Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Bellanca

I sincerely hope T&M rethink their entire FS program or at least adjust. If test skates work the way they are intended to, then someone should be giving them the honest feedback and guidance that they’ll require, or need, at this point. It is the Olympic year, no second-guessing. If it is not working … start fresh. No retreads, if possible.

Go T&M! :cheer2: :cheer2:

DobrinFan

Evgenia Tarasova: "The free program of this season is the heaviest for our pair"

Russian figure skater Yevgenia Tarasova , who was paired with Vladimir Morozov , spoke about the difficulties in the preparation of an arbitrary program this season.

- The free program of this season is the most physically difficult of all that our pair has done before, - the correspondent of "Match TV" Sergey Lisin reports the words of the figure skater. - The program is very tempo, there is no possibility to rest, so it requires high physical readiness. That's why, after these control rentals, we will collect feedback from experts and judges to make adjustments to the preparation and fully roll out this program for the first start of the season - the tournament Nebelhorn Trophy 2017, which will be held from September 27 to 30 in Oberstdorf, Germany.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...togo_sezona__samaja_tazholaja_dla_nashej_pary

Seerek

The Candyman section is fine, but then another Christina song from Back to Basics (Naughty Nasty Boy) afterwards? It's just so not them.

Considering how frantic it is, good luck to them trying to keep up/catch up to this program if they make even one mistake...

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Great job in the SP at the GPF. She saved the sbs triple. The rest was Clean! Loved the throw 3R and the 3 twist. This kind of music really suits them.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

The SP works really well for them! At first I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it actually isn't bad at all! I really was shocked by the mistakes in the FS. They're so consistent. But they'll bounce back. Next stop: Russian Nationals!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I feel frustrated about their music choices and programs. When they don't skate clean, they lose that advantage too. The LP in the GPF was really awful, and they finished in 5th place. What would it take for these two to realize their tremendous potential?

arakwafan2006

Nina should have sent this team to Marie-France instead of Stolbova Klimov. Even Camerlengo. This team is easy to not take serious because of the music but their elements... they are best in class. I mean, the lifts, and the THROWS!!! Her Throw Loop in the short... I don't even think Elena Berezhnaya could touch it. That free combined with the 80's Tatiana Tarasova style choreography... then of course, they called up Ilia Kulik and reused his costume. They deserve so much better because the polish of the elements alone has a refinement that is like no other.

With their classical style, they should be the easiest to choreograph for.Why mask what they do better than anyone?

Mad for Skating

They are so classic Russian pair when it comes to elements, they could be a Gordeeva and Grinkov if they were given good programs!

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
I really like them as a pair, but I don't know if this LP can take them very far even if they nail it.

I hope they have another clean, confident skate in the free and let the chips fall where they may, BUT. More importantly, I hope that they get two flattering, intricate programs that suit them next season and dominate. I have so little faith in the Russian fed's judgement, though...

On to the Aguilera program first, I guess :yikes:

On a totally irrelevant note, I was weirdly chuffed to learn they're a couple. They look good together <3 (But don't channel it at all, see: bad choreo.)

Last edited:

oz01

Best Olympic SP for me since B/S’ SP 16 years ago. They should be 1st after SP. As much as I dislike their LP, I hope they win GOLD tomorrow. Judges didn’t seem to mind their Candyman program this season when they could deliver technically. Fingers crossed that they will be clean tomorrow. They deserve so much more than the LP and the costumes.

Amy L

I was weirdly chuffed to learn they're a couple. They look good together <3 (But don't channel it at all, see: bad choreo.)

They don't really advertise that about themselves, and of course NBC doesn't care about them since they're not American, so it's not going to get a mention every 4 seconds. I only guessed that about them at the medal ceremony for their 1st Euro title, when they were looking at each other with gooey love eyes. :biggrinbo When I looked for Russian articles about them, apparently they've been dating since they were paired together 6 years ago. As for them not channeling it in their skating, I don't know if it's 100% to blame on their choreo. Since the start of the team event, with the look of laser-focused determination AND pukeyfaced nervous horror, I think the pressure of competition really takes a toll on them.

However, the exhibition program they've been using for the past 2+ years is pretty cute. It's no masterpiece, but they do show a lot of chemistry.

Best Olympic SP for me since B/S’ SP 16 years ago.

