Survivor - Ghost Island

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Ding dong, Bradley's gone!!!

I was literally on my way here to post this exact sentence! :rofl:

So two more HIIs found yesterday, plus another ghost advantage. I've completely lost track of who has what. Does anyone have a list anywhere? The show needs to include who has what in their on-screen graphics when they show the contestant's name/occupation.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
I’m having problems with who’s who as well. Plus they keep referencing their original tribes and I have no idea who was on what original tribe.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I was literally on my way here to post this exact sentence! :rofl:

So two more HIIs found yesterday, plus another ghost advantage. I've completely lost track of who has what. Does anyone have a list anywhere? The show needs to include who has what in their on-screen graphics when they show the contestant's name/occupation.

Dominic has an idol and the legacy advantage
Kellyn has the extra vote
Wendall and Michael have idols.

smurfy

Glad Bradley is gone. What a dick! :)
I am so glad I am confused. I just can not remember who half these people are.
The early tribe switches are a major fail.
Too bad - as it will be the ghost island gimick that will be considered the failure most likely. It may have worked if not for the tribal switches.
Will all these idols/advantages in play cause an event like in Game Changers when Cirie got the boot as everyone else had protection?
I also like Michael and Wendell. Is Michael the one that is 18?
So next week is the merge? Maybe it will get better. Please!

BaileyCatts

... Is Michael the one that is 18? So next week is the merge? Maybe it will get better. Please!

Yes and yes and gawd I hope so!!! :p

Now Michael is the one whose captions says he is a real estate agent, or is that someone else? Because are you allowed to be a real estate agent when you are 18? Isn't there like legal stuff you can't do until you are 21? I remember years ago (like 1989?) a girl at work could not rent a car on a business trip because you had to be 25 to rent a car and she wasn't. So can you be a real estate agent at 18?

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Yes and yes and gawd I hope so!!! :p

Now Michael is the one whose captions says he is a real estate agent, or is that someone else? Because are you allowed to be a real estate agent when you are 18? Isn't there like legal stuff you can't do until you are 21? I remember years ago (like 1989?) a girl at work could not rent a car on a business trip because you had to be 25 to rent a car and she wasn't. So can you be a real estate agent at 18?

Apparently so.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he graduated from real estate school and started working for realties in 2016, which is rather hmmmm, since according to California law, you must be 18 to be licensed. He must have been working in another capacity to get his required hours in the business until then.

Ha that Survivor neglects to mention that he's also a model, which probably has a lot more to do with why he was cast :p.

Erin

Banned Member
I finally got around to watching the last two episodes today. I decided to keep on watching since Bradley getting the axe sounded entertaining. It was, but it was a long slog to get there. The bit with Chris making an ass of himself was kind of entertaining at least. I also dislike Dominick less than I did a few episodes ago, so that's something. I'm hoping the Chris-Dominick feud actually results in something else interesting happening because aside from the Bradley boot, this has been brutal. If I have to hear "Naviti-strong" one more time, I'm going to gag. Sticking to an alliance based on a tribe you were on for 6 days together when you have been reshuffled twice since then seems like really lazy strategy.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I agree, I think we need a few weeks of voting blocs or "trust clusters" to shake some things up. People who aren't necessarily aligned together, but temoporarily vote together to achieve a common goal. I fear it's going to be an "original Naviti strong!" from here on out.

smurfy

The Merge provided the Chris and Dom show, with some Wendell. Wendell allying with these guys will be his downfall.
Glad at least 1 of them was gone.
I so thought with all the idols/advantages, and Libby's comment about being safe and the 4 Niviiti ladies wanting to vote Libby out I was prepared she was going. The idols/adv would have been played to keep Chris, Dom and Wendell safe and Libby would be the only unsaved person with votes. Then next week would be hilarious - the guys being jerks and all.

