Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I just want to see Stolbova/Klimov land that 3/3 combo.

It will be interesting to see which of Aliev, Samarin and Kolyada decide they want to go to the Olympics.

I'm torn between Caro getting another European medal and seeing a Russian sweep that will send fear through the Canadian fans. And worry through Japanese fans. US fans will be worrying about the US skaters gofundme pages to send their brother's best friend's dog to Korea.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Someone having her patriotic moment :40beers:

Living in another continent and watching so many nationals may be the cause ;)
But the truth is, my skating wishes so far are happening this season so I have to push hard for even more delusional ones :gallopin1 hence #Italy4TeamBronze :p

J

Jeschke

Short #ttw preview of Euros (the event of the year, after Nebelhorn of course) :40beers:

Stasia - Hope dies last for last minute entrance :drama:
Lecavelier - Sorry, Grease 2.0 is so 'Je suis malade' 2.0 for me --> does not work --> #teammbm (that I would ever say that :eek:)
Perkova - #missionmercedes2022
Peltonen - Get that olympic spot :respec:
Schott - Crack Top8 (too afraid to say Top6), secure the worlds spot! I cannot handle more drama, so please, stay on your feet :drama:
Aliev - Fight #gingersoldier, fight!
Aymoz - who?
Brezina - who? :EVILLE:
Samohin - What happens this time? Outta the last 2 groups he is my only 'hope' for Germany to crack Top12 and remain 2 spots (not that we would need anymore :p) #whitewolfblackwolf
J/C - It's a wrap! Enjoy the finale ride!
C/B - that I was soft enough to let them in :wall:
FB/S - twizzle for your life!
TM2 - Flower bouquet girl it is! :glamor:

-

#teammonko - Top8 please :respec:
Naurits - FS or abs, I am pleased with both :cool:
Liebers - Skate lights out in your final event!
Fentz - 2spots:respec: Don't lose this to Liebers!
Rizzo - :smokin:
Samarin - Silver!
Paniot - puppy#1, 2spots please :drama:
Klotz - who?
Dastich - Smile for your life!
Kostner - Gold, just for the drama in Russia please! :D
Grm - Give it to me!
Algotsson - skateoff? who gets the spot? @SmallFairy ?
Hocke/Blommaert - 2 spots please!
Z/E - #missionbronze
S/K - #missiongold
L/P - 2 spots please!
C/L - #missionbronze (has to be enough here), #missiongold at worlds :p
Bob - #missiongold :glamor:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:gallopin1
Slay Dasa

THIS.

Perkova - #missionmercedes2022

u drunk?

too afraid to say Top6

still drunk? schott for top 5! get those world standing pts, girl!

C/B - that I was soft enough to let them in

i knew i wasn’t the only one who ubers chock/bates here!

Naurits - FS or abs, I am pleased with bot

all of the above

Klotz - who?

mambo italiano, klotz-style, is definitely one of the highlights of the season!

Grm - Give it to me!

SLAY DASA! PLEASE MAKE THE CUT! (if she doesn’t, be prepared for lots of drama in here)

S

SmallFairy

@Jeschke I don't know about the Swedish criteria. Skate Sweden writes nothing about it, they're most busy with Synchro worlds:p My coach didn't know either.

The Swedish Olympic committee's website has a list of the athletes already chosen to go to Korea. No figure skaters yet, but it says there's two more selection dates; January 17th and January 23rd, though skating is not mentioned specifically as one of the sports still waiting for a selection.

I guess it makes sense that Euros is the tier, but we don't even know if anyone will be send. I guess there's hope, because both Matilda and Anita are very young and "the future", hopefully. More concerned about Majorov and his behind....

S

SmallFairy

Ok, I found an article about the Swedish Olympic selection:
http://www.gp.se/sport/duell-om-os-plats-i-em-bra-för-oss-båda-1.4946037

Quotes:
"Euros will decide whether the Swedish Olympic committee will send any figure skaters to the OG, and if Östlund or Algotsson is chosen"

"In the mens event Alexander Majorov is chosen to compete. He needs to show good results at Euros to get a ticket to Pyeongchang."

"For our three singles skaters Euros will be one of the seasons most important competitions. There they have the chance to meet the criterias and be selected to the OG. For Anita it will be her first Euros, her skating has matured a lot, even during this season. For Matilda it's her third Euros. We're sending a strong trio to Russia" says Anna Hörnqvist, sport manager in the Swedish figure skating association.

So, it's those criterias again....

S

SmallFairy

In another article Matilda says it's been some tough months. She moved to Tibro to train with Joshi, and it worked out very well, it was inspiring to have a training mate on the same level and they were pushing each other. Then Joshi retired. Matilda felt very lonely and needed to sort her head out. She says she skates because it's what she loves most in the world. It was hard for her when all the focus was on results. She praise her coaches and their support, and says she will work with a sport psychologist to get her right focus back, but she's positive it will be ok. The article was published December 27th, so hopefully she'll be back on track by now. Go Matilda!!

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
BabyRizzo in last group! I don't expect that to hold, but it's cool for him and if he skates well he can aim at top8.
:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information