Oh... :BNS1:. Their SLC SP was amazing, it's still my favorite pairs SP ever. Those two gave me so many near nervous breakdowns that I used up all of my uberdom on them. I really love T/M due to their pure Russian elements, but I just can't love them like I loved B/S.

As much as I dislike their LP, I hope they win GOLD tomorrow. Judges didn’t seem to mind their Candyman program this season when they could deliver technically. Fingers crossed that they will be clean tomorrow. They deserve so much more than the LP and the costumes.

When they're really on, they really rattle through that program. I hate the program, but I can admire how they can keep going like that nonstop. And when it's not on... like the GPF... just a giant mess. I don't mind the costumes as much as other people do, they're oddly juvenile but they only get a 'meh' from me, but the rest of FSU seems to :soapbox: about the polka dots.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I really like them as a pair, but I don't know if this LP can take them very far even if they nail it.

I hope they have another clean, confident skate in the free and let the chips fall where they may, BUT. More importantly, I hope that they get two flattering, intricate programs that suit them next season and dominate. I have so little faith in the Russian fed's judgement, though...

On to the Aguilera program first, I guess :yikes:

On a totally irrelevant note, I was weirdly chuffed to learn they're a couple. They look good together <3 (But don't channel it at all, see: bad choreo.)

I don't see the need to show their Coupleness in their programs. They have been an off ice couple for quite sometime, and they do show affection. I don't feel that a pairs or ice dance program must be romantic. It was different for G&G and it took them some years to start sharing their relationship with the audience, that is after they turned pro. It looked natural, and not forced when they reached that point. T&M may or may not want to do that. Actually i feel a bit uncomfortable when Sk&K are so open about their love on the ice. I guess i am just someone who prefers privacy.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Amazing! They are just on. Hope they can keep it for the FS. Such clean and sure element of the highest quality. Incredible skating skills, crisp edges, great speed.

This is why i feel that they deserved higher marks than Sui Han who were also very good but not as perfect technically as T&M. Since the team event they seem like a pair that has suddenly discovered themselves. They appear more confident than ever before. I hope that carries into their LP tonight.

3T3T

I think both their SP performances in PyeongChang have been outstanding. A real demonstration of all that is great about Pairs skating. The twist, jumps, throws and lifts have been superb. They have tones of speed, attack and belief these last few days. I wish them the best of luck tonight, I would be happy to see them on top of he Olympic podium.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
T&M are skating last in the LP, right after S&H. I think it will be an exciting competition, win or lose (but I hope T&M win, and i don't care what music they skate to, or what they wear)

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
I don't see the need to show their Coupleness in their programs. They have been an off ice couple for quite sometime, and they do show affection. I don't feel that a pairs or ice dance program must be romantic. It was different for G&G and it took them some years to start sharing their relationship with the audience, that is after they turned pro. It looked natural, and not forced when they reached that point. T&M may or may not want to do that. Actually i feel a bit uncomfortable when Sk&K are so open about their love on the ice. I guess i am just someone who prefers privacy.

I don't know what your definition of a romantic programme is--I'd say completely non-romantic programmes are actually relatively rare--but the current FS is definitely supposed to be playful and sexy, yet it falls flat in that respect. Not because they can't do sexy, but because the programme is not good.

I'm not asking for Virtue/Moir-style ice ****ing but for choreo that they can connect to. A polished package, i.e. well choreographed programmes, good musical choices (like the Rach SP, which suits them) and stylish costumes, can really make them shine.

Amy L

Poor kids. :fragile:

I did want Queen Aliona to finally get her gold, but I wanted it to be cleaner skates. (and so close that it'd be obvious that T/M should win with better programs to make it clear finally to the Rus Fed... :slinkaway)

I don't know about Moskvina. She hasn't had a real competitive pair in a while. Boikova/Kozlovsky did well at Sr Nats, then bombed Jr Nats. Moskvina, for all the hypnotizing, has never actually been that great with headcases. Headcases gonna headcase...

MAXSwagg

Poor kids. :fragile:

I did want Queen Aliona to finally get her gold, but I wanted it to be cleaner skates. (and so close that it'd be obvious that T/M should win with better programs to make it clear finally to the Rus Fed... :slinkaway)

I don't know about Moskvina. She hasn't had a real competitive pair in a while. Boikova/Kozlovsky did well at Sr Nats, then bombed Jr Nats. Moskvina, for all the hypnotizing, has never actually been that great with headcases. Headcases gonna headcase...