Hopefully the rest of these folks will target Dom & now Wendell (I use to like you, sorry).
I think the 4 Niviti ladies (sorry if I am spelling the name wrong) - if they stay together - they can get rid of everyone else. I like Laurel and Kellyn and Andrea. Can't remember the 4th one.
But I do kind of like Michael - the 18 yr old - I think he is doing well for how young he is.

Erin

Banned Member
I think the 4 Niviti ladies (sorry if I am spelling the name wrong) - if they stay together - they can get rid of everyone else. I like Laurel and Kellyn and Andrea. Can't remember the 4th one.

Laurel is actually one of the original Malolos. But I do like her. The four Navitis were Kellyn, Chelsea, Angela and Desiree. I'm amazed I actually can figure that out given the stupidity of picking your alliance based on who you happened to be on a tribe with for the first two days with in the beginning of the game and all the subsequent tribe switches since then. As stupid as Chris vs. Dom was, I was at least glad it was another break from Naviti strong.

But I do kind of like Michael - the 18 yr old - I think he is doing well for how young he is.

I like Michael too. I'd be happy with a win from him or Laurel, although I think it will be tough for either to happen. That said, we've seen it before where a dominant tribe eats their own and someone from the non-dominant tribe slips under the radar (Russell's original season when Natalie won, Danni's win, Vanuatu when Chris won over all the women). I'd give better odds to Laurel than Michael because I think someone will realize Michael is a threat and get rid of him, but Laurel is very quietly playing a good game.

Unfortunately, given how I have been feeling about this season, it will probably end up being somebody boring like Kellyn, who I do not like.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I was watching this morning after work, and while half-dozing from time to time, I realized that when even Dom is less obnoxious and offensive on my screen, I did truly dislike Chris.

Wendell. Oh my. I liked you....until you started talking more. (Tends to be my M.O. in dealing with most guys)

Lauryn and Michael are about the only ones I like right now, although Donathan is growing on me.

I heard from :sekret: that Kellyn and Bradly are a couple. :rolleyes::yikes:

Gross. Let her go next then.

Jayar

Kellyn is extremely annoying. Right now I am completely rooting for Michael, Donathan, and Laurel. I am still willing to give Chelsea and Libby a chance, but beyond that, I am not sure.

Erin

Banned Member
I heard from :sekret: that Kellyn and Bradly are a couple. :rolleyes::yikes:

Yeah a couple of their instagram posts have been posted on some other boards and that's the conclusion I would reach also:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhMNZB8nset/?hl=en&taken-by=ksbechto
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg48YwGAC97/?hl=en&taken-by=bradley_r_k

I would hold out a wish that it was a Ponderosa romance and that it's an indication that she gets voted out soon, but Chris is the first jury member and so Bradley would be separated from anyone else who gets voted off next, so that's not a possibility.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Based on Dom's pre-merge interview, Bradley and Kellyn were working together in the game and he threw a challenge with his epic belly flops so that he could make sure Bradley was voted out pre-merge or else Bradley and Kellyn had a good chance of running the game from then on.

PeterG

It's interesting to watch (most of) the men talk too much and screw themselves in the process. Sebastian seems to be laying low, and Donathan as well for the most part. Dominick seems to know he should be quiet for a while, so that's good. But Wendell and Michael need to chill out a bit. Michael especially screwed himself last night. He could have created a great upset with Malalo voting five strong while the Naviti people split votes 4/3. But when Donothan asked Michael who he thought they should take out, Michael named Wendell, an ally of Laurel and Donothan's. If Michael had instead said, "anybody would be fine, who do you think"? then something could have happened that would have turned the game on it's head. I think asking questions instead of making statements is the way to play the game. Especially if you phrase things like, "what do you think about if we did .......?" as if you're just throwing ideas around but are really trying to plant seeds. Michael was still safe because of his immunity idol, but I think it's possible he didn't have to waste his idol last night. Plus he's pushed Donathan and Laurel away by suggesting Wendell for the boot AND has lost Libby, one of his Malalo people. Bad move, Michael.

