-by=bperks21

Last edited:

Golden1

In my dream world Tessa and Scott's choices/characters would be put together. I hate the glitzy, superficial entertainment world and honestly side-eye Tessa for hustling so much to get a foot in this door. I much more prefer Scott's dream of wanting to coach and work for B2ten. However, I am a fan of Tessa and Scott and want to see as much as possible of them. I don't get this with Scott's choice but with Tessa's. So, in my dream world, both of them would work with young skaters and be filmed while doing it for a real documentary / (serious) TV show. :D

By the way, does anyone have a video of Tessa's whole "Your morning" show segment? I only found bits and pieces on youtube and the link for the whole thing had sound issues half way through it.

pani

Just dissapointed that Tessa like all this glamour and fake on TV. To be like others she talked before she didn't watch TV and now she is all about photoshoots and TV shows. Is this real? No.
Happy to see Scott working with CanSkate. Tessa will not, this is not about to be famouse and made money.
DW didn't spend all time together, but you will not see them try too hard to not work with the same project together, not to made photos together, when you have good time with your friends. For me it's look like Tessa ashamed Scott, he isn't good enough for her in buisness.
When she was asked about best moment from Scott didn't she have nothing during 20 years, then pay attention again to drunk Scott at hockey game? Look's like he felt uncomfortable when people start talking about this moment, why did she need to bring this back? Of couse this ia Scott's problem he did this, but if she is his friend, why not to try to forget about this?

puglover

As I posted earlier, I watch a program of their's every evening before I hit the sack. Lately, I have had a wonderful time watching MR looking for different aspects of their skating. I have looked specifically for edges one time, then facial expressions, then shimmy and whole body movement, and last night I concentrated on their hand holds and all the marvelous changes they went through that were so smooth and so appropriate to the part of the music they were expressing. They turn programs into masterpieces! Too much to fully take in while viewing them a time or two. I am so glad I saw them skate their Olympic programs live in Vancouver right before the Olympics. It is a privilege to watch them practice. They are both so amazing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information