It won't make a difference whether it's Mozer or Moskvina. Elena and Anton continuously had mistakes throughout their career.

Amy L

Yes, but B&S did have some truly :psoty::glamor::swoon: programs. Admittedly, there was also some clunkers as well. But you could tell what their style was supposed to be, and they were always 'them'. I don't think anyone has helped T/M with that. They know what they're good at, but no one has pointed them in a direction to really put it all together. Giant elements, classic Russian style... shouldn't people WANT these things, why have they been given long programs (all 4 senior long programs so far) that seem to actually be working AGAINST them?

Cherub721

YEAH!
Yes, but B&S did have some truly :psoty::glamor::swoon: programs. Admittedly, there was also some clunkers as well. But you could tell what their style was supposed to be, and they were always 'them'. I don't think anyone has helped T/M with that. They know what they're good at, but no one has pointed them in a direction to really put it all together. Giant elements, classic Russian style... shouldn't people WANT these things, why have they been given long programs (all 4 senior long programs so far) that seem to actually be working AGAINST them?

One person I would truly love to hear from is Robin Szolkowy. I'd love an honest conversation with him. Did he sign off on these programs? Why did they bring in Gaszi to do a totally unvoidy program last year? Does Robin have any input at all?

I really wanted Aljona to win a gold medal but T&M's placement just has me so bummed out. I wanted them to at least be on the podium. And as inconsistent as they are they typically skated pretty well at Worlds every year, so I thought they could pull it together. But it must have been so hard with their teammates being kicked off the team, uncertainty of possibly having to do both phases of the Team Event, and probably less attention from their head coach.

NAOTMAA

It's true Elena and Anton constantly made mistakes but they were packaged to perfection and still won many medals. And when your packaged the right way things still can go your way, it won't just collapse. The right package can give you a boost even on your worst day while the wrong one can sink you completely. Don't give the judges any reason to dump you! T/M have unfortunately done that for multiple seasons

MAXSwagg

It's true Elena and Anton constantly made mistakes but they were packaged to perfection and still won many medals. And when your packaged the right way things still can go your way, it won't just collapse. The right package can give you a boost even on your worst day while the wrong one can sink you completely. Don't give the judges any reason to dump you! T/M have unfortunately done that for multiple seasons

T/M consistently get components in the 9s though. They had two major mistakes and still am sot got the third highest PCS. Which mostly shows that the judges don't really pay attention to programs. Even Max said they took out transitions in JCS and the judges gave them HIGHER transitions marks.

But I am just at a loss for what to do with T/M. Their Rach SP was great, so perhaps they just need more dramatic programs...

Elkmaria

I hoped against hope that they would still cling on that podium - for purely sentimental reasons, because their free was unfortunately close to a meltdown :( Anyway, they are still young and still have time to accomplish much more. I'd love them to stick to classical music, it works so well with their great lines, skating skills and perfect elements. I actually like their Rach program and hope they will continue in this direction. It is not easy to find connection to classical music, but it is always impressive when a classical program works.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Serves them right for sticking with Candyman and dying with it. Why couldn't they and their team accept that was not their style? This is the podium I wanted, and I'm completely happy that it came out the way I'd hoped. The only other result which would have been tremendous is J/C landing in third, but 5th place is also a bonus for them, as I think their spirits had been dampened over the course of the season being lowballed by the judges.

In Pyeongchang, the judges overscored so many teams in the sp, and obviously those numbers came down for many in the fp, but not far enough for some teams who had rather poor showings. The Canadian teams were all excellent.

T/M desperately need help finding something more worthy of them, and learning how to bring out their connection on the ice. They are just not soulful at all. And when they skate great, there's still something lacking, but they've been so over-rewarded in the marks generally. I'm so glad they were properly dinged this time for another sad fp performance.

What would fans suggest T/M do for next season? They seriously need to ask for ideas, like Cain/LeDuc did.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I can be critical in a cheer thread @Spun Silver. I haven't relentlessly torn T/M down. I'm being honest. I have often said, T/M need programs that are worthy of them. When is that going to happen, do you think? And what would T/M fans suggest they skate to? If that's not being positive under the circumstances of their poor fp, I really don't know what else to say.

T/M are cute and sweet up close and personal, with a bit of Russian reserve. I met them at Skate America 2016. They are quite an attractive couple and they seem made for each other. I think we forget they are fairly young and they need more experience. They also need to find out who they are together or they can't really show it on the ice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information