Survivor S42

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Once again the great strategist left passes the torch to the one who engineered their elimination! Never seen so many happy people after The Tribe Has Spoken.

Of course, I wanted Jonathan gone, but Maryanne really did step up this episode, and she did it with ROMEO of all people because Mike and Jonathan were too busy being men to listen to her.

Mike made a bit of a case for himself this ep, but then also not, because he got too cocky about it.

I still think on the whole this season has been a snooze, but the last 3 episodes have been aces.

Rooting for Lindsay or Maryanne!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Beautiful end to the season. I knew once the big secret of the unused immunity idol came out it was a done deal and it was so deserved. And for once, the editing actually explained the winner's story and path to victory.

I read an interview with Probst where he floated the idea of bringing the entire cast back for round two, which I'm not in favor of. But the potential for returning players in a second chance/game changers type of situation is strong from the last two seasons. Lindsay, Ricard, Omer, Drea, Hai, Shantel.. maybe even Xander. I wouldn't mind seeing any of them a second time.

smurfy

Beautiful end to the season. I knew once the big secret of the unused immunity idol came out it was a done deal and it was so deserved. And for once, the editing actually explained the winner's story and path to victory.
ITA on editing. We saw Maryanne’s journey and her mature before our eyes. Still love Drea and Omar and appreciate Chanelle and Hai

I do appreciate in editing where Maryanne said something to Mike abt how Jonathan treats women.
Funny how the guy that is the big physical threat became almost a nonissue.
Very good season with great game play, great players, wonderful personal events and a satisfying ending for a deserving winner

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Was really nice that Maryanne was able to articulate her gameplay, and her strategies throughout the game, and that hidden immunity idol remaining a secret was a game-changer for her. We really did see a maturation process with her during the game which was really nice to watch.

sk8pics

I really enjoyed this season as well as the finale. I, too, figured Maryanne won it when she revealed her strategy and the idol she’d never told anyone about. I felt a little sorry for Mike, who I think is a decent guy but not very insightful. I didn’t like Romeo at all so I wasn’t sorry he lost.

I like the counting of the votes on the spot, but I don’t like the whole reunion show right then. Did previous contestants come back on set for that? I can’t even remember. I like to hear people’s take on the season and their own actions and reactions after they’ve gotten a little distance from it.

I guess Jonathan was the only one to vote for Mike? Is that right?

smurfy

I really enjoyed this season as well as the finale. I, too, figured Maryanne won it when she revealed her strategy and the idol she’d never told anyone about. I felt a little sorry for Mike, who I think is a decent guy but not very insightful. I didn’t like Romeo at all so I wasn’t sorry he lost.

I like the counting of the votes on the spot, but I don’t like the whole reunion show right then. Did previous contestants come back on set for that? I can’t even remember. I like to hear people’s take on the season and their own actions and reactions after they’ve gotten a little distance from it.

Yes Jonathan voted for Mike. To me it was part friendship and a bit of not voting for a female. I got the sense he liked Maryanne, but discounted her due to age and her bubbliness.

Jeff did apologize to not including the earlier evicted players.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I like the counting of the votes on the spot, but I don’t like the whole reunion show right then. Did previous contestants come back on set for that?
No. And I don't like it, either, as I think the survivors have more interesting and insightful things to say after they've had some time to reflect and aren't stuffing their faces with pizza.
That's my assumption.

sk8pics

Finished watching the Survivor wrap up show. I really liked this group of people. I can’t remember a cast that had this little venom and bitterness. They were really mostly all gracious even if disappointed. I thought Mike seemed disappointed but maybe he was just exhausted. I saw Jonathan hugging Drea in the closing moments.

Too bad we did not see the earlier folks booted out; I’ve really forgotten all about them!

genevieve

Staff member
Finally got a vpn to work so I could see the finale. :cheer2:

Romeo winning final immunity was everything. I told the GF to expect a lot of 😶 faces on the jury and she wasn’t disappointed.

Mike winning fire over Jonathan was a close second to everything 🔥

Jenny

From the Bloc
I remember one of the earlier seasons, one of the cast was doing a blog while it aired and it was really interesting. I recall she talked about the challenges, and Jeff's infamous "I'll give you a moment to strategize" can be an hour or more of players asking questions, even trying it parts of it. Would have been interesting to see some of that, I do sometimes wonder why a team elects to have this person sit out or this person run this part. Would be a fun BTS type special, no? To show some of this? Guess they want to maintain the magic though.

That blog was pulled part way through the season, shame.

genevieve

Staff member
I didn't stick around for the preview of S43. I hope it's an all new cast?

Jonathan lobbying so hard for another shot. I know he's exactly the kind of player Probst loooooves, but please, no. Or at least, if he gets another shot, let his tribe eliminate him as soon as he's not carrying them to immunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information