PeterG

Isn't that a secret alliance?

Exactly. And since you don't know what the secret alliances are, don't name names. Just say, "Honestly, I'd be happy to take out anybody on the other tribe...who are you thinking of?" If you're hellbent on getting Wendell out, deep into the conversation, you could say something like, "what do you think about Wendell"?

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
While I'm glad that Dez went this week, I am really having a hard time finding people I actually like this season, and am constantly forgetting who is aligned with who because I kind of don't care. Chelsea won immunity and I swear I've never seen her before. Laurel or Michael for the win. (because they are the only two I actually like)

Tinami Amori

I have a question for people "in the know":
- Ghost Island ceramic capsules that may or may not hold immunity certificates. Must they be broken in order? or can one knock out ANY one in the line. If there is no rule to knock out the next one in line, are contestants just "not thinking out of the square"?

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I have a question for people "in the know":
- Ghost Island ceramic capsules that may or may not hold immunity certificates. Must they be broken in order? or can one knock out ANY one in the line. If there is no rule to knock out the next one in line, are contestants just "not thinking out the square"?

I was going to post the exact same thing. As far as I know, it never said anywhere that they had to be broken in order.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I haven't seen an official answer myself, but I've seen several posts claiming that a Survivor producer confirmed that they do have to break the urns in order. I guess they want to control the timing of the games?

Apparently all of the winning choices so far have been in the bamboo box on the left, too. :confused:

Tinami Amori

I haven't seen an official answer myself, but I've seen several posts claiming that a Survivor producer confirmed that they do have to break the urns in order. I guess they want to control the timing of the games?

Apparently all of the winning choices so far have been in the bamboo box on the left, too. :confused:
Now that i learned the "ceramic capsule" is called "urn", i was finally able to find the answer on line. Probst confirmed the urns must be smashed in order, fr left to right.
https://i.redd.it/aiyf01doz8j01.png

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
While I'm glad that Dez went this week, I am really having a hard time finding people I actually like this season, and am constantly forgetting who is aligned with who because I kind of don't care. Chelsea won immunity and I swear I've never seen her before. Laurel or Michael for the win. (because they are the only two I actually like)

ITA. I really don’t care much about any of these people.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Now that i learned the "ceramic capsule" is called "urn", i was finally able to find the answer on line. Probst confirmed the urns must be smashed in order, fr left to right.
https://i.redd.it/aiyf01doz8j01.png

But he seems to believe that the urns aren’t shifting positions each time a different person goes to the island. I’m sure the producers could make sure certain players at least have a chance of earning power as opposed to automatically shutting them out.

smurfy

Got caught up for the last 2 weeks.
Jeff seemed happy saying last week - that the stick was not just a stick. I could hear Eliza saying ' that's a stick'
lol
I too get confused on some of these people.
Dom seems less annoying. I like Laurel, Angela, and donation seems ok.
I was blaming the early tribe swaps, but now I am just getting bored.

Tinami Amori

But he seems to believe that the urns aren’t shifting positions each time a different person goes to the island. I’m sure the producers could make sure certain players at least have a chance of earning power as opposed to automatically shutting them out.
If you mean the producers maybe switching the urns around depending on which contestant comes to the Island, then i think that yes, it is technically possible..... But, only if they are willing to take this construction apart, which is a pretty heafty construction and there maybe fresh scratches on the wood if they did that.... It's a pretty solid construction to be taken apart easily. There are several wood blocks to remove on at least 2 if not 3 sides and then hammer back together.... Here are some fotos, maybe you'll see something that would make it easy to take apart..

https://i0.wp.com/survivorfandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Survivor-2018-ep4-Ghost-Island.jpg?resize=1000,668
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._island.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180303064829
https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/QC6G0KuG5j7e7vCXgUmD-m3gOKA=/1920x0/https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/vms-tv-images-prod/2018/03/129978/ghost-island.00_00_39_15.Still001.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information