Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, #46 : Until the End of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
President of the French Federation thinks French skaters are best, would like them to win. What a scoop!

V/M are amazing skaters and have deservedly accomplished a lot over their careers. They're not robots, and some of their performances are better than others. The judging should reflect that.

Heresy! V/M are perfect so they should get massive scores before they even step on the ice. And if they make a mistake they shouldn't get marked down for it because the judges know that they know how to do it perfectly & they shouldn't be penalized for flukes. Did I mention they are perfect?

barbarafan

I'm probably the only one but I think this is good for them. They got their personal best in FD - a sign that the work they've been doing is worth it. It wasn't enough to break the WR - that is a motivation to keep going and get even better and better. It sounds insane that top athletes should get even better, but I believe that there's room for improvement every time for everyone.

Some people may say that MR was a bad choice. Well, even if some of you here don't like P/C, remember their FD last season: it was too demanding for them to get everything right at the key moments. It took them the whole season. So comments like "the battle for gold is already decided" are ridiculous. Nothing's decided. GPF will be a big teller, but even this result won't guarantee the winner the Olympic gold. When it'll come to the Olympics, it'll go down to edges and which team will be able to avoid even a tiny little mistake/s.

Anyway, I'm still wondering how can Tessa jump backwards like that. Wow. And what was that? :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j98eTnqtKaU

Scott says he saw something???? on the cbc stream they showed tech team talking intensely for quite a while...obviously they all did not agree on something..Maybe it was that. or he could have been talking about their performance.

binbinwinwin

The victory ceremony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FSKVltRC-s
To fix the mood a bit, watch the last two or three minutes of Gadbois posing for a picture + Tessa receiving the Moulin Rouge fan poster. :)

https://twitter.com/fslove08/status/929577316585320448
They also got Scott's flowers, apparently the flowers are real, NHK always goes all out. Tessa and Scott have always gotten a lot of love from Korean fans because Yuna Kim said they're her favourite skaters ever along with Michelle Kwan.

V/M
Serious questions: Are you a parody account? Do you get paid per post?
You should be asking Allezfred that. judging how much he posts about P/C and betlittles V/m fans you would think he was paid by dider himself. I am calling out blatant corruption out before everyone's eyes yet the stay sleeping. This site is a so blatanly P/c biased it hurts. I mean come on even the moderator is a blatant P/C uber! its like there's no where to post without P/C ubers jumping down our throats!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
V/M

You should be asking Allezfred that. judging how much he posts about P/C and betlittles V/m fans you would think he was paid by dider himself. I am calling out blatant corruption out before everyone's eyes yet the stay sleeping. This site is a so blatanly P/c biased it hurts. I mean come on even the moderator is a blatant P/C uber! its like there's no where to post without P/C ubers jumping down our throats!

I know who allezfred is. You, however, are the devil I don't know. For the sake of argument let's assume there is a grain of truth in what you write. How does your style and quantity of posts the last few days help the rest of us who use this thread? Do you think it decreases or increases the belittling of fans in this thread? For me there is only one answer and if you can't see that then. I will just assume you are in fact a parody account.

Vera Costa

Jesus, give it a rest. @Cherryblossomgal

I wouldn't worry too much about the drop in PCS at this competition. Even H/D (who competed against V/M at SC) dropped in PCS.

So, I was watching their performance again (of course). Charlie Weasley's right, you really can't take your eyes off them. The changes they are making are working, for me at least. Even at SC, the transition between the two pieces felt off. Here, it felt like they really were skating to one entire piece. In Slo-mo, it struck me how technically demanding this program was. That first lift is going into my top five. It never strikes me that they're doing a step sequence, especially the Circular. They need to work on the Diagonal a bit more, but it should hopefully be fine by the GPF.

I still feel though like that ending needs an extra beat. It's like listening to a chord without the last note.

Goody2shoes

Thank you! For sharing those lovely tumblr posts and vids links :)

Hey, they did it again! I'm not too worried about those slight bobbles and scores. Even if ppl nitpick just about anything they'd like V/M to show or do different in their current programs, I really do think overall both programs have everything I wanted to see from them - technical difficulty, complexity of movements and artistic direction. Hats off to V/M & their choreography team :)

Oh, btw, I just wish ppl also stop commenting (or even putting an undignified name to) that so called "crotch lift". It's not even close. If you look closely at this competition, Scott's face is plastered on Tessa's belly. Better than another ID skaters who btw practically did a crotch lifting (with their hand) lift of their partner.

