Superstitions for Prediction of Olympic Gold Medalists. Zagitova wins?

skatingguy

decently
Funny, it doesn't look blue-ish!
Depends on what photos you look at. When I look at images on Google, some make the dress look like it has a blue-tinge and others make it look very grey. It's kind of like that dress from a few years ago, where the colour was in the eye of the beholder.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The superstition is working in her favor right now. I am not writing off Medvedeva yet. Zagitova skated great but we don't know yet if she can handle the pressure of being the favorite. Also I think Med was not quite there yet, coming of an injury. I am still hoping that Ned wins the OGM with that beautiful LP.

Fiero425

The superstition is working in her favor right now. I am not writing off Medvedeva yet. Zagitova skated great but we don't know yet if she can handle the pressure of being the favorite. Also I think Med was not quite there yet, coming of an injury. I am still hoping that Ned wins the OGM with that beautiful LP.

IMO they're interchangeable! Both do that hideous "arm over the head" maneuver in their jumping passes! :rolleyes: :COP: :duh:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
IMO they're interchangeable! Both do that hideous "arm over the head" maneuver in their jumping passes! :rolleyes: :COP: :duh:

They land their jumps. They deserve to get points for those.

Actually the Rippon jumps look very pretty and both are doing those.

MIsty Blades/Skate Mom

Banned Member
This is how I think the Olympics Women will go:

1 Alina Zagitova
2 Evgenia Medvedeva
3 Carolina Kostner
4 Satoko Miyahara
5 Kaori Satamoto
6 Bradie Tennell
7 Mirai Nagasu - I hope this is higher
8 Karen Chen

Fiero425

This is how I think the Olympics Women will go:

1 Alina Zagitova
2 Evgenia Medvedeva
3 Carolina Kostner
4 Satoko Miyahara
5 Kaori Satamoto
6 Bradie Tennell
7 Mirai Nagasu - I hope this is higher
8 Karen Chen

I just don't understand this Carolina love-fest! Am I missing something? Karen has a better chance at the Olympics IMO! :rolleyes:

Fiero425

Yes. Even now, Carolina Kostner has the best basic skating skills of any Ladies skater this century, perhaps ever. That is all.

Well those skills won't do her a bit of good if she can't stay on her feet during her jumping passes; btw they're not up to the standards of today's skaters! I barely watched Europeans for that reason; only the Russians really impressed me and even they aren't favorites for reasons stated many times before! :rolleyes: :duh: :irina1: :oksana1: :puppet: :watch:

Vagabond

Well those skills won't do her a bit of good if she can't stay on her feet during her jumping passes; btw they're not up to the standards of today's skaters!
If you have access to the archives, you should go read posts about Patrick Chan and why he was marked the way he was despite his falls. You might find it enlightening. :saint: Or not. :shuffle:

Fiero425

If you have access to the archives, you should go read posts about Patrick Chan and why he was marked the way he was despite his falls. You might find it enlightening. :saint: Or not. :shuffle:

Probably not! Judges are selective in that respect; giving tons of credit for skating skills when jumps aren't up to snuff, while punishing others when they skate fairly clean! I've seen it happen for over 40 years! There's always an agenda we all have to believe is going on! SHADY! :rolleyes: :wall: :COP: :duh: :judge: :revenge:

bumblebeevich

Banned Member
I think despite the Europeans result Medvedeva has a great shot. I really think if she didnt mess up a stupid double axel in the short the final result is probably different. Her long was ok but not her best, she had numerous shaky landings which is rare for her. Zagitova never skates 2 programs that clean and there is already a lot of complaints about her GOE and PCS at those event, particularly PCS. I would still bet Medvedeva if I had to bet my life on which one wins. It is a close battle though. There is probably less shot of someone else getting gold or silver than there was with Tara and Michelle in 98.

Marco

Probably not! Judges are selective in that respect; giving tons of credit for skating skills when jumps aren't up to snuff, while punishing others when they skate fairly clean! I've seen it happen for over 40 years! There's always an agenda we all have to believe is going on! SHADY! :rolleyes: :wall: :COP: :duh: :judge: :revenge:

I think it is the other way round now - judges giving high PCS to skaters just because the skaters are landing jumps. Lipnitskaya, Sotnitkova, Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Medvedeva, Sotskova, Zagitova. In the recent bunch of Russian girls, the only one whom I think deserved high PCS when skating well was ironically Pogorilaya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information