Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Mad for Skating

Nice Instagram post from Maxim Trankov:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmohr-xAY04/?taken-by=xam_trankov

From Google translate: "I continue to understand the profession of a coach. It is important not only to stand at the edge and prescribe the plan of each training, but also properly organize the recovery and psychological relief. We work further. Only forward- #tarasovamorozov #teamNoname"

Lovely post and picture!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Vlad & Evgenia rumored sp music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhCd1W2V0Q

Alright. One thing I know for sure is, T/M hella better bring it or go home. :watch::eek: :p :rollin:

You guys got sumpin' to live up to, and def sumpin' to prove with this choice. LKravitz ain't no slouch -- he always bring his MF A-game...

Apparently T/M ain't touchin' the lyrics, just the instruments :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNTv5avjKbg
Tee hee -- Was this music Max's or Robin's idea? :p

Confirmation anyone? Choreographer please stand up and identify yo'self! :D

And this rumored change of pace for T/M's fp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d5m6_Zwj5c The Winter - Balmorhea
Umm, and why didn't you ditch that nasty Candyman for this sublime melody at the Winter Olympics, huh? :duh: But oh well, moving forward hopefully with sass and style. You guys seriously have got to connect more with visible emotion on the ice. Try harder and better, please. :drama:

Spun Silver

SOS! After seeing their NEW new SP I feel like these guys need musical help. They are skating to music that doesn't even come close to fitting them. Come on, Nina and Robin! Don't destroy their reputations with these awful programs.

Any suggestions? Here are a few from me:

-- I've Got You Under My Skin (many versions)
-- Villa Lobos guitar etudes
-- Amy Winehouse, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
-- César Franck, violin sonata (I have suggested that for at least two other skaters/teams but since no one has taken me up on it, it's still there)
-- Tchaikovsky piano trio
-- Ravel, Tzigane (another one I've suggested before to no avail) -- would LOVE to see what it brought out in them

mjb52

I can't imagine that they will change again, but I saw the LA Opera's beautiful performance of Orfeo et Euridice awhile back and I thought of them for some reason - not sure which parts of it are most skateable (it does end with an extended ballet sequence so maybe that?) but I think there is a lot of possibility there.

I love their Long Program, and I think if there going to have a bad one out of the two, better that it's their short.

Spun Silver

I can't imagine that they will change again, but I saw the LA Opera's beautiful performance of Orfeo et Euridice awhile back and I thought of them for some reason - not sure which parts of it are most skateable (it does end with an extended ballet sequence so maybe that?) but I think there is a lot of possibility there.

I love their Long Program, and I think if there going to have a bad one out of the two, better that it's their short.
I was being sort of tongue in cheek but no harm thinking ahead. The Orpheus theme could be gorgeous for them. Not just the ballet music but the part that tells the story. The Stravinsky and Monteverdi versions are both fantastic too.

kittysk8ts

Well, I like the new SP better than the first. That’s about all I can say at this time.

Bigbird

Maybe they really have no range, but would it have been so hard for them to convert their Ordinary People gala to a sp? I mean this program is embarrassingly juniorish. Somebody please get them a choreographer.

Mad for Skating

TBH, I don’t think the short program itself is that horrible. It’s nothing special but hey, at least nobody’s panties dropped this year. I dream of something divine for them, but this program isn’t offensive.

Maybe they really have no range, but would it have been so hard for them to convert their Ordinary People gala to a sp? I mean this program is embarrassingly juniorish. Somebody please get them a choreographer.

I actually love this idea! IMO Ordinary People was one of their best programs. However my favorite was their EX to “I guess I loved you” by Lara Fabian (I know we see way too much Lara in the skating world but it was beautiful!)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
SOS! After seeing their NEW new SP I feel like these guys need musical help. They are skating to music that doesn't even come close to fitting them. Come on, Nina and Robin! Don't destroy their reputations with these awful programs.

Any suggestions? Here are a few from me:

-- I've Got You Under My Skin (many versions)
-- Villa Lobos guitar etudes
-- Amy Winehouse, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
-- César Franck, violin sonata (I have suggested that for at least two other skaters/teams but since no one has taken me up on it, it's still there)
-- Tchaikovsky piano trio
-- Ravel, Tzigane (another one I've suggested before to no avail) -- would LOVE to see what it brought out in them

May be you could send this list to their coaches. I was so disappointed with their SP choice! When will they realize this kind of music and program is completely wrong for them? They are so talented! They deserve better.