Also sooooo happy to see C/L...finally! :cheer2:

Last edited:

professordeb

I agree re: the ending. I think that all it needs is the ending piano note of "time" within "...until the end of time". It would feel so much more complete.
I like that thought regarding the ending, especially since this will be the last "time" for them skating competitively

tabby cat

I will just assume you are in fact a parody account.
I think this is the answer - parody account. Way too coincidental that this poster showed up when they did, spouting all the crap V/M ubers supposedly believe, at least according to other teams ubers.

As for Allezfred, I find it weird and more than a little disturbing how obsessed he seems to be with Tessa's vagina. Shouldn't he be concentrating on Willy's "willy" instead like the good crazy uber that he is? I noticed with all the COC wordplay in the titles last week, not a mention of poor Guillaume (William).:saint:

As for the actual programs skated this weekend by V/M, I thought they were fabulous and have come a long way from ACI. They still have things they can work on but all in all they look to be in good shape heading into the Olympics. I noticed they got a standing ovation from the Japanese fans for both programs so I guess that answers the question of what the audience outside of Canada thinks of their programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee2010

Could someone tell me which is the best online site to find out when they skate next and to keep track of them “officially,” please? For instance, is there somewhere that tells us whether they will be going to France Nov. 17-19 and/or to Lake Placid on Nov. 24-26?

Isabelle.G

Could someone tell me which is the best online site to find out when they skate next and to keep track of them “officially,” please? For instance, is there somewhere that tells us whether they will be going to France Nov. 17-19 and/or to Lake Placid on Nov. 24-26?
I guess there are better sites, but I can recommend Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_ISU_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating
If you scroll down a bit to schedule and if you click on each event, there's a chart with skaters who are supposed to attend that particular event. :)

kittysk8ts

They will be at neither of those. Their next event will be the Grand Prix Final in December and then Canadian Championships in January.

Here is a wonderful tumblr site that is always up to date with information.

http://mysticseasons.tumblr.com/

Lee2010

Thank you so much, Isabelle.G, kittysk8ts and Sylvia – these are wonderful resources! I hadn’t visited the first two, but I’m familiar with iggie’s blog – or perhaps I should say that I thought I was! There was the list of their competitions for 2017-2018 right at the top of the page! I’ve bookmarked these sites and put the dates on my calendar, so I should be good to go! Thanks again!

dramagrrl

Ohhhhh, Riverdance!! I know it wasn't "all that difficult" per se, but I lurved (and still lurve) that music. Whenever I hear someone skating to Riverdance it takes me back to the 1990's
Pffft, screw people's revisionist history of "not that difficult". I will love that program (especially the triumphant performance at Worlds) forever. B&K FOR LIFE. :cheer:

professordeb

Pffft, screw people's revisionist history of "not that difficult". I will love that program (especially the triumphant performance at Worlds) forever. B&K FOR LIFE. :cheer:
I think I might have missed a couple of words in my post as in it should have read "many thought it wasn't all that difficult". It will always be one of my favourite pieces they skated.

dramagrrl

I think I might have missed a couple of words in my post as in it should have read "many thought it wasn't all that difficult". It will always be one of my favourite pieces they skated.
Oh, I think I automatically assumed you didn't agree with the haters! I was directing the revisionist history comment to all the ice dance fans or bandwagon-jumping later ice dance fans who decided way after the bloc judging stuff came about that the program not being difficult enough was the reason why they were suddenly dropping in ranking.

Golden1

Did anyone else get a little bit nostalgic seeing the pics and articles from their last media day? My highlights: I thought it was interesting to read that Scott plans to stay in Montreal for a couple years after the Olympics. I can't wait to find out what their plans are for the future. Maybe coaching at Gadbois? And the pic with Scott doing the interviews in socks was hilarious and so Scott.

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Did anyone else get a little bit nostalgic seeing the pics and articles from their last media day? My highlights: I thought it was interesting to read that Scott plans to stay in Montreal for a couple years after the Olympics. I can't wait to find out what their plans are for the future. Maybe coaching at Gadbois? And the pic with Scott doing the interviews in socks was hilarious and so Scott.
Is there a link?

Japanfan

One of mine too. I loved B&K. They were willing to take risks with their music choices. Though not surprisingly, it was a classical number that finally earned them their world title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information