Mad for Skating

OMG I LOVE THE FREE SKATE SO MUCH!!! This is the kind of masterpiece they have always deserved. This is the kind of talent that I’ve always known they’ve had, ever since I spotted them in 2015. I wish so badly that they had used this program at the Olympics instead of that Candyman shtick, but I’m so happy they finally tapped into their talent and are going to unleash it this season full-force (better late than never!!!). Some of the elements were still messy, but this will be amazing when it’s clean. I admit I was very doubtful of Trankov being able to pull this off, but he did a beautiful job.

Also, Evgenia’s dress, hair, and makeup is absolutely stunning! It’s hard to believe this is the same girl who was running around in polka dots last year. She’s so pretty and it’s sometimes hard to see that through the crazy costumes but she literally shined like a diamond today. I’m just so happy right now.

Rock2

The SP is utterly cringeworthy and leaves me with only one thought (besides "this is just awful"): that they thoroughly dislike skating.

I'm digging the long.

C'mon, guys, get it together. You should be world champions for at least half the cycle.

Mad for Skating

To me it looks as if he has shoulder problems, but I hope not.

For some reason, Vladimir has had trouble with lifts for a while now. His shoulder is apparently doing fine enough to do beautiful twists though, so I’m not sure if it’s an injury. I think it’s a technique issue. She’s definitely not too heavy or anything; I think he has trouble with getting his feet under him while lifting.

They have had some wonky lift issues in the past - I believe in the FS at 2017 Europeans and Worlds. Hopefully they will tidy them up quickly so they are ready for the Grand Prix.

That said, the FS is excellent and I wish them the best!

Bigbird

TBH, I don’t think the short program itself is that horrible. It’s nothing special but hey, at least nobody’s panties dropped this year. I dream of something divine for them, but this program isn’t offensive.

I actually love this idea! IMO Ordinary People was one of their best programs. However my favorite was their EX to “I guess I loved you” by Lara Fabian (I know we see way too much Lara in the skating world but it was beautiful!)

I just don't get why it's so hard to give this couple two decent programs, seriously?

Mad for Skating

I just don't get why it's so hard to give this couple two decent programs, seriously?

Well the FS is the best I’ve seen by a mile, so I have hope that they’ve stumbled upon something great at last. They’ve finally found their style. Maybe next season they’ll have the SP figured out.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Maybe they really have no range, but would it have been so hard for them to convert their Ordinary People gala to a sp?

I'd never seen their Ordinary People (John Legend) exhibition from 2016. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU0irGBaBks

ITA that this program is well-worth adapting for a competitive sp. Why not!? Vlad actually looks at Evgenia and smiles! :wideeyes: Amazeballs! I've never seen Vlad do that before during a competitive performance, much less with actual naturally genuine feeling. They are connecting naturally in this performance and not trying to be something they are not. That's the key! Why can't their coaches, choreographers and mentors see that? :drama: They are telling a story in a cool and easy way, and not trying to play at being sexy. I don't get why no one thought to adapt this for a competitive sp. The music has a nice breezy feel to it as well, which allows them to get into telling the story, without forced movements and expressions.

Is it that they turn off who they are when they perform competitively? Get it together please. I am totally tired of seeing T/M being given high scores for dreck and lack of emotional connection.

screech

I don't hate the SP - it's definitely more successful than Candyman...

I think she needs a different hairstyle for it though. The bun is too 'proper'. Even a ponytail would be better! I absolutely love her dress - she looks like she's on her way to a Christmas party, but he looks like a random dude she found on the street. At least sparkle up his belt!

Amy L

С днём рождения Владимир!

It's Vladimir's 26th birthday today. :rollin:Best wishes to to swole Ron Weasley, I hope he and his lovely partner continue to annoy the haterrrz by winning everything in sight. :EVILLE:

Mad for Skating

С днём рождения Владимир!

It's Vladimir's 26th birthday today. :rollin:Best wishes to to swole Ron Weasley, I hope he and his lovely partner continue to annoy the haterrrz by winning everything in sight. :EVILLE:

Happy birthday Vladimir!!!
I've never had anything against them btw, even if I wasn't a huge fan of their Candyman program. They're sweet people, they have loads of talent, and this really can be their year. (And he DOES really look like Ron Weasley! My friend always calls T/M "Hermione and Ron" because she can't pronounce Russian names LOL).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I like it that the switched to Rach 2 for the SP. I wish they had done this earlier. The 'so good' program didn't suit them that well. I am glad that Trankov is giving them advice on what works for them. It seemed like in the past nobody was guiding them in the choice of music and programs. I am hoping that by worlds they will feel more comfortable with their new SP. I loved their new costumes too. Good luck in the LP. It is gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information